ADVERTISEMENT

Las Vegas Raiders sounds good

mvvsmith

Retired Number
Apr 9, 2008
Las Vegas, NV.
doesn't it. I'm not jinxing anything by saying that either, owner support is there, no place else for the Raiders to go and Oakland is now out of the question. Everything fell our way and we got the best team, the Raiders would have been the most popular in LA. their loss is our gain, Raiders fans will flock to LV. The fact is I think the vote won't even be close and if the NFL televises the first two years to LA that icing on the cake. The stadium is designed which saves some time, but infrastructure design needs ot take place (no small matter) when the site is nailed down. I can see flyovers from and to I-15 to the stadium parking lot to relieve surface street congestion, regardless of the final site chosen (I favor the Russell Road site) and the monorail eventually linking the stadium to the airport (makes why too much sense not to, and is a great reason to get ot done). Logo change ideas anyone? I see no change in the basic crossbones and pirate logo, but lots of cool Las Vegas Raiders clothing and logos. It will be interesting to see of the whole state supports the team like here in AZ, or the North remains tepid to the whole ideas, but that's for the marketing to solve. I also love the fact that the stadium is financed regardless of SA involvement, I believe this was important to the owners in case the Davis -SA is not acceptable and it was great leverage ot offset the SA leverage. Interesting times ain't it. Las Vegas has come a long way since I was a 10 year getting off the bus at the downtown terminal, from LA in 1960.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News