ADVERTISEMENT

New JUCO QB offer 2024

We could lose 2 or even 3 of our top 3 QBs this offseason, it is very possible.

WE want/need quality QBs on the roster. We can't afford homeruns. I think both of these guys ( the JUCO and the kid from El Paso) show promise.

I trust the staff. THey haven't missed much.

We dont have to afford Homeruns, but we can surely afford talented D1 level QBs that are jumping into the portal if were trying top send our Freshman of the year packing... I just dont think that bringing in a JUCO QB is going to pan out, theres a reason they're at that level and its very rare for one to actually come out and make an impact. Unless Cam Newton is hiding in JUCO, Id rather find a P5 backup thats in the portal that fits the mold that Marion wants if were sending Maiava packing....

And yeah, on the recruiting and transfer front, the staff has made a few misses... There were players that were supposed to perform and underwhelmed, and there was some analysis to start year like DB being made starter that leaves alot to question if you want to really get into the analysis on recruiting. Not to mention recruiting a QB that wanted to be a track star and as @lobbybuu has said, his commitment to UNLV at the time chased away other prospects who have now said not thanks... Thats a miss

We dont have to afford Homeruns, but we can surely afford talented D1 level QBs that are jumping into the portal if were trying top send our Freshman of the year packing... I just dont think that bringing in a JUCO QB is going to pan out, theres a reason they're at that level and its very rare for one to actually come out and make an impact. Unless Cam Newton is hiding in JUCO, Id rather find a P5 backup thats in the portal that fits the mold that Marion wants if were sending Maiava packing....

And yeah, on the recruiting and transfer front, the staff has made a few misses... There were players that were supposed to perform and underwhelmed, and there was some analysis to start year like DB being made starter that leaves alot to question if you want to really get into the analysis on recruiting. Not to mention recruiting a QB that wanted to be a track star and as @lobbybuu has said, his commitment to UNLV at the time chased away other prospects who have now said not thanks... Thats a miss
Well considering last year's class was rated dead last in the MW, and we all saw how this year turned out, I would say that they have an eye for talent. Yes we used mostly players from previous staffs ( at least on offense), but depth was a key factor for us throughout the season, and almost all of those players were new.

So far we are number 1 for 2024. The future looks good.

Reactions: LVRebel2000

What we saw on the field may not be indicative of what happened during camp.

Everyone I've spoken to about the QB battle during Spring and Fall camp has said the exact same thing.

There was very little to choose from between all three in Spring. (Bailey was still here) They alternated good and bad plays, they alternated good and bad days. As Spring wore on Maiava and Doug started to separate from Bailey.

Fall, same thing neither QB did anything to separate themselves from the other.

I think in the end staff went with the more experienced guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT