ADVERTISEMENT

Maiava in portal...

Any word on what Arch Manning is going to do? Not that UNLV has a shot, but just wondering what his thought process is if Ewers returns. I would think that those NIL dollars would drop significantly for him if he's going to be the back up at UT again next year. Though I have not idea what the terms of his agreement were.
If Arch comes here you heard it from me first! Haha

There are some good options available. I’m not that upset.

It’s a damn shame that these kids get pulled by their family and hustlers looking to make a dollar. This is a dirty business.
The lack of rules and structure is wild. Maiava can have fun at Miami or one of these other desperate schools and realize he isn’t nearly as good as he thinks he is.

I really hope White and Jet are staying (I believe they will), but these days you never know until the last day. When you look at the three players, including the QB, I would feel both of them are harder to replace than Mailava. With the WR and RB talent that UNLV either still has, or from the transfer portal, I believe there are a lot of good QB's that wouldn't force the ball as much as Mailava did. During the last 3 games of the year it became obvious he wasn't at the level needed in order to win the big games. While I expect he would continue to improve, I am not sure how long it would take to improve his QB IQ?

I really hope White and Jet are staying (I believe they will), but these days you never know until the last day. When you look at the three players, including the QB, I would feel both of them are harder to replace than Mailava. With the WR and RB talent that UNLV either still has, or from the transfer portal, I believe there are a lot of good QB's that wouldn't force the ball as much as Mailava did. During the last 3 games of the year it became obvious he wasn't at the level needed in order to win the big games. While I expect he would continue to improve, I am not sure how long it would take to improve his QB IQ?
White is our best player and it really isn’t even close. Dude made Maiava look better than he really is.

I think today is the last day for this portal transfer window.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I was more worried about the league than Portal for Ricky.

The first half of the Kansas game I agree but the second half he played a lot better and made me feel better about him in that despite a crap first half he could forget it and come out and play well.

No problem if a player/coach wants to leave. It's how they handle it. JM handled this one very poor. I also wouldn't be shocked if Marion goes the same way. There will be opportunities out there for him for awhile as like when we signed him up late last year.

No problem if a player/coach wants to leave. It's how they handle it. JM handled this one very poor. I also wouldn't be shocked if Marion goes the same way. There will be opportunities out there for him for awhile as like when we signed him up late last year.
Several people are in the crowd that the UF/Marion smoke is real and that he will dip soon.

Several people are in the crowd that the UF/Marion smoke is real and that he will dip soon.
Dude needs to figure out commitment and it's definition. Heading to UF would be a disaster for him, especially given the late nature of the hire. And Napier is a bit of an Offensive control freak given his running of things the last 2 years. Can't see why other than being around 5 star talent and $$ that it would be better career wise for Marion than turning UNLV offense into juggernaut

Dude needs to figure out commitment and it's definition. Heading to UF would be a disaster for him, especially given the late nature of the hire. And Napier is a bit of an Offensive control freak given his running of things the last 2 years. Can't see why other than being around 5 star talent and $$ that it would be better career wise for Marion than turning UNLV offense into juggernaut
I would think that Marion would not like being an OC for an offensive minded coach, or really any type of micromanager. He seemed to be upset with the amount of input he had in the offense at Pitt and Texas, having to relinquish control anywhere could be a problem.
The GoGo isn't that crazy of an offense, but it can be a little out there. I can see some conflicts out there.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

But it would stink if we lost JM somewhat due to Marion, then lose Marion. It's like getting kicked in the the nuts twice, with the L one getting it the first time, and the R the second time.

• Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt
I would think that Marion would not like being an OC for an offensive minded coach, or really any type of micromanager. He seemed to be upset with the amount of input he had in the offense at Pitt and Texas, having to relinquish control anywhere could be a problem.
The GoGo isn't that crazy of an offense, but it can be a little out there. I can see some conflicts out there.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

But it would stink if we lost JM somewhat due to Marion, then lose Marion. It's like getting kicked in the the nuts twice, with the L one getting it the first time, and the R the second time.
That’s my biggest fear. Lose our QB. Lose our OC, then lose the portal QBs coming with the departing OC. We need as much stability as possible to string together two strong seasons.

That’s my biggest fear. Lose our QB. Lose our OC, then lose the portal QBs coming with the departing OC. We need as much stability as possible to string together two strong seasons.
I'd keep my eye on what Jet does up until 12p tonite. That will likely tell you what Marion is planning to do.

Ok so….everyone chips in some money and at the end of the month we put $10k on red and let it ride until we have enough to legally purchase Arch Manning or something like him

Ok so….everyone chips in some money and at the end of the month we put $10k on red and let it ride until we have enough to legally purchase Arch Manning or something like him
I thought the best was betting on UNLV in gimme games to disappoint... like we will likely be favored at home a couple of times so can we roll that cash on those basketball games to fill the coffers?

I’d take De Laura in a heart beat. I double as a coug fan and I thought he had so much potential after his freshman season. Granted, he was a bonehead… got a DUI, transferred, then acted like a little sissy in the presser before UA played WAZZU saying it was “personal” like it wasn’t his fault his career in Pullman went down the drain. Needless to say, he’s a step up from Maiava, can run and has a cannon… but will throw some picks.

UNLV is a stepping stone. I hate it but it seems to be true.
Every school outside of the top 10 is a stepping stone in the new college football world. How many schools can compete with Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan who have almost unlimited budgets? Imagine how USC and UCLA will do competing in the Big 10 when those school have two to three times as many fans attend games.

Every school outside of the top 10 is a stepping stone in the new college football world. How many schools can compete with Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan who have almost unlimited budgets? Imagine how USC and UCLA will do competing in the Big 10 when those school have two to three times as many fans attend games.
Yes but most programs can pull portal talent from similar programs or from lesser programs. UNLV is on the low end so talent flows away from us. Like our QB.

Florida is ready to can Sunbelt Billy, I don’t see anything long term there and Napier is going to have problems with Marion, as someone else said he likes to have his input on offense.

It doesn’t make sense at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT