ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny Johnson III making impact at Oregon, named a starter

Tough to keep hotshot QBs when they think they're going to be stuck behind a four-year starter. BSU just lost a RS freshman in Constantine. He was the fifth QB BSU has lost since 2015 (4 xfers, one kicked off for rules violation). I think that would be called the Rypien Effect up here. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a mini-parade of jucos for backups over the next couple years until Armani is a junior, when a high schooler won't be afraid to learn for a couple years, then compete as a soph or junior.

Reactions: mvvsmith and dcut03
JJ has talent no doubt, but our 4 deep at WR is pretty ridiculous. Big talented and experienced. It's hard for any Freshman to come in and overtake a spot in that situation. Unless you are some freak coming in, like a 5 star player.

I don't think we have ever had such quality depth at WR before.

Yeah UO is thin at WR, lost a lot to graduation and professional track and then to have Carrington their best returning WR get a DUI and tossed from the team (Utah welcomed him with open arms), they moved their team leader in interceptions last year to WR and now apparently are going to start Johnson.

I think UNLV has a much better chance of going to a bowl game then Oregon this season.

Oregon was 4-8 last season with a season ending loss to Oregon State. Phil Knight didn't pour enough money into the program to keep them at the top. As soon as Knight money goes away, they will go back to the bottom of the Pac12. From the 70's through the mid 90's they had a bad program that became relevant with Knight money.

I think UNLV has a much better chance of going to a bowl game then Oregon this season.

Oregon was 4-8 last season with a season ending loss to Oregon State. Phil Knight didn't pour enough money into the program to keep them at the top. As soon as Knight money goes away, they will go back to the bottom of the Pac12. From the 70's through the mid 90's they had a bad program that became relevant with Knight money.

Phil poured enough $$ in last year, the problem is they made a horrible choice in Mark Helfrich to replace Chip Kelly had nothing to d owith lack of money. Not sure how Willie Tagert will work out since he hasnt coached a game in Eugene yet, but he does have the #5 or even higher depending on what you look at class lined up so far for 2018. Knights money wont ever go away, Im sure Oregon will inherit a ton from his estate too, so UO is set up for the foreseeable future financially anyway.

As for who has a better chance to go bowling? Oregon should be at least 6-6 this year which gets them a bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT