ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain West Expansion

jmcnamaraiii

National Player of the Year
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2014
So with San Diego st. most likely going to the PAC who will be added?

Not great options. They missed the boat with UTSA, north texas and rice.

Maybe top MW teams go to american and they have a west and east divisions.

Would almost guarantee the 6th best conference and auto bid to college football playoff.

Reactions: rebel5280
My bets on UTEP

NM st a no with everything going on and NM won’t want them in.

St. Mary olympic sports only and Montana, Montana St. North Dakota st. and South Dakota st. Football only. This would never happen but would be interesting

My bets on UTEP

NM st a no with everything going on and NM won’t want them in.

St. Mary olympic sports only and Montana, Montana St. North Dakota st. and South Dakota st. Football only. This would never happen but would be interesting
These are good programs, if they were brought in, we would lose to both of these schools from day one! Lol

I think we all agree on upgrading conference.

Will come down to winning and a academics at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: rebel5280
I think we all agree on upgrading conference.

Will come down to winning and a academics at this point.
We have done EVERYTHING except win. I’ve hung out a bit on campus. We have great facilities.

We need to fly in the Comish of the Pac whatever..

The time is NOW!!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
A 5-7 record shows that UNLV is going in the right direction, but we now need the conferences to delay picking teams until the new season starts, and we need UNLV to immediately win games and show what the team is capable of doing in the near future. It doesn't hurt that George Kliavkoff, who is the PAC commissioner, has ties to Las Vegas, which should at least give a far chance for UNLV to be considered. As for the Big 12, I think whomever make the first move between the Pac and Big will end up in the better position with the second tier teams most likely being picked up by the conference left in the dust. SDSU is obviously the team in the drivers seat, with another half dozen to a dozen teams fighting it out over whatever spots are left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT