ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Game

Rebelsss

All American
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2021
Houston is a very winnable game week one. They’re only predicted to win a few games. We’re a three point dog for entertainment purposes.

• Love
Reactions: LVRebel2000
If the team loses this game, that will speak volumes
OR Both teams tried to get better in the off season

Edit: to be clear, I think we should at minimum be "in" this game. I have no idea what Houston lost or brought in. I have no idea what changes were made to the staff other than Willie Fritz coming in.

I assume that Houston has a leg up in recruiting, haven't looked at numbers. Losing this game doesn't have to be indicative of anything, other than they lost this game.

More edit: just looked at Houston schedule... we would be dogs in all but 3-4 of their games, I'm guessing

Last edited:
If the team loses this game, that will speak volumes
I’m only concerned with our QB play. Will be the first game for Sluka or Williams, in this offense. If either one can reliably move the ball downfield, then I feel good about us taking this one. However, QB play is unknown’s at this point and this will make or break our season, IMO.

It will be tough to know how good Houston is. First year head coach , but somone who has been very good throughout his career at several levels. Not sure about their recruiting/style of play/player retention.

I think it is probably to our favor that we play them first, given that it will probably take time for them to gel. But they will be hard to scout/prepare for.

I'll be there either way!

It will be tough to know how good Houston is. First year head coach , but somone who has been very good throughout his career at several levels. Not sure about their recruiting/style of play/player retention.

I think it is probably to our favor that we play them first, given that it will probably take time for them to gel. But they will be hard to scout/prepare for.

I'll be there either way!
I think UNLV will be hard to scout for also though, since they don't have any video of our new QB's, and how they'll be incorporated into the system. I expect it to look quite a bit different than last year due to having a much bigger threat of the QB running.

I think UNLV will be hard to scout for also though, since they don't have any video of our new QB's, and how they'll be incorporated into the system. I expect it to look quite a bit different than last year due to having a much bigger threat of the QB running.
I agree, our offense could look very different with a mobile QB, but at least many of the formations will be the same.

I just think that we can't just write off Houston, they have a quality coach in a recruiting hotbed, one of the best in the country. They will be a question mark. Now they won't be challenging for a B12 title likely, but they could easily win more than 3-4 games as some were saying. It just hard to say. No one had us winning 9 games last year with a first year coach.

I wanna get this inner American Conference going..

UH, UTSA, Memphis, Cincinnati, UNLV, SDSU..

Need a couple of more worthy schools..

Andre Ware won a Heismann, right? He does color commentary for all Texans games on the radio. He also does some college football.

Can't forget the pride of Houston, Case Keenum!
Oh, and there's David Klingler, who set an all-division record of 11 TD passes in a game, and 716 yards in a game (since surpassed twice). Finished third in the Heisman voting, behind Ty Detmer and Rocket Ismail.

Houston is primed for a pummelling and UNLV absolutely need to win this game. Last year game versus UTEP was only a 15 points or 17 win but that was a drubbing. This game need to be close to that. I mean UNLV b!tch slapped UTEP so bad that their players changed side.

Looking at our schedule closer, this is a very important game to keep momentum from last season going and to set up for another successful year.

Lose against Houston, and we’ll most likely be 1-1 heading into a tough 6 game stretch (@KU, Fresno, Syracuse, @ USU, @ Oregon St, Boise). Winning more than 2 of those will be a feat.

Last 4 of our schedule is very favorable, just have to get there in decent shape first.

What is the best way to get tickets to this game? I’m thinking about driving over for this one.
Single game tickets through the UH ticket office go on sale Aug 2. The UNLV single game tickets only show home games. I'm not sure if we sell tickets to away games at all.

Single game tickets through the UH ticket office go on sale Aug 2. The UNLV single game tickets only show home games. I'm not sure if we sell tickets to away games at all.

$35/ticket at Unlv Tickets

I'm old enough to remember when HTown beat us 69-0 in 1989 with Andre Ware. It was a promising start for the season.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT