ADVERTISEMENT

New QB offer

A quick google search shows he is athletic, did track and field in HS. Runs a 4.7 40 time.

So Boise is on deck to get Nelson and we end up courting a kid who couldn't make it at Southern? Whoa - look for several more years - at least - before we catch Boise.

• Sad
Reactions: LVRebel2000
I’m guessing he signs and is brought in to compete for a starting job, with more to come
If we are bringing in someone to compete for the starting job who couldn't even see a single snap for UAB or Southern and is now on to his third school in as many years then we are in trouble. Makes Cody Doolin look successful.

How the off season started:
"Let's bring in a P5 QB to push Maiava to be great or win the starting job and carry us to next level."

How it's going:
"No Maiava, here's a guy that could run in HS but hasn't really played much in 2 years, maybe offer him?"

This is unnerving to say the least.. we had a decent season last year but recruiting seems to still be mired in underwhelming recruits at the key spots QB, DL, Edge, DB and LB!

I was hoping for more interest but it looks like we are not as attractive as some think?

Let’s hope for the staff to rally but this is starting much slower than I hoped!

These QBs are not being brought in to start; at least from what I was told.

But like I said in a previous comment, UNLV is not as attractive as some people on this board think. It starts from Barry's philosophy. I'm not going to dive deep into it again, but a lot of people do not want to play for a coach that is business like (which I for the record, think is good). We have never really been on TV and a lot of these kids have never even heard of Las Vegas.

Add in the fact that Marion's name is always in some coaching carousel. Recruits dont even know if he will be here in February.

Say Judkins transfers to UF. Who is to say that they dont go all in and bring Marion too and pair them with Lagway. I have no intel on this exact scenario, but its not too farfetched.

This is unnerving to say the least.. we had a decent season last year but recruiting seems to still be mired in underwhelming recruits at the key spots QB, DL, Edge, DB and LB!

I was hoping for more interest but it looks like we are not as attractive as some think?

Let’s hope for the staff to rally but this is starting much slower than I hoped!
If Maiava's true intentions were known behind the scenes as some have said, you'd think staff would be 2 steps ahead, not 2 steps behind and trying to catch up. There is always the spring signing period as well. Maybe we can nick a starter then from guys that fall down the depth chart from where they're at, but that's not exactly ideal situation bringing in someone late.

But like I said in a previous comment, UNLV is not as attractive as some people on this board think. It starts from Barry's philosophy. I'm not going to dive deep into it again, but a lot of people do not want to play for a coach that is business like (which I for the record, think is good). We have never really been on TV and a lot of these kids have never even heard of Las Vegas.

Add in the fact that Marion's name is always in some coaching carousel. Recruits dont even know if he will be here in February.

Say Judkins transfers to UF. Who is to say that they dont go all in and bring Marion too and pair them with Lagway. I have no intel on this exact scenario, but its not too farfetched.
So, we've still got DB, Friel, Edmundsen, and Ochoa. How many more backups do we need?

Screw this nonsense. Let's roll our dice on Bo and Ochoa. Keep DB and Friel as the backups or are they already out the door?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
So, we've still got DB, Friel, Edmundsen, and Ochoa. How many more backups do we need?

Screw this nonsense. Let's roll our dice on Bo and Ochoa. Keep DB and Friel as the backups or are they already out the door?
The expectation is that DB and Friel will not be here next year. I have no clue on Bo. A player gave me a hot take; that Ochoa would come in and start next season. He is an early enrollee. Bo was also Marion's pick last offseason so theres that.

The expectation is that DB and Friel will not be here next year. I have no clue on Bo. A player gave me a hot take; that Ochoa would come in and start next season. He is an early enrollee. Bo was also Marion's pick last offseason so theres that.
Wow, true freshman coming in to start? Interesting

Reactions: bcvegaspt

If they haven't heard of Las Vegas I am thinking reading a play book will be like reading Latin to them.

We need QBs with arms! Like actually have arms! Both arms preferably! No one or no armed QBs!
t rex dinosaur GIF

No more T-rex arms?

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT