ADVERTISEMENT

Next Coach:

BornRebelRed

UNLV Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2007
Looking at Kellen Moore to be UNLV’s next head football coach. Currently the offensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys. At first I said no way. But then I believe he is the perfect type guy to put a jolt into the Rebel football program. As one of Boise State’s greatest quarterbacks, he would bring a wide open exciting offense. He is a Mountain West guy. He is young. He would increase our attendance in the upcoming new stadium. Can we afford him? The answer is yes. If we want to. Let’s see what happens with this.....

Moore looks like he could be a great coach someday but right now? I say No Way! He's been an Offensive Coordinator for a total of 7 games. I mean, I guess that's a better resume than CTS had coming out of Gorman but damn we're setting the bar low. I really hope the next coach has some FBS head coaching experience.

Looking at Kellen Moore to be UNLV’s next head football coach. Currently the offensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys. At first I said no way. But then I believe he is the perfect type guy to put a jolt into the Rebel football program. As one of Boise State’s greatest quarterbacks, he would bring a wide open exciting offense. He is a Mountain West guy. He is young. He would increase our attendance in the upcoming new stadium. Can we afford him? The answer is yes. If we want to. Let’s see what happens with this.....
Thanks for the inside scoop DRF.

Who is your backup option???

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebelious1
I don’t think DRF deviates from her prior searches. Unless the stars align the coach will be a young coach with a reputation as a great mind for either offense and defense with recruiting ties to major programs. So look for a young coordinator in a P5 school labeled as a can’t miss waiting for his first shot as a head coach. But if a former P5 head coach is available at the right price...

PS this is DRF’s ticket to the big time. She MUST get this choice right. It won’t be a quick decision. She will be thorough. Boosters will have limited input. The final decision will be solely hers.

Are you guys trying to say that the Rebs won't win out to save the season, win a bowl game and Get CtS a contract extension?

If Sanchez isn't retained.
I baring a big name coach, Jay Hill seems like a great fit as an outstanding head coach operating as his own Defensive Coordinator. He actually turned down the Utah DC job to remain at Weber State.
At Utah, he was also the recruiter for the Nevada region.
He's a guy that would probably turn it around quickly here especially with the returning pieces on offense.

https://weberstatesports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=551&path=football

I baring a big name coach, Jay Hill seems like a great fit as an outstanding head coach operating as his own Defensive Coordinator. He actually turned down the Utah DC job to remain at Weber State.
He's a guy that would probably turn it around quickly here especially with the returning pieces on offense.

You think he might be considered for the BYU job if Sitake doesn't make a bowl this season? They just had the big win over Boise State but Sitake is .500 during his tenure.

BYU expects to go bowling every year.

Hill's done a nice job at Weber State. He would be a realistic candidate if Sanchez is unable to reach ADs ultimatum.

Last edited:
You think he might be considered for the BYU job if Sitake doesn't make a bowl this season? They just had the big win over Boise State but Sitake is .500 during his tenure.

BYU expects to go bowling every year.

Hill's done a nice job at Weber State. He would be a realistic candidate if Sanchez is unable to reach ADs ultimatum.
What is wrong with you? It is taboo, totally unacceptable, to discuss potential coaching candidates when we have a sitting coach! Mathematically, there’s still hope! There’s no writing in the wall, you’re just a straight hater! True fans cheer at games, going nuts, even when you are down 52-7. If people would just get behind a coach instead of turning after a couple of years, we’d see that we have a hall of fame coach on our hands. Posting messages like this kill the program, players read it and it impacts them, so fluff it up instead, play up the win over St George University and Vandy, those are hallmark wins that prove the future is bright. Look at the incoming class, look at the player development. If you can’t see all the program development over the years, you’re blind! How dare you?!

Straight hater. Don’t you know that closing your eyes, crossing your fingers and praying is true fandom especially when every shred of logic tells you things are shitty? Ignore the dark side; unicorns, rainbows, Kumbaya and puppy dogs for all!

What kind of puppies are they? No...forget it! I still have the grown dogs from the puppies I got with the last two coaches, and they turned out to be mutts.

I am looking forward to the lively discussion of new coach possibilities. The rumors of coach x, y, or z coming to UNLV every few years after another coach fails, is the most enjoyable part of rooting for UNLV football. And that is SAD:(

What is wrong with you? It is taboo, totally unacceptable, to discuss potential coaching candidates when we have a sitting coach! Mathematically, there’s still hope! There’s no writing in the wall, you’re just a straight hater! True fans cheer at games, going nuts, even when you are down 52-7. If people would just get behind a coach instead of turning after a couple of years, we’d see that we have a hall of fame coach on our hands. Posting messages like this kill the program, players read it and it impacts them, so fluff it up instead, play up the win over St George University and Vandy, those are hallmark wins that prove the future is bright. Look at the incoming class, look at the player development. If you can’t see all the program development over the years, you’re blind! How dare you?!

Straight hater. Don’t you know that closing your eyes, crossing your fingers and praying is true fandom especially when every shred of logic tells you things are shitty? Ignore the dark side; unicorns, rainbows, Kumbaya and puppy dogs for all!

I prefaced it with 'if' though.

I only said he was a realistic candidate.

I didn't suggest him.

That was Will. I haven't suggested anybody.

I'm only commenting on names, and whether they make sense.

You know how this goes. People start playing 7 degrees of Urban Meyer. Names that make no sense start dropping.

Last edited:
Isn't her preferred hire still unemployed (Jim Mora Jr)?

Some good rebound names all over the place now. Brady Hoke coaching DL at sdsu, he did well at the MWC/MAC level. Rich Rod is OC for Ole Miss, lots of baggage on him but he'll be available.

Until Sitake pulled out the win against Boise over the weekend, I was sure Hill was a lock to take over BYU next season. I bet Sitake is extended if they can pull out 6 wins (3 cupcakes are still still to come), and Hill would be a nice option.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1

Some good rebound names all over the place now. Brady Hoke coaching DL at sdsu, he did well at the MWC/MAC level. Rich Rod is OC for Ole Miss, lots of baggage on him but he'll be available.

Rich Rod won't happen. To much baggage.

Not sure Mora would still be in play.

Until Sitake pulled out the win against Boise over the weekend, I was sure Hill was a lock to take over BYU next season. I bet Sitake is extended if they can pull out 6 wins (3 cupcakes are still still to come), and Hill would be a nice option.

Fair or not, any potential hire from FCS ranks would draw immediate comparisons to Hauck.

Would do nothing to create any excitement.

Not suggesting he would be a bad hire if a change is made. Just that I don't think it would be well received.

He would be a solid hire in my opinion, if the AD decides it's neccessary to move on from Coach Sanchez.

if the AD decides it's neccessary to move on from Coach Sanchez

If ? What world do you live in ???

The AD had probably decided that by the 9th game last season and before the oddsmakers predicted four wins for this season.

Separation is still a difficult process. There is a president to get consensus from and a few boosters to try to stay on positive terms with, and having some good replacement targets by the time the trigger is pulled.

The next two months are going to show a lot about our AD.

My opinion, you bring in the person that is capable of winning period.
Results matter more than comparisons & developing an effective defense will make the biggest difference.
Next year the NFL arrives.

Fair or not, any potential hire from FCS ranks would draw immediate comparisons to Hauck.

Would do nothing to create any excitement.

Not suggesting he would be a bad hire if a change is made. Just that I don't think it would be well received.

He would be a solid hire in my opinion, if the AD decides it's neccessary to move on from Coach Sanchez.

Although this is unlv and anything is possible, I cannot fathom a 2020 football season with Sanchez as coach. Can someone here make a cogent argument for keeping CTS for another season?

I suppose it is theoretically possible that unlv wins all their remaining games. But short of that vanishingly small probability, it is hard to see any positives in this season of despair:(

You’re allowed to capitalize UNLV, which is proper form. They’ve been your employer for however many years yet you still disrespect them like that? I’d guess that you always capitalize “duke.”

My opinion, you bring in the person that is capable of winning period.
Results matter more than comparisons & developing an effective defense will make the biggest difference.
Next year the NFL arrives.

I agree totally.

Was just pointing out the comparisons will be made.

Same thing will happen if it is a coordinator hired. Comparisons to Sanford.

This why UNLV continues to struggle.

You are all haters.

You are rooting against Sanchez.

Your negative energy is what holds UNLV back.

Why can't you guys just take a break for once.

UNLV beat an SEC team on the road, And all you guys can do is bitch about a 30 point loss to Fresno State.

Yeah the Rebels are 2-5 but why is it you guys only focus on the 5 and never the 2...

You guys call yourself 'fans'...

Real 'fans' don't discuss a current coaches future no matter what their record.

This why UNLV continues to struggle.

You are all haters.

You are rooting against Sanchez.

Your negative energy is what holds UNLV back.

Why can't you guys just take a break for once.

UNLV beat an SEC team on the road, And all you guys can do is bitch about a 30 point loss to Fresno State.

Yeah the Rebels are 2-5 but why is it you guys only focus on the 5 and never the 2...

You guys call yourself 'fans'...

Real 'fans' don't discuss a current coaches future no matter what their record.

Is that you Jussie?

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT