ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread NIT Round 2: UNLV vs Boston College

Kruger got caught buying minutes, left the worse lineup you could on floor too long... Web/Hicks/Nowell/JJ3/Jones should never be on the floor at same time

Reactions: rebel5280
This will be a 30 point win.
The team didn’t get the memo and decided not to guard the 3 point line or grab rebounds. Announcers said Kruger stated he prides himself on defense. It takes more than a steal or two to play defense. Let’s box someone out and limit the other team’s shot!

We should be up big at the half. 20 minutes to put it together. Hope your prediction is right!

The team didn’t get the memo and decided not to guard the 3 point line or grab rebounds. Announcers said Kruger stated he prides himself on defense. It takes more than a steal or two to play defense. Let’s box someone out and limit the other team’s shots.

We should be up big at the half.
Should be but we decided pull ups were better than layups and then we tried to play JJ/Web/Jones/Hicks/Nowell for 5 minutes and hoped we would score

The one thing the rebs were good at the 2nd half of the year was defense. They are not playing good d tonight at all.

Every time we sit DTJ and Boone together they make a little run... there shouldn't be a lineup that runs JJ/Webster/Nowell and Jones together

It's like if the 3 doesn't fall we immediately forget how to play and then miss easy shots... Whaley should've just dunked that and got an and 1 but he tried to reverse it and got blocked

Kalib looks lost in the zone, it’s almost like he’s afraid to do something wrong instead of attacking. He has a wide open lane and instead he’s trying to toss it back out.

Overall this was a fun game, Rebels had fun. D lacked a bit but after 35 games it’s gonna happen when the bench is super short. Great win!

Per espn, of the 8 nit games today and yesterday, unlv with 5500 finished 3rd in attendance. Ohio St and Indiana St were in the 7 to 8 thousand range. Tv guys were saying crowd was loud.

We will be going to Seton Hall where they drew 1200 on Saturday.

Best crowd I’ve seen at the Mack in many years in terms of excitement and passion. Everyone was amped for the game from tip.
Ka. Boone had a gutsy showing given that he isn’t fully healed and had to deal with BC’s big guy inside. Whaley looked gassed most of the game having to put a body on Post but his defense kept from killing us inside in every possession. Web and JJ really stepped up when needed each contributing key plays down the stretch. DJ was DJ.

Best crowd I’ve seen at the Mack in many years in terms of excitement and passion. Everyone was amped for the game from tip.
I was thinking that too. I haven't been to more than 3 or 4 games a year since I was a student (graduated in 2015), but did make the reno game this year. Obviously more people at that game. I thought the noise and enthusiasm "per capita" was considerably better for this game.

Almost like charging $25 for lower level seats helps get fans who want to support badly, but can't afford to.

Weird!

Ka. Boone had a gutsy showing given that he isn’t fully healed and had to deal with BC’s big guy inside. Whaley looked gassed most of the game having to put a body on Post but his defense kept from killing us inside in every possession. Web and JJ really stepped up when needed each contributing key plays down the stretch. DJ was DJ.
"Best crowd I’ve seen at the Mack in many years in terms of excitement and passion. Everyone was amped for the game from tip."

This. I'm still trying to figure out why.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Very soft on defense
I guess we went to a different game than you watched? There were times when UNLV struggled some, including those when Dedan Thomas was out of the game, but overall UNLV defense had a really good game. UNLV had 5 steals to 1 for BC. UNLV had (one) turnover to 8 for BC. When is the last time UNLV only had 1 turnover for an entire game? BC has some really good 3 point shooters and made a few that looked like circus acts with really good defense in their faces.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT