ADVERTISEMENT

On to Michigan

220reb

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
Moving on to our next opponent. Just hope we can get through this healthy. This is a real good opportunity for the young guys to get Extended playing time. Michigan could be playing for a National Championship in January.

Must be nice to have the money to payout for these body bag games. Between E. Caroline and UNLV Michigan is paying out about 2/3rds of what we earn on our media rights.

Must be nice to have the money to payout for these body bag games. Between E. Caroline and UNLV Michigan is paying out about 2/3rds of what we earn on our media rights.
And we’ll happily take it. And it’s not the University who pays it. It’s the network.

And we’ll happily take it. And it’s not the University who pays it. It’s the network.
We have to take it. That is a lot of money. The point being our media rights contract pays peanuts compared to those guys.

If we could play Minnesota, Indiana or Northwestern Instead of Michigan that be great. I believe we could be more competitive in those games.

Good game for Rebels. I think we will be learning a lot from going vs their huge o and d lines. The quick read spread option game could give Michigan a little trouble. I think they will put 8 in the box and bring blitz on every down to throw off the long game. NC did that to South Carolina last night. Long night for SC, 9 sacks.

Random things Desperately needed at the Fertitta Football Complex this week:

1. An unlimited supply of holy water Blessed by 3 Priest, 1 Rabbi and 2 Shamans.
2. Art of War + War and peace
3. Time Machine to fast forward to our week 3 Vanderbilt win.

Just joking Go Rebels.

Random things Desperately needed at the Fertitta Football Complex this week:

1. An unlimited supply of holy water Blessed by 3 Priest, 1 Rabbi and 2 Shamans.
2. Art of War + War and peace
3. Time Machine to fast forward to our week 3 Vanderbilt win.

Just joking Go Rebels.
And some sort of oil based lubricant

Spread wise yes. But it won’t be the biggest against the spread upset of all time. UNLV already holds that record… and not on the good side of it.

Agree but, UNLV should have never been favored by that many points to begin with given our history!

Reactions: RRebel
IMO, Michigan can score as many points as they wish and we will only score if they make a couple of mistakes on a drive. The line is @ 38 so I would think the betting would clearly be Michigan. The problem is, however, you don't know when the Mich. coach will let off the accelerator. He could be happy with 45-10 and not want to push it up into the 60's.

Doug is going to have to throw for more than 90 yards if we're going to even look competitive... maybe they were just holding back in game 1 because Bryant was pretty over matched by score, but the Go-Go seemed more standard RPO with a heavy lean on Run first by QB, and Michigan will stuff that tendency faster than Bryant #4 sprinted keeping fans from getting Canes yesterday

My hope is that we can keep it competitive for a quarter, and delay the full blowout until the third quarter. Michigan is a deep and well constructed team, especially in the trenches.

Reactions: RRebel
My hope is that we can keep it competitive for a quarter, and delay the full blowout until the third quarter. Michigan is a deep and well constructed team, especially in the trenches.
They dont have Harbaugh in the sideline could only help, I think?

Last time it was 28-7 and Michigan ran the middle a ton to run the clock. They could and did make the score what they wanted. Who knows if they're in the same frame of mind. Maybe not with UM on the revenge tour.

Last time it was 28-7 and Michigan ran the middle a ton to run the clock. They could and did make the score what they wanted. Who knows if they're in the same frame of mind. Maybe not with UM on the revenge tour.
I didn’t see the UM/ECU game … kinda looks like UM won it early and coasted. Just as they did against us when we played.

Perhaps it’s early season, time to get reps for non-starters. Perhaps it’s just the coaches MO, win it and coast, don’t bury them.

Michigan has been taking it easy on non conference opponents. They only scored 30 points last week vs ECU. Letting the backups play. Hopefully they pull their starters at halftime. Also wondering much of the Play book is going to be used. Do we play it conservative or let it rip. Maybe we save some things for conference play. I would like us to be Extremely unpredictable similar to old Bosie State (Chris Peterson years).

Michigan has been taking it easy on non conference opponents. They only scored 30 points last week vs ECU. Letting the backups play. Hopefully they pull their starters at halftime. Also wondering much of the Play book is going to be used. Do we play it conservative or let it rip. Maybe we save some things for conference play. I would like us to be Extremely unpredictable similar to old Bosie State (Chris Peterson years).
I like your attitude. I dont like Joe's. (o)(o)

I didn’t see the UM/ECU game … kinda looks like UM won it early and coasted. Just as they did against us when we played.

Perhaps it’s early season, time to get reps for non-starters. Perhaps it’s just the coaches MO, win it and coast, don’t bury them.
It was Typical Michigan ground and pound. Heavy use of the running game with play action passing. It's their massive size that wears everyone down. They have 5 star players at every position on offensive and defensive lines. It's the main reason why Jim Harbaugh is suspended. He is obsessed with having Alabama/Georgia level recruits.

Reactions: j. spilotro
Just like with Bryant, there’s no reason to open up the playbook. Wait until game three onward.
I think they try to win this game. You are probably right, but this is then on the biggest stage of the year and I think they pull out all of the stops. There are moral victories in a game like this. Even if Michigan keeps in vanilla (without their coach) and we try as hard as we can and hang with them for a decent chunk, then that can boost confidence for the players and maybe some casual fans.
Utah made their mark by upsetting Michigan in the big house all those years ago and I think we try to do the same.
Try being the operative word.
Also not playing hard leads to more injuries vs than going all out. Yes they are big and Doug is at risk. But this offense is meant to be quick reads and go. Hopefully they follow that mantra this weekend.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
Does anyone know what section most of the UNLV fans will be sitting for the game? Behind the visiting side? My plus one got called in for work travel and I am going alone.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT