ADVERTISEMENT

One More Thing

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
Let me see if I have got this correct. You (CTS) have stated that these QB’s offer different things. Gilliam is a better passer and Rogers is a better runner and helps us eat up a lot of clock. The running game has been completely shut down in the 2’nd half and instead of putting in the QB that engineered an 18 play clock eating drive in the 1’st quarter you decide to stick with Armani.

I have stuck with CTS and thought what he has been doing is the right thing but he lost a lot of credibility with me last night. He showed his players, fan base and fans that spent a lot of money traveling to Hawaii to watch the Rebels play that he is willing to put favoritism above what is good for the team.

Not sure if what is I heard is true or not about players yelling at the coaches coming off the field last night after the game but I wouldn’t be surprised. Armani needs to be a Wide Receiver, he is not a QB. It doesn’t matter how good he looks in practice, it doesn’t matter how big, fast & strong he is, it doesn’t matter if he passes the eye test because he can’t pass the ball. QB’s above all else are supposed to have that skill set that sets them apart from other football players. If you can’t pass the ball you shouldn’t be playing QB.

End of discussion & rant!

Reactions: RebelinWA
I at one time was a big Sanchez fan. Over time as I see his decisions , I have become doubful about him. But last night in Hawaii blew my mind. To sit Gillium and play Armani after what we did in the first half is STUPID. If i was Max, I would tell Sanchez and UNLV to shove it. Go ahead, play Armani, play the 30% passer . Let’s especially play him on the last drive when you MUST pass. Unbelievably stupid on Sanchez’ part. I wish he was fired. Wish Deseree could see his stupidity. He is a great talker but thats about it. Oh, and on two fourth and ones, let’s give the ball to our littlest least powerful running back. Not the first time this year either. I wish Caleb Herring was our coach.. Soooo much smarter then Sanchez. I can tell by Herrings words that he thinks Sanchez is a dummy. Most all in Rebel Football Land agree....

I at one time was a big Sanchez fan. Over time as I see his decisions , I have become doubful about him. But last night in Hawaii blew my mind. To sit Gillium and play Armani after what we did in the first half is STUPID. If i was Max, I would tell Sanchez and UNLV to shove it. Go ahead, play Armani, play the 30% passer . Let’s especially play him on the last drive when you MUST pass. Unbelievably stupid on Sanchez’ part. I wish he was fired. Wish Deseree could see his stupidity. He is a great talker but thats about it. Oh, and on two fourth and ones, let’s give the ball to our littlest least powerful running back. Not the first time this year either. I wish Caleb Herring was our coach.. Soooo much smarter then Sanchez. I can tell by Herrings words that he thinks Sanchez is a dummy. Most all in Rebel Football Land agree....

CTS is a piece of shit. I was pulling for him until UNM. I am done. No emotional or financial support until we hire a real deal coach. We have had at most 4 decent coaches in 50 years. VERY SAD!!!!. CTS can talk football bull shit and that is about it....:chairshot::flush::uzi:CTS

With Rogers in there no team has to respect the passing aspect of the game and can fully commit to defending the run cause Rogers can’t hit a barn door in game time situations.

Let me see if I have got this correct. You (CTS) have stated that these QB’s offer different things. Gilliam is a better passer and Rogers is a better runner and helps us eat up a lot of clock. The running game has been completely shut down in the 2’nd half and instead of putting in the QB that engineered an 18 play clock eating drive in the 1’st quarter you decide to stick with Armani.

I have stuck with CTS and thought what he has been doing is the right thing but he lost a lot of credibility with me last night. He showed his players, fan base and fans that spent a lot of money traveling to Hawaii to watch the Rebels play that he is willing to put favoritism above what is good for the team.

Not sure if what is I heard is true or not about players yelling at the coaches coming off the field last night after the game but I wouldn’t be surprised. Armani needs to be a Wide Receiver, he is not a QB. It doesn’t matter how good he looks in practice, it doesn’t matter how big, fast & strong he is, it doesn’t matter if he passes the eye test because he can’t pass the ball. QB’s above all else are supposed to have that skill set that sets them apart from other football players. If you can’t pass the ball you shouldn’t be playing QB.

End of discussion & rant!

He's a QB, just not for this offense.

Put him in New Mexico's zone read/spread option offense he excels.

With Rogers in there no team has to respect the passing aspect of the game and can fully commit to defending the run cause Rogers can’t hit a barn door in game time situations.

That's what makes it worse.

He sees a lot of favorable coverages to throw against.

I forgot about Stanton last year. Same thing... Stanton a better QB but we screw him to service Mr. 33%. I could be wrong but it seems as thoyghe Rebs want to “play” for Gillium more. Less three and outs....more completions to receivers....more spreading the wealth...Armani doesn’t bring that to the table..It’s all about Armani and his “athleticism “. Sanchez makes me sick. I’m really pissed he threw that game away. Sounds like many of our players agree.....And throw out the window any momentum going into the Reno game... I’m assuming Armani will start and we will be decked out in our usual white pants and black jerseys....so colorful ....

I forgot about Stanton last year. Same thing... Stanton a better QB but we screw him to service Mr. 33%. I could be wrong but it seems as thoyghe Rebs want to “play” for Gillium more. Less three and outs....more completions to receivers....more spreading the wealth...Armani doesn’t bring that to the table..It’s all about Armani and his “athleticism “. Sanchez makes me sick. I’m really pissed he threw that game away. Sounds like many of our players agree.....And throw out the window any momentum going into the Reno game... I’m assuming Armani will start and we will be decked out in our usual white pants and black jerseys....so colorful ....
Our winning percentage is higher when red is a primary or secondary color instead of just trim.

I’m joking. I’m joking that it makes a difference though I do think there’s some truth to it.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Tge Stanton move last year was the same thing. CTS sacrificed bowl eligibility to give Rogers the start.

Som ewhere fine with it because they believed the experience would benefit Armani and we would be bowl eligible this year and beyond.

To me it was obvious the Armani’s skill set and decision making were hampering each other and he was actually not learning on the job, just cementing bad habits.

It was also obvious that he will always be injured and miss a lot of games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somewhere fine with because they believed the experience would benefit Armani and we would be bowl eligible this year and beyond.

To me it was obvious the Armani’s skill set and decision making were hampering each other and he was actually not learning on the job, just cementing bad habits.

It was also obvious that he will always be injured and miss a lot of games.

This feels a lot like when Sanford hitched his wagon to Rocky Hines.

Also Sanford should have hired Rocky Long to run his defense after Long was let go by New Mexico. Instead he was afraid to hire a guy that could replace him.

Things might be different now..

But I digress....

This feels a lot like when Sanford hitched his wagon to Rocky Hines.

Also Sanford should have hired Rocky Long to run his defense after Long was let go by New Mexico. Instead he was afraid to hire a guy that could replace him.

Things might be different now..

But I digress....
Most coaches are going to be afraid to hire a recent head coach. Makes unorthodox (mid-season) firings easier. You have potential “next” in the office next door. And the potential for some internal bs is there in order to clear the head spot. A coach has to be pretty damn secure to hire a recent former head in that scenario. Most aren’t.

Should he have? Of course. I’m of the mindset you hire the best possible regardless of their ambitions and you go for broke.

The thing is, if you hire the best possible, (regardless if they are a former/recent head coach,) and they get the job done, the wins are coming, the current head gets the credit. Why would the school replace you for winning?

The thing is, if you hire the best possible, (regardless if they are a former/recent head coach,) and they get the job done, the wins are coming, the current head gets the credit. Why would the school replace you for winning?
If you win... if you struggle... if sht is stirred up internally and it makes things more difficult to win..... I'm just saying, there sometimes is heavy insecurity with head coaching.

Most coaches are going to be afraid to hire a recent head coach. Makes unorthodox (mid-season) firings easier. You have potential “next” in the office next door. And the potential for some internal bs is there in order to clear the head spot. A coach has to be pretty damn secure to hire a recent former head in that scenario. Most aren’t.

Should he have? Of course. I’m of the mindset you hire the best possible regardless of their ambitions and you go for broke.

You're right, it wouldn't have been a normal scenario or one most coaches would be comfortable with.

I forget, I think it was year 3? So he was coming off his 3rd two win season, and would have very much been feeling the pressure.

You're right, it wouldn't have been a normal scenario or one most coaches would be comfortable with.

I forget, I think it was year 3? So he was coming off his 3rd two win season, and would have very much been feeling the pressure.
It's something rarely talked about and seldom realized, but it certainly does exist. If, say, now that Theus is without a job - I surely don't think MM would take him on staff. Too easy and natural of a transition, makes it much easier to pull plugs. And RT has always wanted this job.... it seems like it'd make for an uncomfortable situation, no?

It's something rarely talked about and seldom realized, but it certainly does exist. If, say, now that Theus is without a job - I surely don't think MM would take him on staff. Too easy and natural of a transition, makes it much easier to pull plugs. And RT has always wanted this job.... it seems like it'd make for an uncomfortable situation, no?

Absolutely...Not..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT