ADVERTISEMENT

New Lineup

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
I am totally unimpressed with our guard play to the point that I would like to see Hamilton as our primary ball handler. Clyburn, Beck, Juiston & Diong would round out the starting lineup. I would be running a zone on defense.

Sorry but Robo isn't cutting it and I don't see that changing. Hardy is either brilliant or exasperating. Why is it so hard to get a point guard here. We used to have some of the best. Anthony, Sobers & Smith to name a few.

If Diong goes out for any reason Dembele would not be allowed to enter the game for any reason. He is a total liability both offensively and defensively so I would rather develop Jonathan or go small.
He is a 3'rd year bust, end of story.

TOTALLY agree with this post. Still can’t believe Coach Menzies keeps calling us a young team. We have THREE Senior Starters. Almost ALL teams have freshmen and sophomores sprinkled into their rosters EVERY year. He needs to realize that he is in Vegas. We NEED to run and gun. It’s who we are. It’s in our DNA. Change your philosophy coach. NO good coach needs five years to turn it around. Our crowds are duds because YOU won’t open it up. You coach BORING basketball. Make the game faster. Make it more exciting. As of now, we have NO homecourt crowd advantage.Recruit some shooters, OR go coach where sixty points a game is welcomed. End of pissed off tired of losing at home rant.....

TOTALLY agree with this post. Still can’t believe Coach Menzies keeps calling us a young team. We have THREE Senior Starters. Almost ALL teams have freshmen and sophomores sprinkled into their rosters EVERY year. He needs to realize that he is in Vegas. We NEED to run and gun. It’s who we are. It’s in our DNA. Change your philosophy coach. NO good coach needs five years to turn it around. Our crowds are duds because YOU won’t open it up. You coach BORING basketball. Make the game faster. Make it more exciting. As of now, we have NO homecourt crowd advantage.Recruit some shooters, OR go coach where sixty points a game is welcomed. End of pissed off tired of losing at home rant.....
I agree style is important.

But if we were scoring in the 60s and winning, people wouldn’t be nearly as upset. An ugly style AND losing is just disgusting.

I see too many times, our players receive a pass, are briefly open, but hesitate to shoot, ( because Menzies wants us to “work it around “ to get it to our post players?? Like Diong and Dembele are great inside scorers?? Just shoot the ball, pick up the pace, quit being uptight to shoot quickly. Menzies has us playing too tight. Make the game faster by taking the first open shot you get. Gets the crowd involved too. Ninety percent of our turnovers come from trying to post the ball. Not smart coaching. We simply need a different type coach. In my opinion....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT