ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Celebrity deaths

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Gonna post here on famous people who died.

Today’s first victim.

Shock G from Digital Underground. He sang Humpty Dance and introduced the world to 2pac Shakur.

I have one song that I own from Digitial Underground.

9 minutes of Doowhatyoulike.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Digital Underground-Return of the Crazy one was the first CD I ever had, bought it with my own money. That was the first album with Tupac as a part of the group.

RIP Shock G

Reactions: RebelScrub
I was a fan of Digital Underground. Sorry to his family and loved ones.
Nothing but Trouble was a pretty damn funny movie with some major stars. Digital Underground were arrested in the movie and have to play a song for the judge(Dan Aykroyd, with a true dick nose!) and you see a young, 20 maybe Tupac. They play the only other song I have heard/like from them, besides Humpty Dance.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Nothing but Trouble was a pretty damn funny movie with some major stars. Digital Underground were arrested in the movie and have to play a song for the judge(Dan Aykroyd, with a true dick nose!) and you see a young, 20 maybe Tupac. They play the only other song I have heard/like from them, besides Humpty Dance.
All around the world its the same ol' song

Reactions: mrodius
Excuse me trooper, will you be needing any packets
Today? Yo, be , don't be throwin' on my jacket, ok?
Cool, just trying to get your attention
So you can take a look at this invention
Now peep these, I got some more in my jacket
[Man, what are these, condoms?] Uh uh: sex packets
It's like a pill, you can either chew it up
Or like an alka-seltzer, dissolve it in a cup
And get this: see the girl on the cover?
You black out, and she becomes your lover
[You're trippin] no, I'm serious, these are authentic
[Yeah, well I don't take hallucenogenics]
Wrong again, my man, this is way more real
But since you know everything, I'll make someone else a deal
Yeah he's the packet man
Yeah he's the packet man
Yeah he's the packet man
Yeah he's the packet man
Three for ten dollars, it can't hurt to try it
[Well what exactly do I get?]
Well read what it says, look at the picture [Bet
It says Chinese girl, age 17, waist 24, hips 33,
Hmmm, this one here says young black virgin
Man this is crazy, I'm gonna have to splure an
Get me a few of these things. How long do they last?]
Well it depends, let's see
These cheap ones here are ten minutes
But these are extra power, they last about a half an hour
And these here sell for bout 40
'Cause you get two girls [Yeah it says orgy]
Right, and if you're married, it's no big deal
You're not cheating at all, you're just poppin a pill
And if your wife's got a headache and wants to hit the sack
It's cool, take a packet fool
Biochemically compacted sexual affection
Now here, take a look at my selection
Yeah he's the packet man
Yeah he's the packet man
Yeah he's the packet man
Yeah he's the packet man
[OK, I want these two boxes of three
And give my blondy here, and that one that says orgy
And, by the way, I need something for my woman]
Sure, I got guy packets [Cool, give me some of em]
Now let me tell you how to take it:
Either sit of lie down, and you really should be naked
Otherwise you're gonna mess up your clothes, know what I mean?
This is more then just a dream
It's very realistic and it's gonna blow your mind
So be careful: only take one at a time
And never take one behind the wheel
You'll black out and hit a pole [Cool, let's make the deal]
These are 40, these are 80, and this one here is 10
Just give me a hundred dollars, I'll call it even
But don't pull your money out yet, see
There's one or two narcs in this area that sweat me
Over here, [Yeah, this looks kinda cool
20, 40, 60, 80 a hundred, shmoove]
Here's my number, in case you need to reach me again
And remember, you need to be as safe as you can
There's only one thing safer then using your hand
Dial that beeper number, and call the packet man
Yeah he's the packet man
Yeah he's the packet man
Yeah he's the packet man
Yeah he's the packet man

Ahhh...shut up and just listen
Not dissin, don’t get me wrong
But to me it’s just the same old song
So just watch cause my name is Shock
I like to rock and you can’t stop this
Tupac go ahead and rock this...

Up next..80’s video vixen Tawny Kitaen dead at 59. I had a huge crush on her back in junior hifh

This girl was in a lot of metal videos. Her best one is dry humping Jaguar Hoods in Whitesnake’s Here I go again. But she steals it in Still of the Night.

remember she was married to baseball player Chuck Finley and was the one beating the crap out of him. Crazy lay I assume

not a celebrity but semi famous Sports Athlete especially if you followed college football.

I remember June Jones and his crazy offense back in the day,

Colt Brennan dead at age 37..I’m guessing due to alcohol.

I remember his team lighting us up. I think he got drafted by the Redskins.

That fentanyl is strong stuff. Biden needs to declare war on meth and fentanyl.

Up next, New Jack of ECW wrestling...dead at 58 from a heart attack. ECW was amazing in the 90
’s. It was way better than WCW or WWE. The 90
’s was a fantastic time to be a wrasslin’ fan.

Better than 80s WWF? WWF in the 80s was the equivalent to live action Marvel Comics.

Pretty good documentary about New Jack.

Extreme Championship Wrestling was amazing during my college years..1995-2000.

They definitely pushed boundaries. The mid 90’s were awesome. 1997 was when I joined CNNSI as the first message board publicly dedicated to UNLV basketball. I ended up buying ECW’s first wrestling ppv for 20 bucks I think.

I do remember The gangstas coming out to Batural Born Killas with Dre and Ice Cube when they were with ECW. I didn’t know New Jack before when he was with Smokey Mountain Wrestling..

Not a celebrity, but Mr. Lee of Lee’s Liquor passed away yesterday.

Not really a Vegas Icon but he had cool commercials and I loved the shopping experience when you walked in and was automatically lost trying to find your favorite beer.
RIP

I know I’m a little late but Meatloaf dying from Covid kinda hurts.

I was too young for his earlier stuff but “I would do anything for love” came out when I was in high school in the 90’s. He also had great roles in Fight Club and an underrated movie classic, “Black Dog” either the late Patrick Swayze.

Meatloaf was raised in my church affiliation so that’s where he learned how to sing.

Thanks for the great memories Meatloaf. The world didn’t care that you were fat.

I know I’m a little late but Meatloaf dying from Covid kinda hurts.

I was too young for his earlier stuff but “I would do anything for love” came out when I was in high school in the 90’s. He also had great roles in Fight Club and an underrated movie classic, “Black Dog” either the late Patrick Swayze.

Meatloaf was raised in my church affiliation so that’s where he learned how to sing.

Thanks for the great memories Meatloaf. The world didn’t care that you were fat.
Seriously? Watch the live video or just listen to the song “Paradise By Dashboard Light”. A lyrical masterpiece.

James Caan.

RIP at 82. I know him, I just don’t know any of his acting roles. For me, it was him opposite Kathy Bates in the movie “Misery”.

you can tell my age is starting to show.

I know he was in Godfather..

I gotta check out “Rollerball”. That looks fantastic.

James Caan.

RIP at 82. I know him, I just don’t know any of his acting roles. For me, it was him opposite Kathy Bates in the movie “Misery”.

you can tell my age is starting to show.

I know he was in Godfather..

I gotta check out “Rollerball”. That looks fantastic.

Roller ball is 70s/80s perfection...

It's awful, but in an enjoyable way...

I love Godfather I and II so I’m biased in saying that every key actor in both movies did a great job. He was perfect as Sonny Corleone.

Don’t forget Brian’s Song. Watch it and try not to cry. I dare you.

He was also in Las Vegas which was on about a decade or so ago for 5 seasons. It was full of a lot of gambling and really hot women like Molly Sims, Vanessa Marcil, Mikki Cox, Cheryl Ladd and Marsha Thomason.

Olivia Newton John Dead. I’ve had her in my celebrity death pool for the last 2 years.

I loved her music. RIP. I wish I saw her residency at Harrah’s when she was in Vegas

No introduction needed. Ernie Shavers RIP. He actually died September 2nd. Rated as the #1 power puncher in boxing by nearly everyone With a memory cell who has watched boxing.

my dad was born in 1946...

He’s around my dad‘S age. I wouldn’t take a jab from him with a football helmet on...

No introduction needed. Ernie Shavers RIP. He actually died September 2nd. Rated as the #1 power puncher in boxing by nearly everyone With a memory cell who has watched boxing.

my dad was born in 1946...

He’s around my dad‘S age. I wouldn’t take a jab from him with a football helmet on...

How Larry Holmes got up from the right hand Shavers hit him with, I'll never know..

You all know who’s dead. No introduction.

I thought she would outlive me.

You never know when God sets your number.

Last edited:
Alright, I don’t have time to catch up on celebrity deaths..we had Barbara Walter’s and the freakin’ Pope pass away. Long freakin week..

while I’m not Catholic, he tried to make being Catholic cool with some of his reforms. He’s the last pope to quit on his job and walk away from that paedo mess that the church has become. There’s a pic of him chin deep into some woman’s big titties…

Alright, this ine pains me a bit.

Anita Pointer, lead singer of the Pointer Sisters.Dead at 74.

Why does this celebrity death hurt to the scrubinator?

Well, the song “Fire” was the first song I have ever danced to in my diapers. It’s actually one of the first songs that I remember in my entire life. Pointer sisters also had “Slow hand” , (bahhhh,my spell check grammaris shit these days) “I’m so Excited” and the other 80’s song “ Jump..for my love” “Neutron Dance” that was featured in Beverly Hills Cops 1.

Just a freaking amazing singer. RIP, I love you!!

Just good damn music. I have lived in an incredible life..

Ahhh, this one totally sucks..

Anyone know who Jeff Beck is?

God, I got into him real real late, I mean…2022 late.

Some say his music is unlistenable, it took me awhile to finally get it..but I did.

Lisa Marie Presley..daughter of Elvis. Died of cardiac arrest?

Covid shot, cocaine? I dunno RIP.

Last time I saw her was with the fake kiss with MJ..1994 mTV awards.

That’s Elvis blood..Royal bloodline IMO.

Robbie Knievel..I dunno or remember him much. Pancreatic cancer. Horrific way to die.

I think I remember the 1989 jump over Caesar’s Palace. Can’t remember if he crashed hard or not.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
Close to my old stomping grounds (Tropicana and McLeod, actually smack dab in the middle of Pecos, Trop, Eastern and Flamingo). But I don’t remember that. Not saying you’re wrong, I just don’t recall.
So a few Paradise park memories I'm sure. Spent a few summers in the area with friends who lived in Montara Estates.

So a few Paradise park memories I'm sure. Spent a few summers in the area with friends who lived in Montara Estates.
I doubt you’re my age, but if you are, we know each other or know the same people. I had many friends in Montara, I was next development north, Monte Verde.

Yeah, Paradise Park was our go to. From when it was a drug infested weed haven (mid 70’s) to a nice park and a nice park that doubled in size (mid 80’s). Before it doubled in size, we used that hilly desert for forts and we even spent a couple of weeks building a pretty kick ass motocross track … I was crap on the bike, my friends were all good … that abandoned desert had one large hill that stood out and that was our starting spot.

Tons of memories at Paradise Park from tee ball to the rec center for ping pong, table golf and foosball, to great cross neighborhood tackle football to making out with girls to drinking beers, to locking cops inside the gate … fantastic memories.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT