ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Celebrity deaths

THE Robbie Knievel..first time watching it!!

You have to be a special kind of crazy to do this stuff!!

Did you guys own dirt bikes? Or motorcycles in general?

Reactions: the Florian Trout
I doubt you’re my age, but if you are, we know each other or know the same people. I had many friends in Montara, I was next development north, Monte Verde.

Yeah, Paradise Park was our go to. From when it was a drug infested weed haven (mid 70’s) to a nice park and a nice park that doubled in size (mid 80’s). Before it doubled in size, we used that hilly desert for forts and we even spent a couple of weeks building a pretty kick ass motocross track … I was crap on the bike, my friends were all good … that abandoned desert had one large hill that stood out and that was our starting spot.

Tons of memories at Paradise Park from tee ball to the rec center for ping pong, table golf and foosball, to great cross neighborhood tackle football to making out with girls to drinking beers, to locking cops inside the gate … fantastic memories.
John and I played baseball against each other (LL & HS) and I hang out a bit while he and Johnny work on the racer which is an interesting evening just about every time.

Reactions: RebelScrub
I doubt you’re my age, but if you are, we know each other or know the same people. I had many friends in Montara, I was next development north, Monte Verde.

Yeah, Paradise Park was our go to. From when it was a drug infested weed haven (mid 70’s) to a nice park and a nice park that doubled in size (mid 80’s). Before it doubled in size, we used that hilly desert for forts and we even spent a couple of weeks building a pretty kick ass motocross track … I was crap on the bike, my friends were all good … that abandoned desert had one large hill that stood out and that was our starting spot.

Tons of memories at Paradise Park from tee ball to the rec center for ping pong, table golf and foosball, to great cross neighborhood tackle football to making out with girls to drinking beers, to locking cops inside the gate … fantastic memories.
I have a friend whose dog recently died at Paradise Park from ingesting a piece of paper used to wrap drugs.

• Sad
John and I played baseball against each other (LL & HS) and I hang out a bit while he and Johnny work on the racer which is an interesting evening just about every time.
Oh, lol. Ok then. I didn’t realize you knew who I was IRL. Still small time town vibes sometimes. I just hung up the phone with him a couple minutes ago. My nephew is a good kid.

Gina Lollobrigida!! Never heard of her but she is freakin’ hot!!

What a cool f’n name. So cool that if I were to marry her, I would change my last name and take up hers. RIP hot sexy momma.

She also played Sheba in the Bible.

Does anyone know who I’m talking about?

Reactions: TimothyC3
Gina Lollobrigida!! Never heard of her but she is freakin’ hot!!

What a cool f’n name. So cool that if I were to marry her, I would change my last name and take up hers. RIP hot sexy momma.

She also played Sheba in the Bible.

Does anyone know who I’m talking about?
Of course. But I’m older than you. And to be honest, though I heard of her when I was young, I couldn’t pick her out of a lineup at that time. But there were a lot of beautiful classic ladies back then that you probably couldn’t place.

Close to my old stomping grounds (Tropicana and McLeod, actually smack dab in the middle of Pecos, Trop, Eastern and Flamingo). But I don’t remember that. Not saying you’re wrong, I just don’t recall.

I lived on Reno just off of Maryland at Newport cove from '93-'94 just one year and had friends that lived over there for a few years before and after those years, There was a house that had an Evel Knievel trailer in the driveway, one that would carry a drag racing car or motorcycles etc. Someone told me that was his house, I just always assumed that it was, but maybe it was just his driver that lived there??

I do know Redd Foxx lived on Eastern/ Sunset and had that store right there with his red Sanford and Sons truck parked in front.

• Love
Of course. But I’m older than you. And to be honest, though I heard of her when I was young, I couldn’t pick her out of a lineup at that time. But there were a lot of beautiful classic ladies back then that you probably couldn’t place.
There’s a shit ton of older celebrities that I’m not aware of.
she lived up to 95 years of age. She has lived a full life.

Check out THIS video.

I lived on Reno just off of Maryland at Newport cove from '93-'94 just one year and had friends that lived over there for a few years before and after those years, There was a house that had an Evel Knievel trailer in the driveway, one that would carry a drag racing car or motorcycles etc. Someone told me that was his house, I just always assumed that it was, but maybe it was just his driver that lived there??

I do know Redd Foxx lived on Eastern/ Sunset and had that store right there with his red Sanford and Sons truck parked in front.
Give me the location and I might go visit there..

Give u an updated 2023 version of what Las Vegas has become.

Give me the location and I might go visit there..

Give u an updated 2023 version of what Las Vegas has become.
Redd Foxx was Eastern just south of Russell. I think it might have been Eastern and Rawhide, but essentially smack dab between Reno and Russell on the east side of Eastern. He used to have a drinking fountain right in the corner. One of those L shaped Ranch home types. Probably law offices now, it’s been awhile for me.

• Love
Redd Foxx was Eastern just south of Russell. I think it might have been Eastern and Rawhide, but essentially smack dab between Reno and Russell on the east side of Eastern. He used to have a drinking fountain right in the corner. One of those L shaped Ranch home types. Probably law offices now, it’s been awhile for me.
Eastern
i never watched Sanford & Son. Too young to comprehend it. I remember liking the theme song though as a child.

His house should have been remodeled and kept in its condition so that people could visit it. But alas, it IS Vegas and land is always a premium.

Kinda like Graceland. I always would wonder what happen to ThAT estate. Lisa Marie squandered every penny and was dead broke. I don’t judge as I myself am along a similar path. Her children get to keep the estate for now. I was NOT hoping some millionaire memphis rapper buy that estate or something to that effect.

Alright, we know Raquel Welch was the premier hot woman of all time that passed away..but what about the great Stella Stevens? RIP @ 84. The 60’s had to have been awesome growing up…

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I did not realise that Norm Macdonald died in 2021. I love this dude on SNL, David Letterman show and Conan O'Brien. So witty.

I’m going to miss that dude. Norm is one of those whacky guys that … it really doesn’t matter what he does. Big fan.
One of the old school dude. Letterman was his biggest fan. He was not that old when he died. WTF happens?

One of the old school dude. Letterman was his biggest fan. He was not that old when he died. WTF happens?
It was a cancer, maybe prostrate? He kept it quiet and mainstream didn’t find out about it until he died.

There are a few guys, you see them and you know they’re going to just make you laugh. He was one of those guys. I feel similarly about Rob Schneider. Jon Lovitz used to do the same to me.

All SNL guys.

Jerry Springer dead at 79.

Loved the 90’s. It was pure trash. Hindsight being 20/20..we all tuned into it at some point.

Forts and motorcross tracks - man that is so Vegas Circa 80's - endless days spent in swimming pools with the ringing sound of locusts in the summer while being stained from eating pomegranate - Sunset Park was so nice when it was brand new _ i grew up by the airport - lots of good Legion baseball and memories - You know Roger Fairless and the Valley Boyz were the shit (better than Gorman ; ) - They were so good - Coach Fairless said (he was my PE teacher) - He said - "Bobby - you're a good kid - but just not good enough to make our team - you could easily play on any other team Chap or Eldorado - but Sorry ------ We were stacked - I mean Steve Rodriguez was 2nd string 2nd base in front of me - Now looking back it makes since but at the time i hated him... its okay.... I took up basketball instead at 15. I ended up loving basketball much more than baseball anyways.

Forts and motorcross tracks - man that is so Vegas Circa 80's - endless days spent in swimming pools with the ringing sound of locusts in the summer while being stained from eating pomegranate - Sunset Park was so nice when it was brand new _ i grew up by the airport - lots of good Legion baseball and memories - You know Roger Fairless and the Valley Boyz were the shit (better than Gorman ; ) - They were so good - Coach Fairless said (he was my PE teacher) - He said - "Bobby - you're a good kid - but just not good enough to make our team - you could easily play on any other team Chap or Eldorado - but Sorry ------ We were stacked - I mean Steve Rodriguez was 2nd string 2nd base in front of me - Now looking back it makes since but at the time i hated him... its okay.... I took up basketball instead at 15. I ended up loving basketball much more than baseball anyways.
Yeah, I got a couple years on you. I was zoned and intended to play for Valley, but my older brother screwed that up by getting great grades but being expelled for truancy (sounds like typical public school). So my parents sent to him to Gorman and I had zero choice. I wanted to play for Fairless at Valley. I really did. I played with most of those guys from my youngest days. Richard Ebarb was short stop, we were great up the middle as a tandem (I was 2B also). We still talk about it to this day. Danny Opperman was the star of that class though. Tough ass skinny pitcher that could break them off the end of the table or hit you in the low to mid 90’s and he had great control. The great control was a benefit to me, I was able to dig in and concentrate more and always had some success against Danny even though he mopped up the rest of my teams. I was only a slap contact hitter but a good lead off. Don’t know recall how many years he was starting, but Dave Caroon played second base at that time. Built like a mini-Ron Cey. Good dude, but I was a better 2B than him. But as much as my parents loved watching me play ball, I had no strong future in it and academics and discipline came first.

But me and at least half of that Valley squad played together/against each other over the years.

I think Ty Houston was a two or three years younger, I think Steve Chitren was a year or two older. Both MLB guys. Opperman was a 1st round draft pick for the Dodgers. He was one of those kids that we knew would “make it” because he was just so dominant. As cool as shit too. But I recall he tweaked his elbow pretty good as a senior, Dodgers took him 1st round anyway. Blew it out, a couple Tommy John surgeries and he wasn’t able to bounce back. Played around in triple A, Albuquerque … but had to hang them up very, very early because of the injuries. But made the most of it, got his law degree at UNM, stayed there, raised a family. I still remember the first time I met Danny at Sunset Park, right beyond the center field fence of the most northeast field, kinda near the concession stand. A small group of us were playing “tag up” and he was nailing everybody at the plate from 175 feet away. Not sure of the distance but nobody else was getting anybody out from the distance he was lasering them from. I think that was 1976, we were 8 year olds. I was in awe of that rubber band arm.

Our team at Gorman was pretty awful. But ironically, a year younger than me, spawned the 1995 AL Rookie of the Year, Marty Cordova. I don’t have room to talk, but he was skinny in high school (I was probably 145-155 in early hs). He really beefed up in the Majors.

The valley has always been loaded with good baseball players. That’s why I scratch my head when UNLV baseball struggles.

It's possible it was different in that timeframe but I lived next door to Evel's son Kelly from 1976-1988 and we used to see Evel's bus every Thanksgiving. Talked to him a few times (awesome guy) but he was living in Florida during that time period. It's possible he had a second home in Vegas as he was on the road all the time but I know most of the time at Thanksgiving he said he was coming from his home in FL.

Yeah, I got a couple years on you. I was zoned and intended to play for Valley, but my older brother screwed that up by getting great grades but being expelled for truancy (sounds like typical public school). So my parents sent to him to Gorman and I had zero choice. I wanted to play for Fairless at Valley. I really did. I played with most of those guys from my youngest days. Richard Ebarb was short stop, we were great up the middle as a tandem (I was 2B also). We still talk about it to this day. Danny Opperman was the star of that class though. Tough ass skinny pitcher that could break them off the end of the table or hit you in the low to mid 90’s and he had great control. The great control was a benefit to me, I was able to dig in and concentrate more and always had some success against Danny even though he mopped up the rest of my teams. I was only a slap contact hitter but a good lead off. Don’t know recall how many years he was starting, but Dave Caroon played second base at that time. Built like a mini-Ron Cey. Good dude, but I was a better 2B than him. But as much as my parents loved watching me play ball, I had no strong future in it and academics and discipline came first.

But me and at least half of that Valley squad played together/against each other over the years.

I think Ty Houston was a two or three years younger, I think Steve Chitren was a year or two older. Both MLB guys. Opperman was a 1st round draft pick for the Dodgers. He was one of those kids that we knew would “make it” because he was just so dominant. As cool as shit too. But I recall he tweaked his elbow pretty good as a senior, Dodgers took him 1st round anyway. Blew it out, a couple Tommy John surgeries and he wasn’t able to bounce back. Played around in triple A, Albuquerque … but had to hang them up very, very early because of the injuries. But made the most of it, got his law degree at UNM, stayed there, raised a family. I still remember the first time I met Danny at Sunset Park, right beyond the center field fence of the most northeast field, kinda near the concession stand. A small group of us were playing “tag up” and he was nailing everybody at the plate from 175 feet away. Not sure of the distance but nobody else was getting anybody out from the distance he was lasering them from. I think that was 1976, we were 8 year olds. I was in awe of that rubber band arm.

Our team at Gorman was pretty awful. But ironically, a year younger than me, spawned the 1995 AL Rookie of the Year, Marty Cordova. I don’t have room to talk, but he was skinny in high school (I was probably 145-155 in early hs). He really beefed up in the Majors.

The valley has always been loaded with good baseball players. That’s why I scratch my head when UNLV baseball struggles.
I had Greg Maddux's wife Kathy in a number of classes at UNLV and remember asking her why he didn't go to UNLV. She said he worked out with UNLV players all the time in high school so talk about a built in advantage, but I remember she said UNLV didn't show a lot of interest in him for some reason.

• Angry
Reactions: bcvegaspt
I had Greg Maddux's wife Kathy in a number of classes at UNLV and remember asking her why he didn't go to UNLV. She said he worked out with UNLV players all the time in high school so talk about a built in advantage, but I remember she said UNLV didn't show a lot of interest in him for some reason.
Wow. That would be like the basketball team looking at young Shaq and saying,'yeah, no thanks, we're good'.

Wow. That would be like the basketball team looking at young Shaq and saying,'yeah, no thanks, we're good'.
Yeah I'm not sure if they just assumed he was coming or what the deal was. But from what she said Dallimore didn't reach out very much, maybe he took it for granted he would go there not sure. UNLV had some really good players at the time with some postseason success so maybe they were over confident.

Saw a meme that said prison authorities sent messages letting people know that he had died but they were afraid to open them.
Hearing all sorts of stupid rumors. Suicide or that he became a tranny.

That prison he was in is like a fortress.

Dude, the unabomber is dead. Did you ever read his manifesto?

What if he sent a package to Lenny Zayne? Just kidding man…
That dude’s mind was so warped. I understand he was part of MKUltra experimentation which is just nasty. That’s next level stuff, it’s evil. Not surprised he turned out as he did. Super smart guy, too.

Well..Tony Bennett passed away. Lived a great life. I don’t know any his songs.

And now Sinead O’Connor. I didn’t care for her too much. Didn’t buy her first album. Kinda agreed with her on the Catholic issue. Ended up converting to Islam and then just dying after her only son committed suicide. That’s really rough so I empathize on that part.

Well..Tony Bennett passed away. Lived a great life. I don’t know any his songs.

And now Sinead O’Connor. I didn’t care for her too much. Didn’t buy her first album. Kinda agreed with her on the Catholic issue. Ended up converting to Islam and then just dying after her only son committed suicide. That’s really rough so I empathize on that part.
I didn’t like Sinead’s music either. But she was a strong woman. She held strong with her convictions. Nobody can accuse her of being wishy washy. I respect her for that.

Close to my old stomping grounds (Tropicana and McLeod, actually smack dab in the middle of Pecos, Trop, Eastern and Flamingo). But I don’t remember that. Not saying you’re wrong, I just don’t recall.
Good ol stompin grounds. We were right by the airport South of TRop. My brother worked at Alpha Beta and REdd Foxx would tip him a roll of quarters to help him with his groceries.

Yeah I'm not sure if they just assumed he was coming or what the deal was. But from what she said Dallimore didn't reach out very much, maybe he took it for granted he would go there not sure. UNLV had some really good players at the time with some postseason success so maybe they were over confident.
Good ol stompin grounds. We were right by the airport South of TRop. My brother worked at Alpha Beta and REdd Foxx would tip him a roll of quarters to help him with his groceries.
I miss Skaggs Alpha Beta. There was an old store over on Bonanza Road that we used to go to.

It surprised me to see they were selling the old Jetfire Transformer toy on the shelf.

Sure enough, my mother bought it for me for Christmas! Was in absolute heaven.

Alpha Beta. Awesome haven’t heard that name in years. My parents grocery store of choice as a kid growing up in Orange County. When I was probably 6 years old I got caught lifting a butterscotch candy just one piece like everyones grandfather had in his pocket. We got to the car, my mom saw I had the candy and was about to unwrap it and pop it into my mouth. She marched my happy ass right back into the store to give it back and apologize for robbing the place.

I saw Redd twice once at Wonder World and the other at Millers Outpost with his wife after he had gotten married.

We saw Redd quite a few times as kids. I went to Helen C Cannon middle school, basically on Russell and Eastern, Redd lived right on Eastern and I think it was on Rawhide, right between Hacienda and Russell. It was a ranch style home, I’m guessing it’s probably a law office now. The property had a water fountain just outside of the front yard on the very corner of the street that anybody from the public could use.

That was at a time when arcades started exploding … I remember when school let out, kids would race a couple hundred yards through the small desert to get to that Stop and Go on the northeast corner of Eastern/Russell to play one of the two arcade games there, like Donkey Kong and Crazy Climber. Had to be five dozen kids jam packed inside the little convenience store.

Dude Ready Player 1 Arcade on Maryland Parkway is bad ass on Wednesdays. Free for locals.

I bought 5 dollars in quarters at the El Cortez but didn’t gamble.

Dude they have NBA jam with the old roster and Larry Johnson playable with the hornets prime Larry Johnson.

Guys I’m gonna buy season tickets for football. It’s like 150 bucks for the corner!!

We saw Redd quite a few times as kids. I went to Helen C Cannon middle school, basically on Russell and Eastern, Redd lived right on Eastern and I think it was on Rawhide, right between Hacienda and Russell. It was a ranch style home, I’m guessing it’s probably a law office now. The property had a water fountain just outside of the front yard on the very corner of the street that anybody from the public could use.

That was at a time when arcades started exploding … I remember when school let out, kids would race a couple hundred yards through the small desert to get to that Stop and Go on the northeast corner of Eastern/Russell to play one of the two arcade games there, like Donkey Kong and Crazy Climber. Had to be five dozen kids jam packed inside the little convenience store.
Wow we grew up right in the same area. I went to Cannon too. That Stop N Go was the Spot .... I Remember a Nickle Arcade around TRop N Pecos - Close to the Chucky Cheese I think ?? - My mother used to Manage the Rum Runner bar - right next to the bar they had an arcade I could play for free all day. (the perks) Good Times. lots of summers in the Swimming Pools - Dirt Bikes IN the desert. (there was a little track right by cannon and The STop N go I would ride my YZ125 around all the time) All day in the Sun☀️ and the nights were spent watching UHF channel 33 🤘 and MTV rocking out to Heavy Metal .... but still Moonwalking to MJ and trying to do back spins and the worm on cardboard because I just saw "Breakdancing" and ELectric boogaloo ... LOL ...i was the breakdancing Heavy Metal kid. lmao. I was confused. I loved it all. Times were so simple.

Reactions: Rebels_88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT