ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Stadium

XFactorRebel

Jul 11, 2012
What's this I am hearing about Majestic pulling out? Fox also stated it was announced a month ago? I suppose Adelson is going to have to show his seriousness and pony up.

Last edited:
What's this I am hearing about Majestic pulling out? Fox also stated it was announced a month ago? I suppose Adelson is going to have to show his seriousness and pony up.
According to article it's a family affair? Not sure what that means. Between Davis, NFL, Adelson and public funds why is Majestic needed?

I do think it sucks for them. They are the reason this all got started and they've been f'd twice now.

Nothing will change with Majestic being out. They've been out for quite awhile just took the press till now to report it.

Room tax : $750mm

Adelson: $650mm

Raiders: $500mm

That's how it will be financed.

Reactions: RunninRebl90
Kind of funny... they did mention they would be available/willing to help with a UNLV stadium if the NFL did not come through.

Any one who knows anything about Nevada politics is well aware of the power and influence of the Nevada Resort Association. Two weeks ago the Nevada Resort Association board members representing 70 properties state wide voted unanimously to support the recommendations of the SNTIC. Consequently, all of gaming is on board across the entire state. Little gets done in Nevada with out their blessing. It would be literally unprecedented that the Nevada Legislature would say no to the Nevada Resort Association regarding infrastructure improvements in Las Vegas regardless of the weak opposition. I would give it a 99.99% chance of passing.

They stated it turned into a legacy project for Adelson vs w/e the Fuq they expected it to be. Sounds like they didn't expect it to make it this far and wanted some 'majestic' exposure and now that it's there....they tuck tails and wallets and run. They are about as reliable as AEG unless you already have a name in your basket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT