ADVERTISEMENT

Hit or Miss

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
Looks like we are getting more of what we saw during Spring and Fall Camps. Stanton is either looking good or looking bad. There never seemed to be any real middle ground or consistency with him. I had high hopes after the first game but they are diminishing rapidly even though I expect the next couple games to be better since we are going up against much weaker competition than we will see the rest of the year.

Really hoping that Cui gets a shot here real soon. He looks like a guy that will be a gamer and is just a tough guy that makes the hard catches and some of our #1's haven't been looking so sure handed lately. We need a guy that can go over the middle and loosen things up a little bit.

Even though he seems to have been moved back down to #3, I would like for Sneed to get a shot. He is the only one that I think really looks the part of a QB and consistently made good passes during practice.

Enough for now, Go Rebels!

Reactions: RebelinWA
It'll even out. We know the talent is there. I think it's just nerves.

Passes in practice, and passes in a game time situation are wholy different situations. I will defer to the coaches knowing far better than us armchairs who should start and get playing time.

3rd DI start patience half the schools are going through the same evaluation process. There is a lot of positives with UNLV football right now the donations, recruiting and we are playing better and we have our own moniker GATA beats Play like a champion that everybody rips off from Notre Dame and it seems like the community is finally getting behind them. I know I will be donating for a locker room plate. Keep up the good vibes Las Vegans outside CMU we've played tough and my So Cal friends are pulling for us to go Pac14 one day.
Hang in there Rebs!

Last edited:
Reactions: Menzies_Jay
This hasn't been mentioned much, but I'm going to call out Boyd. Some of the biggest drops were balls that hit him right in the hands, and many of them were drive killers on 3rd downs.

Now Stanton struggles a bit with touch and he throws it pretty hard. Sometimes it is unnecessary, sometimes it has to be that way to fit it in a tight window.

That being said, the WRs need to catch those balls and get used to hard thrown balls. Favre did that in the freezing cold and is a HOFer.

I agree with the amount that Stevenson was struggling (true frosh, so it is understandable) that Cui should have gotten some looks in the slot. A surehanded guy that knows how to get open is big, especially when you are struggling to get first downs.

UNLV 2013 lost 51-13 and 58-13 to a pair of 8-5 teams Minn and Arizona
UNLV 2012 lost 14-17 to NAU and 48-10 to 3-9 Hawaii
UNLV 2011 lost 59-7 to 4-8 Washington, lost 41-16 to Southern Utah, lost 37-0 to 7-6 unr

In perspective losing by 20 to a team that is better than any of those listed above is far from a disaster. UNLV did not play well in the CMU game, but I am not going to be ready to say the sky is falling unless they lose in the next two games. Idaho and Fresno should both be easy wins and confidence builders for UNLV, and should leave UNLV with a 3-2 record after five games. A 3-2 record will put UNLV in a great position to have at least 5 or more wins this season which is right in line with what most expected for the first 5 games of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT