ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Michigan

At some point we're going to have to give that LT some help. He's getting beat like a drum. Dougie is going to get killed over there.

I don’t think we should play these kind of games, we are no where near where App State was as a team yet, these games need to be avoided. We should play the Georgia Tech’s and Illinois of the world, maybe a Missouri but never a “meat” game like this!

I sort of hate this drop 8 soft zone against an accurate QB. We're definitely going with a lot of cover 3 trying to prevent the home run, but eventually you're going to have to gamble a little on D if you're serious about trying to win.

Reactions: j. spilotro
I'm also watching that Will LB a lot, and he's consistently getting WAY deep. On that cross TD he was 3 yards deep in the end zone. Not deep enough to turn that into a tampa 2 look, too deep to be a classic cover 3.

We should have hired Deion Sanders instead!!!
Say what you want about Prime but I know this Boulder was a ghost town this time last year, now Fox has had them twice and ESPN Gameday will be here next Saturday. Folsom was fun today, that ain’t happening with anyone else. But Prime in Vegas would have at least put us on the map but it would have had to happen prior to Jackson State.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Sorry the 1.5 Million we are getting for this is not worth it to me. If we were playing any other team in the B1G Ten Besides Michigan or Ohio State we would be competitive. I hope we slow down on scheduling teams like this in the future.

Say what you want about Prime but I know this Boulder was a ghost town this time last year, now Fox has had them twice and ESPN Gameday will be here next Saturday. Folsom was fun today, that ain’t happening with anyone else. But Prime in Vegas would have at least put us on the map but it would have had to happen prior to Jackson State.
UNLV tried man. He chose Colorado. End of story.

Sorry the 1.5 Million we are getting for this is not worth it to me. If we were playing any other team in the B1G Ten Besides Michigan or Ohio State we would be competitive. I hope we slow down on scheduling teams like this in the future.
I get where you're coming from. Getting a national televised CBS game is probably worth it to me for the program.

I mean, from their coach all the way down to their PWA's are leagues ahead and knew this coming in, did you really expect anything different? This is one of the better Michigan teams in recent memory. They are on another planet tbf.

Matter of hours ago this entire board was simply wanting to not end up in the hospital and put a few points up lol.

Reactions: dcut03 and Couev
I'm ready for Maiava to get reps here... call it saving Doug for the rest of season or seeing what Maiava has...
I wouldn't hate that decision, played a half to have a look at the level. Lets get everyone some looks imho.

I wouldn't hate that decision, played a half to have a look at the level. Lets get everyone some looks imho.
I mean, unless they're going to open Doug up and let him throw, why not let Maiava play rest of game... Doug isn't really moving offense and Marion so far is more Sanchez than Go-Go...

Reactions: XFactorRebel
That had to be someone screwing up that triple option look. How do you pull the ball out on the HB dive and then just dive yourself into the same gap that's now clogged.

I never felt like DougieB could make option reads properly in his career here, and the GoGo NEEDS you to make quick, correct calls on the option game based on keys. That's 7 or 8 times he's made the wrong call today. Plus, tripping the HB on the power on 3rd down to break down like you're pretending to block should be a - play too.

Reactions: lobbybuu
I understand we don't have the athletes compete. However the play calling today is little to be desired.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT