ADVERTISEMENT

Line'um up Hawaii

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
For those that still care....

Home team usually has the advantage in this one....

Hawaii's defense is bad. It should help to keep the Rebels in the game...

I'm not sure UNLV will be able to keep pace though..

42-27 Hawaii...

Our only Div 1 win was against a team ranked lower(bottom 10) than us and one of our losses is against bottom 10. All 3 of us in bottom 10. NOT GOOD COMPANY. Hawaii 56 UNLV 10.

UNLV 38 Hawaii 35.

Could happen...

Oblad has to get off to a good start. Cannot go two or three series to start game without points. That happens, UNLV could get run out of the building. Hawaii isn't built to get conservative and eat clock with a lead. They'll keep chucking the ball.

UNLV could win this one...I'm just not sure Rebs can get enough stops...

I'm salty.

I think everybody is at this point...

It's not fun to be in this spot year after year.

Right now outside of Reno it's meaningless games for a lot of fans.

All you're left with is just a lot of speculation and playing seven degrees of Kevin Bacon trying to connect coaches to jobs...

Fans start to divide into camps..I want this guy or that guy.

Personally, there are coaches I would like to see considered, but every coach starts with a clean slate with me.

Jom Mora? Cool..Let's see what kind of staff he can put together.

Brady Hoke? Cool, he's won in the conference before.

Jay Hill? Like what he's done at Weber State.

A coordinator like Danny Gonzales..Sweet let's see if he can implement that 3-3-5 defense here.

To be perfectly honest I would have loved to see year 6 of Sanchez in the new facility, but results don't warrant it in my opinion..

Last edited:
Reactions: RebelinWA
Out of our seven losses we were in one game going into the 4th quarter and that was it. Against some really subpar teams.

Out of our seven losses we were in one game going into the 4th quarter and that was it. Against some really subpar teams.

Buddy, you're preaching to the choir...

Not sure about you, but when watching the games, you can almost feel the exact moment the game is going to shift or has shifted.

Rebels score to cut lead to 14...Give up 3 play scoring drive and back down 21. Game over.

Wyoming QB scrambles for a 1st down on 3rd and 14...You can just feel the implosion coming.

Oblad throws a pick and Fresno scores immediately making it a two score game..You know it's over.

When things go bad for this team they just snowball...

I think everybody is at this point...

It's not fun to be in this spot year after year.

Right now outside of Reno it's meaningless games for a lot of fans.

All you're left with is just a lot of speculation and playing seven degrees of Kevin Bacon trying to connect coaches to jobs...

Fans start to divide into camps..I want this guy or that guy.

Personally, there are coaches I would like to see considered, but every coach starts with a clean slate with me.

Jom Mora? Cool..Let's see what kind of staff he can put together.

Brady Hoke? Cool, he's won in the conference before.

Jay Hill? Like what he's done at Weber State.

A coordinator like Danny Gonzales..Sweet let's see if he can implement that 3-3-5 defense here.

To be perfectly honest I would have loved to see year 6 of Sanchez in the new facility, but results don't warrant it in my opinion..
Sanchez has reached his peak as a head coach.

Buddy, you're preaching to the choir...

Not sure about you, but when watching the games, you can almost feel the exact moment the game is going to shift or has shifted.

Rebels score to cut lead to 14...Give up 3 play scoring drive and back down 21. Game over.

Wyoming QB scrambles for a 1st down on 3rd and 14...You can just feel the implosion coming.

Oblad throws a pick and Fresno scores immediately making it a two score game..You know it's over.

When things go bad for this team they just snowball...
It's a combination of discipline,execution ,talent, play calling and coaching. Hence the blowouts.

UNLV will be eaten alive on the deep ball

UNLV 27
Hawaii 59

I’ve got this crazy feeling like this game follows the path of our Wyoming game a couple years ago in Vegas.

I’m gonna say the Rebels pull it out in 2OT:

UH 49 - 52 UNLV

The Rebels are -6.5 Dogs which means we will lose by at least double that Unfortunately!

Rainbow Warriors 52 UNLV 21

Last edited:
If UNLV only scores 10 points on that defense then I would take back saying I don't support in season firings..
Change your mind !? I know it's not a good thing to do but what are you going to do drive more fans away?

Change your mind !? I know it's not a good thing to do but what are you going to do drive more fans away?

It was a sarcastic post.

I'm against in season firings in general. You don't gain anything.

He needs to go...

I thought he needed to go last year.

I think the team would have been in a better position if Bobby Hauck was still there. Look what him and Dalton Sneed are doing up in Montana. I was in Missoula this summer and anytime I asked anyone there what they thought of Hauck, they all said they love him. I bet no one in Vegas would say that about Sanchez and be sincere about it. The man should have never gotten the job. He is a glorified high school coach at best. The reason he was successful at Bishop Gorman is because he could recruit players from all over, which gave him an unfair advantage over the other schools. Now that Sanchez is on a level field with other schools when it comes to recruiting, his ability to find talent has shown itself.

Reactions: UNLV Rebel1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT