ADVERTISEMENT

Max is terrible

ricovegas

UNLV Hall of Fame
Feb 18, 2008
Sunny Southern California, Newport Beach
I will say this we are 0-4 since AR went out all those that wanted Max now may understand how lousy he is. Guaranteed he never leads another UNLV team once Oblad can see action without losing a year of eligibility he's a below average back up. 3 picks you guys were all excited his numbers coming out of Saddleback JC 10 td- 7 int nothings changed crap fest.

“On the first interception, they had run that play a couple times and it really wasn’t my personal assignment. It was just me reacting to try and make a play and the quarterback overthrew and I made the play.” Monroe said. “On the second one, it was the right defensive call by Coach (defensive coordinator Derrick) Odum and the quarterback was late and it gave me a chance to break on it.”

Just horrible to average at best! Can't win without a qb huge difference between the two.

Well only 4 game left now. We can let Oblad go out there now next week vs the #1 defense in the conference. I hope his season doesn’t end after 1 game. I really don’t see a reason to throw him out there right now. Season is over no reason to ruin a freshman’s confidence on this one.

I will say this we are 0-4 since AR went out all those that wanted Max now may understand how lousy he is. Guaranteed he never leads another UNLV team once Oblad can see action without losing a year of eligibility he's a below average back up. 3 picks you guys were all excited his numbers coming out of Saddleback JC 10 td- 7 int nothings changed crap fest.

“On the first interception, they had run that play a couple times and it really wasn’t my personal assignment. It was just me reacting to try and make a play and the quarterback overthrew and I made the play.” Monroe said. “On the second one, it was the right defensive call by Coach (defensive coordinator Derrick) Odum and the quarterback was late and it gave me a chance to break on it.”

Just horrible to average at best! Can't win without a qb huge difference between the two.

Hs's not that bad. He isn't the one giving up 50 pts a game.

UNLV has put up 28, 35 and 37 in starts by Gilliam.
Defense has given up 59, 41 and 50 points on defense.
The team scored more than 21 points vs Praire View and UTEP prior to that. The other 3 games were 21, 20 and 14.
Gilliam is an inexperienced player as a first year starter but he has a 55% completion ratio 1021 passing yards 12 tds and 6 int.

Hard to understand knocking Gilliam

UNLV has put up 28, 35 and 37 in starts by Gilliam.
Defense has given up 59, 41 and 50 points on defense.
The team scored more than 21 points vs Praire View and UTEP prior to that. The other 3 games were 21, 20 and 14.
Gilliam is an inexperienced player as a first year starter but he has a 55% completion ratio 1021 passing yards 12 tds and 6 int.

Hard to understand knocking Gilliam
Will I thought you understood football. You are not watching the games more than once. The majority of his work comes in garbage time minutes. He is completing pass routes at 55% that should be a minimum 63% he had a couple of blown coverages he capitalized on but he is not anywhere near AR stature.
He has happy feet, stares down receivers, not an accurate passer past 20 yards, has turnovers. Not a threat with his feet, anything other than a slant or quick out is crap shoot. He will not be a qb you invest in other than back up.

Will I thought you understood football. You are not watching the games more than once. The majority of his work comes in garbage time minutes. He is completing pass routes at 55% that should be a minimum 63% he had a couple of blown coverages he capitalized on but he is not anywhere near AR stature.
He has happy feet, stares down receivers, not an accurate passer past 20 yards, has turnovers. Not a threat with his feet, anything other than a slant or quick out is crap shoot. He will not be a qb you invest in other than back up.

Everything you mentioned are things that aren't unexpected of a first year inexperienced starter that has never played at the FBS level.
The fact is that he is also managing an offense averaging 33.3 points per game.

Well at least 7 points were his fault due to the pick six...just saying.

Also that 14 point game was against UNM, which was Max's first start

Doesn’t matter if AR played in those games or not. Same outcome.

Boys. I love my school but have no patients for this level play. This is an imbarisment. I feel so bad for the team and school. I have other interests to invest my energies in.

He's definitely improved over the past few games, but his complete inability to even remotely accurately throw the ball in the air more than 10 yards will keep the win total exactly where it's at until Armani comes back.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Doesn’t matter if AR played in those games or not. Same outcome.
Disagree he's the qb my god you had the number 7 leading rusher in the country. Stand next to him go to a game in person his size is no joke. Max has played against the bottom feeders of our division and has played terrible. I tape all the games and watch them like I use to break down tape in the old days. No audio just examine his play take the emotion out. Not very good I know he's trying but everybody was complaining about AR 4 picks and completing% begging for a change, well you got it. Defense stinks but our offense could keep up hold possession while the UNLV offensive stats look decent but it's all in garbage time Utah State, New Mexico Air Force and SJSU all garbage minutes games outcome were already determined.

Everything you mentioned are things that aren't unexpected of a first year inexperienced starter that has never played at the FBS level.
The fact is that he is also managing an offense averaging 33.3 points per game.
Will you're being very kind to Max. Again I bleed for UNLV but Max was not the answer for all those that were bashing AR. The most popular guy on the team the back up qb, right. Usually fans are not ex players, scouts, etc. You always came across to me as a scout minded individual able to see talent.
So I'll state again Max is ill equipped to be a D1 qb at this juncture and has played very poorly.
1. Couldn't break through at Cal transfers
2. Saddleback JC (I live 20 minutes from known the program since the 80') his numbers there were pedestrian I can throw 10td -7int
3. New Mexico,SJSU, bottom feeders his numbers didn't come on until the games were already decided. Utah State same thing just horrible. AF a little better.
4. Slants, crossing routes, bubble screens, that's it and he even takes chances on throwing some well guarded screens but throws them into coverage.
5. On 4th downs he has one read that he locks in on throws into traffic.
6. I see a hitch in his throwing motion he's not accurate
Just very frustrating the drop off between AR and him and you guys actually think there output is the same I'm just stunned. I thought you could see he is overmatched.
7. And his turnovers are leading to direct points and putting games that are still competitive out of reach

Last edited:
The only drop off between Max and AR is the running. AR can't even hit the broadside of a barn.

The only drop off between Max and AR is the running. AR can't even hit the broadside of a barn.
True but that's a massive drop off. AR is a true weapon in the running game and he makes the other backs better because of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT