ADVERTISEMENT

I got the craziest thing on Friday!!

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Dude, the owner of Hussong’s bullied me in high school. He rolled up with a bunch of drifters to jump me.

Ok, back in the 90’s, there was a white street gang called “the drifters”. They were based out of Western High School. They wore Notre Dame colors. They started fights with people from Bonanza, CMHS, and Cheyenne. As a matter of fact, they had members at each of these schools. Not sure if they were at Bonanza. They were also at Brinley Jr High School and you probably went to school with them. They had a weird custom. I dunno if it’s true or not but to be a drifter, you had to be graduating 1994, 1996, 1992, 1990, 1988…

If you were odd number like class of 1995,1993..you weren’t allowed to be a drifter.

Anyways back in Halloween 1991, I went trick or treating with my two cousins in my old neighborhood. Me and my cousin Ady wore my parents white bathrobes, pillow cases white face paint and we were dressed up as ghosts. We also took my sister’s softball bats as protection and hid them underneath our robes.

We were trick or treating and I was walking ahead. Well, these 8th grader 1996 drifters from Brinley jr high happened to be in my neighborhood. They were looking for two other kids in my neighborhood to beat up. My childhood friend named Travis Fulkerson who lived over on the other side of my neighborhood..

To be continued..because it’s Bye Week.

Ok, back in the 90’s, there was a white street gang called “the drifters”. They were based out of Western High School. They wore Notre Dame colors. They started fights with people from Bonanza, CMHS, and Cheyenne. As a matter of fact, they had members at each of these schools. Not sure if they were at Bonanza. They were also at Brinley Jr High School and you probably went to school with them. They had a weird custom. I dunno if it’s true or not but to be a drifter, you had to be graduating 1994, 1996, 1992, 1990, 1988…

If you were odd number like class of 1995,1993..you weren’t allowed to be a drifter.

Anyways back in Halloween 1991, I went trick or treating with my two cousins in my old neighborhood. Me and my cousin Ady wore my parents white bathrobes, pillow cases white face paint and we were dressed up as ghosts. We also took my sister’s softball bats as protection and hid them underneath our robes.

We were trick or treating and I was walking ahead. Well, these 8th grader 1996 drifters from Brinley jr high happened to be in my neighborhood. They were looking for two other kids in my neighborhood to beat up. My childhood friend named Travis Fulkerson who lived over on the other side of my neighborhood..

To be continued..because it’s Bye Week.
I remember the Drifters. They did start fights with kids at Cheyenne, but they figured out real quick to stop that practice.

"Me and my cousin Ady wore my parents white bathrobes, pillow cases white face paint and we were dressed up as ghosts"

Uhhhhh..... that doesn't sound like ghosts. Sounds like something started by the DemoKKKrat party 😬

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
I went to bonanza ‘92 I don’t recall the drifters, I rember the pinky boys that got shot and killed and some white/black wrestlers that were in a gang but don’t think it was drifters

I went to bonanza ‘92 I don’t recall the drifters, I rember the pinky boys that got shot and killed and some white/black wrestlers that were in a gang but don’t think it was drifters
I not only remember that wrestlers gang, my friends and I beat the hell out of the them…. It was something “boys”….damn, I can’t remember the name right now! Most were from Clark HS, but a few from Bonanza.

We were told about a party down by Clark and we were met at the door by these douches. We were like whatever and went to leave & these dudes started following us. As we were leaving one of these dbags broke a beer bottle and stabbed a friend of mine nearly cutting his ear off…we were all punks and skaters, but had them outnumbered nearly 2 to 1…we all jumped out of our cars and I’ve NEVER seen a worse beat down of a bunch of over arrogant a holes. My boy Karim took on three of them and KO’d all three. It was beautiful.

Three days after that kid with a bat to the head, word spread around the school that it was me who hit those 8th graders up..

Me and my best friend were gonna confront a kid who rolled with the Drifters and almost jumped me a year after it happened.

I was walking home and 2 cars and trucks rolled up with the “owner of Hussong’s Mexican Cantina” where the reunion was at, like 10 dudes. I was paranoid walking home from the bus that entire year. usually brought a can of mace spray but I didn’t this time..

“Hey are you kid that hit Philip Gagliardi in the head”??

I was shaking in my pants. My best friend noticed that Brian Mangino was driving his mini Toyota

“I said, “No it’s the other Filipino. I pointed towards Ronneil house”

They all got in their cars and they said “he lied to us. If it’s you lying we are gonna come back twice as hard”

They got in their cars and left and went back to to this other Filipino that lived in the neighborhood. (They hit him up first)

Me, my best friend and Horny Boy Steve ran all the way to my best friend’s house.

We can see from the kitchen window that they were driving up and down Deadwood Road looking for me.

Anyways..Brian was a dickhead..probably doesn’t remember hitting me up..

I didn’t mention it. He was cool as hell in 2024

Haha..there was a group of kids called “the shitheads, lil rascals (they wore redskins)

Three days after that kid with a bat to the head, word spread around the school that it was me who hit those 8th graders up..

Me and my best friend were gonna confront a kid who rolled with the Drifters and almost jumped me a year after it happened.

I was walking home and 2 cars and trucks rolled up with the “owner of Hussong’s Mexican Cantina” where the reunion was at, like 10 dudes. I was paranoid walking home from the bus that entire year. usually brought a can of mace spray but I didn’t this time..

“Hey are you kid that hit Philip Gagliardi in the head”??

I was shaking in my pants. My best friend noticed that Brian Mangino was driving his mini Toyota

“I said, “No it’s the other Filipino. I pointed towards Ronneil house”

They all got in their cars and they said “he lied to us. If it’s you lying we are gonna come back twice as hard”

They got in their cars and left and went back to to this other Filipino that lived in the neighborhood. (They hit him up first)

Me, my best friend and Horny Boy Steve ran all the way to my best friend’s house.

We can see from the kitchen window that they were driving up and down Deadwood Road looking for me.

Anyways..Brian was a dickhead..probably doesn’t remember hitting me up..

I didn’t mention it. He was cool as hell in 2024

Haha..there was a group of kids called “the shitheads, lil rascals (they wore redskins)
You must be younger than me. Remember the Filipino kid that was killed in the drive by at Bonanza? It was like 1989 (?). The guys that shot him were after a black guy… a crip that was right behind him, but the Filipino kid ended up collateral damage…. The police/feds closed down the school for a few days, and then the LA Pinoy Boys showed up one of those days and circled the school with 100+ low riders 🤣…a bunch of your brothers got arrested I heard. I was just glad that Morp got cancelled, because a girl I grew up with at my Mormon church asked me to go..and my girlfriend was pissed….but I was too close to the girl’s brothers to say no.

That Filipino’s sacrifice was much appreciated though…at least by me. RIP

I still talk to some of your ex-classmates to this day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT