ADVERTISEMENT

-its official- LV awarded NHL franchise

Rebel_Westgate

Walk On
Jan 9, 2016
I can confirm now that the NHL will be awarded a NHL franchise officially in June - As I reported previously. Was told today that the Las Vegas group was informed to get ready (which they have done so in my previous reports -

No word on when the team will begin play but I think the team will start in '17-18 from what I can tell with certain deals in the works from talking to others. There is also a partnership that other people were hoping to begin play next season as they didn't want to wait. The group is strong however and committed to wait another season which is normal for this process but they didn't care about past arrangements. They had to worry about some of their dealings while being part of the group.

Team name? I have heard Knights is the favorite as well as few of the following.
-LIGHTS which is a favorite of an executive
-HEAT another favorite which I have seen the concept of team branding
-SILVER TIPS
- GLADIATORS not getting much praise any longer so doubt it will make the list
- SUNS
- AMERICANS

So expect 1 of the following to be considered as new name. From speaking with others I think its going to be KNIGHTS, HEAT, AMERICANS or SUNS ---- I think HEAT and KNIGHTS will be the favorite.

Wayne Gretzky on board? Been told Gretzky has done lots of work with the group. I met him while ago and had a great chat with him about the NHL and Las Vegas. He is excited. I dont think he will take a large role as I think he is on his way to become a future NHL exec in either Edmonton or Toronto. But there is a chance he is part of the group in some way.

images

Or, the Las Veas Lite Brites

I want the team to be called the Las Vegas Neon. I like when a team's name embraces something that the city they're in is known for.

He brought entertainment to the board. He was a troll but when he got serious he brought some intelligence here.
definite entertainment. nothing like adding some levity. i don't recall the intelligence, but his comparisons were highlights.

if i remember correctly, "Anthony Marshall = the Russell Westbrook of the MWC". which would be followed by 30+ posters bashing down on him. those were fun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT