ADVERTISEMENT

Matchup Predictor

The ESPN Matchup Predictor show us as favorites in 4 of our last 6 games. Does this sound about right? I would be be overjoyed with 9 wins and a bowl game.

4-2 sounds good to me the rest of the way. Is there a link to the Predictor? I'm trying to figure out who we are favored of these 3 games vs AF, FSU or Wyoming.

Last edited:
The ESPN Matchup Predictor show us as favorites in 4 of our last 6 games. Does this sound about right? I would be be overjoyed with 9 wins and a bowl game.
TBH, I'd be "happy" with 3-3. At least satisfied. We'd be well bowling. Of course, it does sort of depend on how they unfold, there's more to it than a final score.

9 is A LOT of wins. At this point 7-8 wins sounds more reasonable. I have concerns with our pass defense but if our offense keeps up at this pace we might be able to out score everybody.

But yes 9 wins going into a bowl with a chance at 10 wins would be an unbelievable season. I didn’t think I’d ever see a double digit win season at UNLV.

9 is A LOT of wins. At this point 7-8 wins sounds more reasonable. I have concerns with our pass defense but if our offense keeps up at this pace we might be able to out score everybody.

But yes 9 wins going into a bowl with a chance at 10 wins would be an unbelievable season. I didn’t think I’d ever see a double digit win season at UNLV.

I totally get concerns about pass defense.

One positive is UNLV is top 50 (30 in a few of these stats)

3rd down defense, sacks, TFL.

They have definitely been susceptible to the deep ball.

They've mitigated some of that by creating a lot of negative plays and getting teams off the field on third down.

Reactions: RebNReno

Would love to see 4-2, I think 3-3 is more likely. And within that 3-3 we'll drop one that has us scratching our heads how did we lose to them and win one that has us thinking wow nice win didn't see that coming.

I totally get concerns about pass defense.

One positive is UNLV is top 50 (30 in a few of these stats)

3rd down defense, sacks, TFL.

They have definitely been susceptible to the deep ball.

They've mitigated some of that by creating a lot of negative plays and getting teams off the field on third down.
Yes, overall I’ve been pretty happy with the defense. A lot of good stats there. It just seems like the pass D is a weak spot and will possibly cost us at some point.

Even though the coverage has had some holes. I have been very pleased with their ability to create turnovers. Much better than past Rebel Defenses.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
4-2 sound good to me the rest of the way. Is there a link to the Predictor? I'm trying to figure out who we are favored of these 3 games vs AF, FSU or Wyoming.
When I looked early A.M this morning we were a favorite against CSU, NM, SJSU and FSU. Now it's showing FSU as a prohibitive favorite against us. S0....... now it's showing 3-3.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Yes, overall I’ve been pretty happy with the defense. A lot of good stats there. It just seems like the pass D is a weak spot and will possibly cost us at some point.

Even though the coverage has had some holes. I have been very pleased with their ability to create turnovers. Much better than past Rebel Defenses.

Part of it is scheme.

Rebs go single high safety a lot and leave CBs on an island.

Like anything else it has some huge benefits but also some potential holes that can be exploited.

Pros it brings an extra guy closer to line of scrimmage to help vs run, makes QBs reads tougher on intermediate stuff, we don't get gouged as badly on bubble screens like years past, adds another potential defender the QB/OL have to account for in pass protection. Cons are if the rush doesn't get there and QB has time CBs don't have a lot of help, or if single high safety is late in his read and getting over to help.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
IMO unm and sjsu are games UNLV should win. CSU a toss up with a slight UNLV edge, FSU a toss up with a FSU edge then Wyoming and AF games i expect UNLV to lose. A 2-4 finish leaves with 7 wins which is more than I expected at the beginning of the season. If we finish 3-3 with 8 wins I would consider it a very good year and Odom coach of the year.
For now interested to see how we perform against CSU and hopefully we don't have a breakdown like BSu.

Reactions: rebel5280
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT