ADVERTISEMENT

Palandech

His decision making was awesome. His throwing accuracy is the only thing that was lacking at times.

Happy for the guy. Played a fantastic game. Has taken a lot of flack (some deserved some not).

This is what has made Palandech frustrating. You see flashes, but this is the first time he put it all together for four quarters.
Palandech played a darn good game! His plus for the offense is he can take it to the house. He really needs better coaching. His downside is he can't hit the deep ball for his life which lets teams crowd the los. But if he continues his short route accuracy, he can be effective. He actually won the starting job in fall camp which may come as a surprise.

People keep talking about the lack of being able to deliver the deep ball for Palandech, but I don't know about that. I saw him drop some in the basket with pressure on him. Previous plays - yes, but it seems like he truly did improve. Can some more improvements be made - YES, every quarterback in every game can look at corrections, but as a total package I couldn't be happier for him and the team. I started to question the 'what ifs' - of if he was in on other close games... could we be at 6 wins already. You can't truly answer that, but his execution made me go there.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I was happy to see that break away speed on that 76 yarder. No other qb on the unlv roster has that type of top end speed. That bye week really came at a good time. Great offensive adjustments were made to curtail everything around Palandech.

Truly one incredillous game I have ever witness on a gridiron. Thank you Rebels and than you Cowboys. Both team were incredible.

Happy for the guy. Played a fantastic game. Has taken a lot of flack (some deserved some not).

This is what has made Palandech frustrating. You see flashes, but this is the first time he put it all together for four quarters.
Obviously, his best game ever as a Rebel. Now you go with him and he gave himself some rope, too.

Obviously, his best game ever as a Rebel. Now you go with him and he gave himself some rope, too.

I think you have to at this point. It sounds like Stanton is healthy enough to play, but it might be a pain management type of deal. The injury might need to be cleaned up after the season.

Palandech's issue has always been touch & accuracy. He can put three straight passes on the money, then turn around and throw one 10 feet over a receivers head or knock over the gatorade cooler on the sideline.

If Palandech struggles they can always go to Stanton or Sneed.

As long as Palandech is not a complete disaster vs Boise he will start vs Reno.

I'd love to see KP lead the Rebels from start to finish to beat UNR for the season finale. He did just enough to hold on for the victory last year in Reno, and I'd love to see him go 2-0 against our three-toothed friends from the north.

I'd love to see KP lead the Rebels from start to finish to beat UNR for the season finale. He did just enough to hold on for the victory last year in Reno, and I'd love to see him go 2-0 against our three-toothed friends from the north.

Who's calling them friends? And by Three Toothed you are counting the cheer squad as well correct?

If Palandech could just learn to run the read option, he'd be a tough QB to stop. He really struggles with making the right read...and that fumble for a score was a good example of it... Sneed was/is the best at the read option I've seen at UNLV...he's very good at it.

That said Palandech has outplayed both the one and two this year, and I'm happy to see him step up. Not a lot of players could come in and do what he's done...staying mentally prepared after slipping to the third QB spot...it's been a real feel good story, quite honestly. I hope it gets to be an even better story these next two weeks. Nothing's impossible... Boise isn't inbeatable, but they've had our number lately for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT