ADVERTISEMENT

OSR

rebelluver

Lottery Pick
Jan 4, 2008
In your opinion is TC here for the long haul, or is he going to pull a Schlossnagle on us?

I'm guessing this might be a silly question because even if you knew he wasn't planning on staying very long you wouldn't be able to tell us anyway. Just curious as I really want him here a very long time. If he has the success we all expect him to have he will have plenty of options, that's for sure.

So anyway, if you can say anything, what's his prognosis for a long term stay here at UNLV?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I would say TC is here for the long haul....big time fund raiser..for baseball that would mean you've made serious friends and that doesn't happen overnight...TC and Kevin Higgins have been long time LV residents so it's a dream job for them...that's the easy part...it's all about W's this will be a very testing year....it's going to take time....

Forgive the ignorance, who's Higgins? Guessing an assistant of some sort? What's his background? Was he with Chambers at CCSN?

Sorry for berating you with questions. It's all very interesting right now and it's a cool feeling to have a UNLV sport to be so optimistic about. Would be nice if it was basketball....

Kevin Higgins played college ball at ASU, signed with the Padres and played a couple of seasons in Vegas with thr Stars [AAA] played one season with the Padres...He's one of the assistants....Stoltie the pitching coach is probably the head assistant..Has 14 years college exp. and is very respected in the college ranks. UNLV has good coaches and will be very good at recruiting...great results so far...

I think that's why he was a no brainer hire even before Gouldsmith.

I mean, seriously, this is one that should have happened long ago.

It's scary when a hire is so perfect - you almost worry that it'll get screwed up because it is so easy.

For whatever reason (Chamber being HC is the reason!) The RJ has given more coverage in this seasons first four games, than Buddy's teams got in 6 years.......actual photo's, lengthy write ups, and not buried on the back page or a quick few sentences in the "NOTES" columns.

Sudden turn around in RJ coverage, wonder if TC ben their ears over there at the RJ ?!?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT