ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread NIT Round 2: UNLV vs Boston College

With keylan height and shot arc, he actually has a chance at pro ball if he works hard
of coarse he has a chance -

If he works hard is the thing ? It takes really hard work. Which one of the skinny brother got the DUI ?? does it look like these guys work out or have ever seen a weight room ?? Both brothers have Raw natural athletic ability that they could expand on if they wanted to. Both could be in the NBA. Meanwhile they will always lose to guys like Ladee On SDSU that is in the GYM and weight room instead of at the bar chasing ladies.

If these guys found a dedication to getting better they could both be in the NBA - something they should've found a few years ago. They will both play for some small $$$ briefly - then they will live with regrets the rest of their life for under achieving

Reactions: goraphareb
Did you go to the game? Most of the crowd, including myself, didn't feel like they played lazy at all! Besides the turnover state of 1 and 5 steals, they also had 7 blocked shots,
Did you do an exit poll at the T&M ???

You came to that conclusion because all those FANS
that were giving FREE tcikets

Cheered along WITH you in a VICTORY ?

C'mon now - That played horrible defense about 25 minutes of the game -

If you knew the truth _ they could've played a lot better and beat that team by 30 - BC showed up DOA - UNLV turned it on when they had to at the end to pulled away.

You should re-watch the game on TV
that way you are not influenced from the emotion of the crowd and see if you notice the lull in effort until the last 10 minutes ??

Last edited:
I was thinking that too. I haven't been to more than 3 or 4 games a year since I was a student (graduated in 2015), but did make the reno game this year. Obviously more people at that game. I thought the noise and enthusiasm "per capita" was considerably better for this game.

Almost like charging $25 for lower level seats helps get fans who want to support badly, but can't afford to.

Weird!
This!!! My biggest gripe with the school the past 10 years or so has been the price to sit downstairs. They never really adjusted after Lon left and the team fell off. The prices have not been reasonable for years and it's hurt attendance without a doubt.

This!!! My biggest gripe with the school the past 10 years or so has been the price to sit downstairs. They never really adjusted after Lon left and the team fell off. The prices have not been reasonable for years and it's hurt attendance without a doubt.
Not totally true. For the last 2 years+, they don't require the RAF donation to sit in the lower bowl. My ticket on the corner of 113, Row B, comes out to like $19/game.

Not totally true. For the last 2 years+, they don't require the RAF donation to sit in the lower bowl. My ticket on the corner of 113, Row B, comes out to like $19/game.
That's if your willing to shell out hundreds of dollars at once and pay for every home game. Most casual fans are not going to make that commitment. Especially with the lack of success for 15 years. Prices for single game tickets, have not been reasonable. Put them at $20-25 like yesterday and your likely to make more money with more people and concessions and actually have a good home court advantage.

I believe you just don't see the RAF donation. I could be wrong on this but I think I read it on the Rebel Ticket site a couple of years ago. To make it easier to understand the total price of the ticket, the RAF donation is combined with the ticket and one price is shown.

Keylan has a very good skillset with good height and length. That in itself makes him an interesting prospect. He would still be a project for sure.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
If he wins the NIT, he’s got a chance..

Other than that, too inconsistent.
Note his high release point. Shoots it from over his head compared to many who shoot from way lower. That allows him to get shots off fairly easily even while guarded. In nba as they collapse the middle, outside snipers get more shots unguarded. Keylan good on unguarded shots.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel

If you knew the truth _ they could've played a lot better and beat that team by 30 - BC showed up DOA - UNLV turned it on when they had to at the end to pulled away.

that way you are not influenced from the emotion of the crowd and see if you notice the lull in effort until the last 10 minutes ??
Free tickets? interesting, with the exception of the students (500 max), who received free tickets? Since the NIT controls the tickets, nobody received free tickets around me I have no clue, did they give free tickets to season ticket holders? Did you do an exit poll to see who believed they played like crap?

Free tickets? interesting, with the exception of the students (500 max), who received free tickets? Since the NIT controls the tickets, nobody received free tickets around me I have no clue, did they give free tickets to season ticket holders? Did you do an exit poll to see who believed they played like crap?
I'm a season ticket holder and I had to pay for my ticket and parking.

Reactions: Trax0r
Jesus Christ, do you guys ever post about the positive stuff?

Looks like we covered the spread. I didn’t see the game..

A lot of yall have become crabby and jilted.

16 years of losing will do that to you. I get it.

Up next we have the butt pirates. Not gonna jinx things but I like our chances. We seem to play a little better on the road.

Reactions: LVBC189
Jesus Christ, do you guys ever post about the positive stuff?

Looks like we covered the spread. I didn’t see the game..

A lot of yall have become crabby and jilted.🤣

16 years of losing will do that to you. I get it.

Up next we have the butt pirates. Not gonna jinx things but I like our chances. We seem to play a little better on the road.
"butt pirates" Love it. 🤣

Curious where the 30 point should have won over Boston College comes from? When it comes to the top teams in the ACC, BC lost by 12 to North Carolina, lost by 11 to Clemson, won by 20 over Clemson in conference tournament, and lost by 15 to Duke.

"Best crowd I’ve seen at the Mack in many years in terms of excitement and passion. Everyone was amped for the game from tip."

This. I'm still trying to figure out why.
I think it may be that everyone there really wanted to be there. Everyone had to buy their tickets within a few days of the game as opposed to a regular season game where season tickets holders, many of whom likely have held season tickets for many many years, attend out of (admirable) long-time commitment to the program but aren’t necessarily excited to be there.

I think it may be that everyone there really wanted to be there. Everyone had to buy their tickets within a few days of the game as opposed to a regular season game where season tickets holders, many of whom likely have held season tickets for many many years, attend out of (admirable) long-time commitment to the program but aren’t necessarily excited to be there.
Exactly..What I said at the game. Best crowd in a lot of years . It was FUN !!!

Curious where the 30 point should have won over Boston College comes from? When it comes to the top teams in the ACC, BC lost by 12 to North Carolina, lost by 11 to Clemson, won by 20 over Clemson in conference tournament, and lost by 15 to Duke.
I in earlier post I said that the ACC was "down", but they are doing quite well in the tournament. Sure Virginia was awful against CSU, but apparently they had the easiest possible draw with in conference teams.

BC isn't great, but they aren't bad. Post is a good player and they know how to use him.

Against them, I didn't think we played that terrible. There were some terrible defensive possessions. Part of that is Kalib and Whaley limping around. Also Keylan can just be lazy on defending the 3. But we also had some decent stretches of excellent defense.

Reactions: unlove
@silkcitypirate

Welcome to the boards!!!

Man, I think the last time we played you guys was back in 1988 or 1989. Probably one of the best squads of all time. PJ Carlesimo, Andrew Gaze. I forget the big guy you had..

Feel free to share information about your team.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
@silkcitypirate

Welcome to the boards!!!

Man, I think the last time we played you guys was back in 1988 or 1989. Probably one of the best squads of all time. PJ Carlesimo, Andrew Gaze. I forget the big guy you had..

Feel free to share information about your team.
Gaze killed us. I do remember John Morton was a hell of a guard. I remember a Ramon Ramos, as well. I think Anthony Avent was on that team but young. I think Darrell Walker was a good player on that squad.

They really did crush us …. But UNLV’s season pretty much ended at the end of the Arizona S16 game when Greg Anthony shredded his ankle on the stanchion and couldn’t go against SH effectively. He wasn’t quite THE Greg Anthony that developed into a really good PG (this was Greg’s sophomore year and he was transitioning from shooting guard to point guard … he was still the heart and soul of the team).

Happy for you. You have to be proud of her.

Damn you’re old. Are you Hank?
Doesn't look a day over 90!
Old Man Dance GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT