ADVERTISEMENT

MWC TITLE GAME

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
If I'm looking at the standings right the following teams are still alive to play in the title game.

UNLV
Air Force
Fresno
Boise
San Jose State

Obviously UNLV wins out they are in.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
If I'm looking at the standings right the following teams are still alive to play in the title game.

UNLV
Air Force
Fresno
Boise
San Jose State

Really strange and wonderful at the same time. Weird! UNLV for the championship in Football. Wow

UNLV
Air Force
Fresno
Boise
San Jose State

So, I can only perform so many scenarios in my head, but because we play two of these teams to finish the year and due to tiebreakers, I think the odds are high that if we drop one of two games, we won’t make the championship game.

That is unless we get some help from our MWC brethren who are out of the hunt.

Here are the remaining schedules for each team:

UNLV - @AFA, SJSU
Air Force - UNLV, @Boise
Fresno - UNM, @SDSU
Boise - @USU, AFA
San Jose State - SDSU, @ UNLV

SDSU could knock out SJSU or Fresno with wins against them.

Utah St could knock out Boise with a win there.

Could be a crazy final two weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: unlove
It's all in our hands now. Beat AFA and SJSU and we are hosting the MWC Champ game at Allegiant. It's up to us and not anyone else controls our destiny. That's all you can ask for.
I’m actually more concerned with SJSU at this point. AF is having all kinds of problems.

Reactions: reagan21
I’m actually more concerned with SJSU at this point. AF is having all kinds of problems.
I’m more concerned with AFA. Until we win. Then I’m more concerned with SJSU.

All kidding aside, I’m in agreement. AFA is sliding and SJSU is peaking. But I do think that AFA has a better ability than most to get back on track, just given the mentality of the armed forces.

Ya you can’t discount the discipline those service academies have

Air Force will be ready for us
I was at the academy the last time UNLV played there. Their defense gave us such a beating it's still hard to get out of my head.

This time I'm sitting in a different section, wearing a new UNLV ball cap and new UNLV long sleeve shirt. I'm going into this one not taking any chances of bringing in something from the past.

The fact that after 10 games, that we 1-control our own destiny (as the #1 seed no less) and 2-have a shot at 10 wins is insane considering our history. The added bonus Is that we actually have a legitimate shot at doing it too. Keep waiting for the rug to get pulled out somehow.

Reactions: LocoRebel
So, I can only perform so many scenarios in my head, but because we play two of these teams to finish the year and due to tiebreakers, I think the odds are high that if we drop one of two games, we won’t make the championship game.

That is unless we get some help from our MWC brethren who are out of the hunt.

Here are the remaining schedules for each team:

UNLV - @AFA, SJSU
Air Force - UNLV, @Boise
Fresno - UNM, @SDSU
Boise - @USU, AFA

SDSU could knock out SJSU or Fresno with wins against them.

Utah St could knock out Boise with a win there.

Could be a crazy finla two weeks.

UNLV wins out then SJSU would then be out.(Only doing scenarios where UNLV wins out 🙂.)

Air Force would be tied for 2nd and would need to beat Boise on the road.

Fresno easiest path with SDSU and UNM left. Need us to beat AF.

Boise I think would need to win out and needs Fresno to stumble again.

SJSU needs to win out and AF to lose twice (I think).

My head hurts.

Reactions: 220reb
I was at the academy the last time UNLV played there. Their defense gave us such a beating it's still hard to get out of my head.

This time I'm sitting in a different section, wearing a new UNLV ball cap and new UNLV long sleeve shirt. I'm going into this one not taking any chances of bringing in something from the past.
Did you go to the Ice Bowl game? Dudes were dropping left and right just from hitting the frozen field. Seemed rather dangerous tbh.

AFA and UNLV both control their own destiny. The loser of that on Saturday will likely fall into a 4-way tie for second. I’d like to see UNM, USU, SDSU win but I don’t see it happening.

I think this thing is going to be a huge mess going into the last weekend. UNLV needs to win out because I don’t think the computer rankings like us at all.

Boise just fired its coach apparently... that's an interesting move that creates a huge ? On if they'll continue competing out remainder of schedule or if players start looking at new homes

It seems like odd timing initially. But this is actually an AD saying I want this guy gone and not wanting to risk the optics of firing a guy that (potentially) goes 7-5 and goes to conference title game and wins a bowl game.

I think any bigger job that opens his names going to pop up.

Holy crap that Jimbo buyout though.

A&M has deep pockets, but man...I wonder how big they can go..
Big... lol
Imagine getting 77 million to leave and he'll probably go to another P5 opening... that's why I'm not terribly concerned with Odom this year jumping ship... he'll be really selective at the opening and there will be bigger names at the ready for these larger jobs

Did you go to the Ice Bowl game? Dudes were dropping left and right just from hitting the frozen field. Seemed rather dangerous tbh.
I did not. A few years ago the NHL was holding a game outdoors at Falcon Stadium but the weather was so bad people couldn't make the drive to the arena. They were parking along the highway and walking in. We are damn lucky it's going to be 59 degrees at game time this coming Saturday and no snow in the forecast per Weather.com.

Reactions: InZoneU
I believe the last time we won at AFA, was an ice bowl type of game on a Thursday night. That night Cornett carried us for over 220 yard and 4 scores, I was there and never complained about the weather because the game was too good. We owned the clock and time of possession was in our favor all night.

I don’t know what the weather will be like in the Springs this weekend but maybe we can do that “own the time of possession” thingy again with the clock this Saturday!

I believe the last time we won at AFA, was an ice bowl type of game on a Thursday night. That night Cornett carried us for over 220 yard and 4 scores, I was there and never complained about the weather because the game was too good. We owned the clock and time of possession was in our favor all night.

I don’t know what the weather will be like in the Springs this weekend but maybe we can do that “own the time of possession” thingy again with the clock this Saturday!
Oh you went to that? JFC man I believe it was like -20 outside. And its honestly one of our best program wins, helped us to the bowl game that year.

UNLV
Air Force
Fresno
Boise
San Jose State

Looking at schedules I think it will be us and Fresno. FSU and BSU will end tied for second but Fresno has the tie breaker. So a rematch this time on our field.

UNLV - @AFA, SJSU
Air Force - UNLV, @Boise
Fresno - UNM, @SDSU
Boise - @USU, AFA
If UNLV lost out, is there a scenario where they could still get into MWC title game? Would need Air Force to lost to Boise, Boise to lose to USU, and SDSU to beat Fresno and SJSU.

I think that exact scenario would still put UNLV vs AFA if it played out. But any other scenario would leave a team ahead of UNLV for 2nd (with AFA first).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT