ADVERTISEMENT

Ken Wilson unr is out

They do a good job of development and finding unknowns like Josh Allen. Allen was at Reedley CC and nobody but Wyoming offered. I think Sanchez was our coach and was too wrapped up in recruiting rankings and such.

100%.

They are excellent at finding guys that fit.

As for Josh Allen, his career is forever tainted because he was beaten by UNLV legend Kurt Palandech in a shootout.

😁

100%.

They are excellent at finding guys that fit.

As for Josh Allen, his career is forever tainted because he was beaten by UNLV legend Kurt Palandech in a shootout.

😁
That was a crazy game. Got some pub out of that one. Unlv has come a long ways, the attendance for that game (I checked the box score) and it was 14k.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
If he goes .500 over the next 5 years he will have done an excellent job there.

And that isn't intended to be snark.

It's that tough of a job.
Just curious, do you think NMSU is an easier job?

They have had an excellent season. Granted in an easier conference, but throttling Auburn on the road is quite an accomplishment.

No real history of success there, but they made a very solid hire and they have done well.

This could be a fluke season, time will tell.

But I would imagine pretty even ground in terms of limitations vs UNM. I would imagine that UNM has advantages of NMSU.

I hate using exceptional examples for comparisons, it is already done on Rebel Net way too much, especially when it comes to basketball success, but NMSU is a decent comp because they are in states have share a lot of the same limitations that UNM have specifically.

They have had an excellent season. Granted in an easier conference, but throttling Auburn on the road is quite an accomplishment.

No real history of success there, but they made a very solid hire and they have done well.

But I would imagine pretty even ground in terms of limitations vs UNM. I would imagine that UNM has advantages of NMSU.

I hate using exceptional examples for comparisons, it is already done on Rebel Net way too much, especially when it comes to basketball success, but NMSU is a decent comp because they are in states have share a lot of the same limitations that UNM have specifically.
Jerry Kill is a VERY good coach IMO. Vastly underrated. If it wasn’t for his health issues, I think he would be known as one of the best in CFB.

Reactions: bcvegaspt

Weaker conference. They hit on some guys..

I mentioned before, Rocky Long is a very good football coach. He was able to squeeze everything he could out of that program. Made some bowl games, but finished there with a .500 record.

Bob Davey had a little success.

Weaker conference. They hit on some guys..

I mentioned before, Rocky Long is a very good football coach. He was able to squeeze everything he could out of that program. Made some bowl games, but finished there with a .500 record.

Bob Davey had a little success.
Bob Davie at least had the right idea of focusing on the option. I think the best way to have success at a school like New Mexico is you have to be different and think outside the box a little bit. Can be a different scheme (like option or run n shoot) or just the way you get talent (like TCU bringing in tons of skill players and converting them like they did in their MWC days). I just think it’s a very difficult undertaking at a school like that to say we are going to be just like everyone else.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Bob Davie at least had the right idea of focusing on the option. I think the best way to have success at a school like New Mexico is you have to be different and think outside the box a little bit. Can be a different scheme (like option or run n shoot) or just the way you get talent (like TCU bringing in tons of skill players and converting them like they did in their MWC days). I just think it’s a very difficult undertaking at a school like that to say we are going to be just like everyone else.

Couldn't agree more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT