ADVERTISEMENT

N/T: Stadium News

Bali Hai could be a good parking choice. County land under a 99 year lease to Billy Walters (which was one of the reasons it wasn't selected as the stadium site), who will be in jail for a few years. Not far from the Stadium site, a bridge over I-15 would be needed. Shuttles to the stadium. 13,000 cars spaces. If the monorail ends up going over I-15 to the stadium from MB, a ton of offsite parking comes into play. Don't know how many stations they run now and down to the airport is finally being pushed bigtime now, so we'll see I guess.

I haven't a clue. I do think of the stadium as an events center that will host UNLV and Raiders football. Wrong headed to think of it as a football stadium. Most of rhe revenue will not be football related. Davis will make a ton if promoted properly. But then again an investment of 1.3 billion from his side will take a while to recoup.

Quiz:
How many parking spots does Seattle Seahawks 67K seat Century Link Stadium have on site?
It's been a few years since i went to a Seahawks and Mariners, Not much I believe. If memory serves me right I think they share a parking structure with the Mariners which isn't very big. I got dropped off both times I went.

Random thought I just had while watching Food Network: if Guy Fieri doesn't have a concession stand/restaurant in the new stadium, I think it'll be a big miss. The dude oozes Vegas and UNLV, and I'm sure he could make a killer menu of stadium grub. Make it happen.

Random thought I just had while watching Food Network: if Guy Fieri doesn't have a concession stand/restaurant in the new stadium, I think it'll be a big miss. The dude oozes Vegas and UNLV, and I'm sure he could make a killer menu of stadium grub. Make it happen.
This ghey guy you speak of oozes douchery imo! I have been to a few of his restaurants becuase of co-workers and all were pretty much garbage!!! [sick]

Reactions: BoroKnight
This ghey guy you speak of oozes douchery imo! I have been to a few of his restaurants becuase of co-workers and all were pretty much garbage!!! [sick]
I dunno man, we must have different definitions of douche. Is he over the top, and a little cliche? Maybe. But he's always rocking UNLV garb and talking up the school. Seems like a match to me. And I'm sure he could make stadium food on point.

I totally agree- I feel like this has been a longstanding missed opportunity for signature game-day food from an alumnus.

Reactions: LasVegasReb
The person that wrote that story, Julie Peirano has 45 followers on twitter, Guy Fiero has 3.07 million followers, so it appears that nobody really cares about her opinion. It appears more likely she is writing the story trying to be controversial in attempt to get more people to follow her stories. She puts out a lot of hard hitting stories like "how to get rid of cankles", "the STD that most people don't know about", "exercising during that time of the month", and the ever popular "LA's museum of ice cream is totally sold out"

Guy just opened a place in VA and a newly renovated Waterside Marketplace in Norfolk. Was very classy from what I saw during launch week. Unfortunately I was busy moving and the couple times we were down there the line was down the sidewalk.

http://watersidedistrict.com/tenant/guy-fieris-smokehouse-market-stall/

On another note. Guy also has at the Virginia Beach Amphitheater a "Guy Fieri’s Burger Joint".

Either place would be good in the stadium.

Wow! I've never seen so much gloom & doom re: the football Rebels as I've read in this thread. Could it be a little reverse psychology? I hope so. I can understand the frustration of longtime fans, but it's looking like the admin. is finally understanding that a good football team is positive PR for a school, and is finally committing resources and effort to bring that about.

No, I'm not advocating everyone see the program thru scarlet-colored glasses. But, there's been a positive atmosphere surrounding the football Rebels these past two years, unlike the past, starting w/ the dynamic Coach Sanchez. Now, there's the Fertitta Center to be built, which will do a lot to attract top coaches and players, because that's what you need for a competitive football team.

As to the new stadium, remember that all the talk started w/ getting a new campus stadium for the Rebs, until the big money stepped in w/ bigger ideas. All I can say is for the Rebs, to attract 30K or more, they have to start winning in the MW. Only when they can finish in the top 3 consistently, can anyone even think about their going to a P5 conference.

The task for Sanchez & co. is to start winning regardless of how many are in the stands. You win, they will come!

I just went on a cruise and the best food I had all week on the boat was the Guy Fieri burger stand. No lie.

Also in that area there were tables with maps on them that he signed and wrote blurbs about.On the Southern California map he drew and arrow on I-15 to mention UNLV in giant letters. He cares about the school and he makes good burgers. Perfect for the stadium IMO.

Last edited:
300 million dollars is being set aside to cover infastructure issues directly affecting the stadium. This does not include projects that are already budgeted and scheduled by NDOT or RSHC. Examples include the Trop interchange rebuild and I-15 improvements. 800 million dollars had already been budgeted for areas around the stadium before the stadium was even an idea. This was due to increased traffic on I-15 and the Trop interchange. May include Russell Rd. as well. Some of these projects are on a schedule that will put completion dates later than the stadium opening date. Federal projects go through more hoops. Environmental impact statements are only one of them and are time consumimg, hence though the Interchange project statement is underway, the project itself most likely will be completed some time after the stadium.

The person that wrote that story, Julie Peirano has 45 followers on twitter, Guy Fiero has 3.07 million followers, so it appears that nobody really cares about her opinion. It appears more likely she is writing the story trying to be controversial in attempt to get more people to follow her stories. She puts out a lot of hard hitting stories like "how to get rid of cankles", "the STD that most people don't know about", "exercising during that time of the month", and the ever popular "LA's museum of ice cream is totally sold out"
LOL super burn.

Didn't mean to burn anyone, just to point out that he is very popular, and that he is a great representative of UNLV

Quiz:
How many parking spots does Seattle Seahawks 67K seat Century Link Stadium have on site?
10,400 total spaces. Seattle public transportation to the stadium is so good that I can't imagine parking there unless you are tailgating. That's what we need to the stadium. Don't count on that happening very much with the power of the Taxi Cab authority in the way.

10,400 total spaces. Seattle public transportation to the stadium is so good that I can't imagine parking there unless you are tailgating. That's what we need to the stadium. Don't count on that happening very much with the power of the Taxi Cab authority in the way.
There is only 3,100 on site. 10,400 refers to surrounding area.

Parking is readily available at CenturyLink Field, with spots for 3,100 automobiles onsite; 8,400 in surrounding lots and 15,000 lots downtown, most within walking distance of the stadium. Prices range from just under $10 to over $40, depending on the exact location. The least expensive option, about a 15-minute walk to the stadium, can be found in the lot at 339 Maynard Ave. S, where you'll pay less than $10 for 10 hours of parking.​

Parkopedia

Hopefully they will create specific access lanes for shuttles and buses making ingress and egress fairly rapidly.

The specter of Mike Sanford lives on! The event level will contain, among other things:
Raiders locker rooms; UNLV home locker rooms; Raiderettes locker rooms.

World Cup city host heavily being talked about today. The stadium at 65,000 can't host the final (80,000 min.), but can hold all matches leading up to the final is my understanding. Enconomic impact-- $600 million plus.

From what I understand, the stadium can be temporarily expanded to see more than 65K, but not sure how many more people.

The specter of Mike Sanford lives on! The event level will contain, among other things:
Raiders locker rooms; UNLV home locker rooms; Raiderettes locker rooms.
I'm sure the UNLV players are bummed. They would probably love to share those Raiderette locker rooms!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT