ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Allen

TimothyC3

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
There hasn't been much talk about the NCST transfer running back Michael Allen. Coming out of high school Allen was 4 star and ranked the 20th running back in the country. He also ran track and posted a laser timed 4.48 40 in high school. He is strong at 5'11" and 215lbs and there was no reported injuries at NCST. What really piqued my interest was the fact that many of the NCST fans felt Allen was the best rb on the roster and should have have started as the featured back. Instead, the coach went with rotating the running backs and started a senior. Also, Allen has good hands out of the back field. I am really intrigued with Allen and what he potentially adds to the offense. He is explosive. Some film from his sophomore year:

Our RB's last season were better at yards after contact then I remember from previous years. We got an extra yard or two by falling forward after contact, not coming to a complete stop.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
There hasn't been much talk about the NCST transfer running back Michael Allen. Coming out of high school Allen was 4 star and ranked the 20th running back in the country. He also ran track and posted a laser timed 4.48 40 in high school. He is strong at 5'11" and 215lbs and there was no reported injuries at NCST. What really piqued my interest was the fact that many of the NCST fans felt Allen was the best rb on the roster and should have have started as the featured back. Instead, the coach went with rotating the running backs and started a senior. Also, Allen has good hands out of the back field. I am really intrigued with Allen and what he potentially adds to the offense. He is explosive. Some film from his sophomore year:

The reason why there hasnt been much talk about Michael Allen is because he hasnt really stood out. There is also less info coming out because certain people taking a break from social media. We like Allen though and he has been stepping up since fall camp began. We believe he will make a big impact alongside Jet.

Greg will have a better freshman season than Jet in our opinion. Jet's touchdown numbers are inflated because of one game.
For that reason, I don't see Jet as RB1. I could be totally wrong, but I just don't see it.

I will say that if we have another player as RB1 and Jet is 'only' RB2, we have a very good RB group. Maybe the best group in the MWC, depending on the RB's for Boise outside of Jeanty.

The reason why there hasnt been much talk about Michael Allen is because he hasnt really stood out. There is also less info coming out because certain people taking a break from social media. We like Allen though and he has been stepping up since fall camp began. We believe he will make a big impact alongside Jet.
yeah, where are our insiders? What happened to lobbyu and coach, I mean @AA Insider ?

For that reason, I don't see Jet as RB1. I could be totally wrong, but I just don't see it.

I will say that if we have another player as RB1 and Jet is 'only' RB2, we have a very good RB group. Maybe the best group in the MWC, depending on the RB's for Boise outside of Jeanty.
BSU will lose a little but not much when SO Jambres "Breezy" Dubar or FR Sire Gaines spells Jeanty. Yards after contact is what makes Jeanty so special.

Reactions: bcvegaspt2
BSU will lose a little but not much when SO Jambres "Breezy" Dubar or FR Sire Gaines spells Jeanty. Yards after contact is what makes Jeanty so special.
You going to witness a game plan Coach O and Scherer devised a defensive plan against Jeanty specifically. I saw it with the recruits he amassed.

You going to witness a game plan Coach O and Scherer devised a defensive plan against Jeanty specifically. I saw it with the recruits he amassed.
Theyll get a good chance to test it out vs Kansas with Neal and Highshaw... Both were preseason Doak Walker award lists as well...

Reactions: 1Tripoda
Dubar and Sire are serious. Very good backs.
Maybe we are second best in the MWC, then. We are definitely carving out a good overall offense.
Defense, last year being around 88th overall, needs to really improve in a big way. Loyalty is one thing, but Odom hit HR's with Marion and ST Coach, not so much with DC.

Maybe we are second best in the MWC, then. We are definitely carving out a good overall offense.
Defense, last year being around 88th overall, needs to really improve in a big way. Loyalty is one thing, but Odom hit HR's with Marion and ST Coach, not so much with DC.
Many of the defensive transfers that UNLV has coming in should be game changers. Looking at what Woodard did coming in off the bench at Arkansas says a lot about major school transfers and the potential that gets locked deep into the bench. Most of the transfers are coming from major programs and should be a major upgrade from a defense that struggled against the pass on the big plays.

Kodi Decambra - Oregon CB (86.26/89.25) - out of Bishop Gorman

Jarvis Ware - UCF CB (82.50/81.96) - 3 years playing at Missouri, 2 years at UCF

Mani Powell - Arkansas LB ( /86.92)

Tony Grimes - Texas A&M CB (88.03/97.64) - started 3 years at North Carolina , sat out at Texas A&M

LaDarrius Bishop - Arkansas CB (83.50/87.13) played 5 years at Arkansas in almost all games

Jaden Navarrette - Oregon LB (84.50/89.77)

Antonio Doyle - Jackson State Edge (86.00/94.19) transfer from Texas A&M to JS played 11 games fifth in tackles.

Malik Chavis - Arkansas CB (83.00/85.57) Played 5 years at Arkansas playing in most of the games as backup

Jalen Catalon - Texas S (88.47/90.62) 4 years at Arkansas 1 at Texas Played a lot in 2020-2021 for Arkansas played some at Texas in 2023

Jeremiah Vessel New Mexico State CB (83.50/82.65) Played in about half of the games as a freshman

Many of the defensive transfers that UNLV has coming in should be game changers. Looking at what Woodard did coming in off the bench at Arkansas says a lot about major school transfers and the potential that gets locked deep into the bench. Most of the transfers are coming from major programs and should be a major upgrade from a defense that struggled against the pass on the big plays.

Jarvis Ware - UCF CB (82.50/81.96) - 3 years playing at Missouri, 2 years at UCF

Tony Grimes - Texas A&M CB (88.03/97.64) - started 3 years at North Carolina , sat out at Texas A&M

LaDarrius Bishop - Arkansas CB (83.50/87.13) played 5 years at Arkansas in almost all games

Antonio Doyle - Jackson State Edge (86.00/94.19) transfer from Texas A&M to JS played 11 games fifth in tackles.

Malik Chavis - Arkansas CB (83.00/85.57) Played 5 years at Arkansas playing in most of the games as backup

Jalen Catalon - Texas S (88.47/90.62) 4 years at Arkansas 1 at Texas Played a lot in 2020-2021 for Arkansas played some at Texas in 2023

Jeremiah Vessel New Mexico State CB (83.50/82.65) Played in about half of the games as a freshman
Exactly. These guys have gone against some of the best players in the country. The MW is certainly a step down in competition from the SEC. Hopefully these new guys can have as big of an impact as Woodard. That would be amazing!

Being a UNLV Football and Basketball fan for so long, it's getting hard for me to wrap my head around players coming in with hype and then them living up to it. I hope you're right. I'd love to see the improvement on that side of the ball. It's desperately needed!

Neither of these guys is on the fall roster, are not following or being followed by the program twitter so I think you can write them off at this point.
Yep, they’re both gone.

Still a lot of incoming talent, especially in the defensive backfield. This includes depth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT