ADVERTISEMENT

He is finally in the portal

I would take him here in a heartbeat, the only one I would take above him is KJ!

I've been posting about this for months. Him and Marion are very close.
The greatest thing about being great is having the ability to show off your greatness. How many great QB's had to sit on the bench and completely throw away a pro career because they were in a P4 conference and sitting in as a backup? This QB gets it.

So the question is, if you bring him in to challenge Maiava but essentially he gets the starting job, is it really for 1 year and he goes with Marion and does Maiava say, ok, I got beat by a better guy and I want to stick around hint, hint for a year? Idk

If Maiava said he wanted to play all four years at UNLV, Odom strikes me as a guy who would want that type of loyalty and consistency he can count on at QB. Marion strikes me as a guy who will bring in anyone over anybody if he thinks it will improve his offense (and his opportunities for his next job). Interesting dynamic.

If Maiava said he wanted to play all four years at UNLV, Odom strikes me as a guy who would want that type of loyalty and consistency he can count on at QB. Marion strikes me as a guy who will bring in anyone over anybody if he thinks it will improve his offense (and his opportunities for his next job). Interesting dynamic.
They're both equally opportunistic, just in different ways, it's the nature of the job. If Odom thought it would make team better, he makes the decision regardless of "loyalty" because its whats best for team, whereas Marion makes the move because it helps team, but also his offense and his prospects

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Marion isn't used to seeing the same players two years in a row if you know what I mean. Yeah, I think he puts the best players in regardless of longevity. Odom has shown he defers to his coordinators. He won't interfere.

Check this link and watch the video of him choosing UNLV over Utep. The kid looks like he has the arms and shoulders over some of those skinny QB's . He is also coming to UNLV early in January so that will help him get ready early. I like the kid.

“For the next 3 or 4 years I’ll be taking my talent to UNLV.”

Paraphrasing, but he messed that up on several levels:

3-4 years? If that’s not a red flag about hoping to transfer later on…

Taking my talent? Ok, Lebron.

The kid is fast and built like a tank, so those are positives.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
“For the next 3 or 4 years I’ll be taking my talent to UNLV.”

Paraphrasing, but he messed that up on several levels:

3-4 years? If that’s not a red flag about hoping to transfer later on…

Taking my talent? Ok, Lebron.

The kid is fast and built like a tank, so those are positives.
3-4 years is him probably being optimistic he will only need 3 years of college to go pro. Hes not making the NFL, but I think it’s more about that rather than 3 years then transferring.

3-4 years is him probably being optimistic he will only need 3 years of college to go pro. Hes not making the NFL, but I think it’s more about that rather than 3 years then transferring.
He seems a little cocky, which you got to be at that position. The athleticism is there and is a fit for the gogo offense. We’ll probably keep adding a quarterback or two since Friel and Brumfield will probably move on after the bowl game or in the spring. Who knows.

He is currently at Oregon State on a visit. My question is does OSU have the NIL money to pay him? I hope coach Marion made the phone call since we offered one of the Texas WR'S

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT