ADVERTISEMENT

Line'um Up Colorado State

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
This board has died a slow death with each passing week...

Hard to keep interest when a season gets to this point.

Still four games to go.

Bowl eligibility hasn't been mathematically eliminated. (I know...I know..)

CSU opened as high as a 10 point favorite.

Down to 8.5

Rebs played pretty well vs SDSU. Overcame a lot of early mistakes. Gave themselves a chance to win.

CSU despite a 3 - 5 record isn't a pushover. They are coming off a road win vs Fresno this past weekend. They have a pretty potent offense, that has been able to put points on the board. In 8 games they have only been held under 30 points 2x. (10 by SDSU and 24 to CU). At 3 - 5 Rams are on the outside looking in, but the Fresno win kept their slight bowl hopes alive.

Rams struggle on defense. They are the polar opposite of SDSU.

Fort Collins has been a tough place for UNLV in the past.

This game could actually end up being a shootout.

Rams offense could be tough to stop but their inability to stop anybody keeps Rebs in the game.

Would love to see UNLV pull this one off but...

CSU 35
UNLV 24

Rams pull away late..

Rams score 45 and cover easily.

Maybe we score 24, 28 but we’ll get handled.

Desiree will find some leftover paper with the UNLV logo (the new logo, just to piss everyone off) and start drafting a letter now but make sure the date on it reads for November after our last game (1 or 2 days after so it seems like she didn’t rush to the decision).

Sanchez will then move his office to Drai’s to take advantage of the UNLV Coaching discounts and do his future game preps there.

Reactions: reagan21
This board has died a slow death with each passing week...

Hard to keep interest when a season gets to this point.

Still four games to go.

Bowl eligibility hasn't been mathematically eliminated. (I know...I know..)

CSU opened as high as a 10 point favorite.

Down to 8.5

Rebs played pretty well vs SDSU. Overcame a lot of early mistakes. Gave themselves a chance to win.

CSU despite a 3 - 5 record isn't a pushover. They are coming off a road win vs Fresno this past weekend. They have a pretty potent offense, that has been able to put points on the board. In 8 games they have only been held under 30 points 2x. (10 by SDSU and 24 to CU). At 3 - 5 Rams are on the outside looking in, but the Fresno win kept their slight bowl hopes alive.

Rams struggle on defense. They are the polar opposite of SDSU.

Fort Collins has been a tough place for UNLV in the past.

This game could actually end up being a shootout.

Rams offense could be tough to stop but their inability to stop anybody keeps Rebs in the game.

Would love to see UNLV pull this one off but...

CSU 35
UNLV 24

Rams pull away late..
49-24

I already gave up guessing on the final score. In the game against SDSU, UNLV didn't look motivated at all until late in the first half they made a couple of big plays. Up to that point we had a bunch of really stupid penalties, dropped passes, and other mistakes that cost UNLV a lot. In the second half they played much better but kept up with the stupid penalties and mistakes that ultimately cost them the game. The one really bright spot is that Oblad has shown me that he is going to be a really good QB who was easily able to move the ball on SDSU in the second half.

I already gave up guessing on the final score. In the game against SDSU, UNLV didn't look motivated at all until late in the first half they made a couple of big plays. Up to that point we had a bunch of really stupid penalties, dropped passes, and other mistakes that cost UNLV a lot. In the second half they played much better but kept up with the stupid penalties and mistakes that ultimately cost them the game. The one really bright spot is that Oblad has shown me that he is going to be a really good QB who was easily able to move the ball on SDSU in the second half.

Oblad's flashed.

He's still only at 52% completion percentage.

10/6 TD to INT ratio is ok.

There's something to work with. Not sold he's the answer just yet though.

Last four games will tell us a lot more.

56-21 and then the argument about firing before the end of the season heats up since we will be mathematically out of a bowl game

56-21 and then the argument about firing before the end of the season heats up since we will be mathematically out of a bowl game

They likely won't and shouldn't fire him before end of the season. It gains nothing. If there was some scandal, sure. Results are disappointing but I don't think he would deserve to be fired in season.

You start contacting candidates. You want to get them in as soon as possible. But you gain nothing with an in season firing.

There is always a possibility that he is back no matter how they finish.

Believe it or not, I thought SDSU game was a bit promising.

I know that SDSU lets everyone hang around. But it looks like we adjusted and moved the ball against them more often than not, and was the better team.

We should of won on that out route to Grimes that Oblad missed.

We could have still won in OT if we made that FG. We had been the better team in the second half.

Does that mean we have turned the corner? No. But the offense eventually did admirably against a tough defense, and would have done better with some individual player execution.

Doesn't mean we are running the table, but maybe a sign of improvement?

Believe it or not, I thought SDSU game was a bit promising.

I know that SDSU lets everyone hang around. But it looks like we adjusted and moved the ball against them more often than not, and was the better team.

We should of won on that out route to Grimes that Oblad missed.

We could have still won in OT if we made that FG. We had been the better team in the second half.

Does that mean we have turned the corner? No. But the offense eventually did admirably against a tough defense, and would have done better with some individual player execution.

Doesn't mean we are running the table, but maybe a sign of improvement?

Hard to say.

SDSU is so limited on offense. Rebs were able to move the ball but it took a whole half to figure it. They still only finished with 17 points. On the plus side Oblad made some throws when the game was on the line.

If UNLV can limit CSU, hold them under 30 they could score enough against that defense and get a win. If CSU goes over 30, can the Rebs win a shootout?

I don't know...

The games after the type they played against Vandy and SDSU always make me nervous.

UNLV has laid a few eggs following a good showing.

I think the team is tired of Tony, tired of the circumstances surrounding Tony. I think it will really show in this weekends game. Look for a blow out.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I wasn't trying to say they should fire him now. I agree they should wait until end of season but I am just expecting a lot of post about firing him now

I wasn't trying to say they should fire him now. I agree they should wait until end of season but I am just expecting a lot of post about firing him now

Gotcha. My fault, I read it like you were saying they should.

They win this week, talk dies down. Lose, and it will pretty much be the only thing people will be talking about unfortunately.

The weather should be decent (for November in Fort Collins). I expect a close game but I just don't think the Defense can make enough stops to win. The D has really only looked good against awful offensive teams (N.W., Vandy, SDSU). Even average offenses seem to score at ease against us.

CSU 35
UNLV 31

Reactions: RebelMan5000
The weather should be decent (for November in Fort Collins). I expect a close game but I just don't think the Defense can make enough stops to win. The D has really only looked good against awful offensive teams (N.W., Vandy, SDSU). Even average offenses seem to score at ease against us.

CSU 35
UNLV 31

Outside of Wyoming any team that has versatility on offense has given the UNLV defense fits.

Wyoming is pretty one dimensional but moved the ball with ease.

He is if DRF is sick and tired of being sick and tired.

There were rumblings last year she was already looking to pull the plug.

Things change.

Money may not be there.

Or new money backing Sanchez pops up. Considering UNLV's financial situation something like that could influence a decision.

She's not going to announce any decision until the end of the season.

If UNLV loses tomorrow, somebody will ask about coach Sanchez' future, and she'll say 'we will address this at the end of the season' or 'We will review the state of the program at the end of the year'.

Pretty much all we are doing is speculating. Which, when a season goes the way this one has, it's all you have really. (Barring any unforseen turnaround). There isn't much to talk about in the way of results, so we're stuck discussing 'what ifs'...

Oblad's flashed.

He's still only at 52% completion percentage.

10/6 TD to INT ratio is ok.

There's something to work with. Not sold he's the answer just yet though.

Last four games will tell us a lot more.
5 dropped passes against SDSU didn't help

Don't be so sure.

With UNLV you never know.
I agree. It is a stretch to think UNLV can come up with the money for a big name hire AND THE STAFF HE WOULD REQUIRE. We can afford the Head Coach we have but what we haven’t tried yet and what we could afford is to pony up an extra 600k - 800k for a good staff.

5 dropped passes against SDSU didn't help

Every QB has receivers drop passes.

I'm not knocking the dude. I think there is something to work with there.

He played well vs a good SDSU team. He was not particularly good vs Fresno throwing three picks.

I agree. It is a stretch to think UNLV can come up with the money for a big name hire AND THE STAFF HE WOULD REQUIRE. We can afford the Head Coach we have but what we haven’t tried yet and what we could afford is to pony up an extra 600k - 800k for a good staff.

That's the big question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT