ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Will..

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
With the bye this week, the staff will be hitting the recruiting trail again.

Any new local kids you think may get offered?

Any kids having big years that have put themselves on the map?

I'm not sure which direction the staff will go recruiting wise.
Legacy running back Naim Geeslin and Silverado receiver Devion Clayton are two skill players that I like that would be great edition. Clayton just took his SAT and he's a speed guy with an elite size/speed combo but limited number due to quarterback limitation.
There are several linebackers and defensive linemen that have the athletic talent to develop but it really depends on the eyes of the staff.
I'm in wait and see more recruiting wise. I know the 2017 class is loaded.

I'm not sure which direction the staff will go recruiting wise.
Legacy running back Naim Geeslin and Silverado receiver Devion Clayton are two skill players that I like that would be great edition. Clayton just took his SAT and he's a speed guy with an elite size/speed combo but limited number due to quarterback limitation.
There are several linebackers and defensive linemen that have the athletic talent to develop but it really depends on the eyes of the staff.
I'm in wait and see more recruiting wise. I know the 2017 class is loaded.
Any safeties out there Will? That will be a big need next year. Probably need to bring in one Juco kid there.

Defensive end that can get after the passer is a huge need. Another spot I think we see a juco kid.

WR Has talent returning but is short on numbers so that could open some doors for locals.

Not sure how hard they hit running back this year. Three guys will split the carries next year again. Geeslin might fit here as a red shirt.

One 2017 local I want UNLV to grab is RB Isaiah Morris from Desert Pines. Skeptics will say he's too small. But as long as he packs enough weight I think his low center of gravity actually works in his favor when he's blowing through defenses. He slices and dices and reminds me of Dominique Dorsey. He's only a junior with a lot of growth left in him. Plus with a redshirt year in college he'll be more than ready to light up D1 teams. The kid is an absolute burner.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3771190...://www.hudl.com/athlete/3771190/isaiah-morris

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
One 2017 local I want UNLV to grab is RB Isaiah Morris from Desert Pines. Skeptics will say he's too small. But as long as he packs enough weight I think his low center of gravity actually works in his favor when he's blowing through defenses. He slices and dices and reminds me of Dominique Dorsey. He's only a junior with a lot of growth left in him. Plus with a redshirt year in college he'll be more than ready to light up D1 teams. The kid is an absolute burner.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3771190/highlights/286879375/v2?utm_expid=74649800-50.xVwcdGojSNiaNtQ6WnoKhQ.0&utm_referrer=http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3771190/isaiah-morris

'Small' running backs can have lots of success at the D1 level. It is the one position I really don't think size is much of a factor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT