ADVERTISEMENT

Hawaii

I actually like this. Their volleyball and UTEP's volleyball are really good. I know, I know, but, I like volleyball.

This tells me that we will have a solid 8 full members and we can now lock down a media contract. From there we can then look to grow the conference slowly by bringing in a couple of FCS schools. We have to do that sooner or later because there isn't much else to choose from in the West. Hawaii's media contract with Spectrum may now disappear and hopefully that will add some value to our media contract.

I always think it is funny how travel cost would be too high for Hawaii if all sports moved to the MWC, then how does the WAC afford to have those sports in their conference?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I always think it is funny how travel cost would be too high for Hawaii if all sports moved to the MWC, then how does the WAC afford to have those sports in their conference?
will arnett magic GIF

I don't think it's as much about afford as not wanting to reduce net income on travel expenses but at this point we don't have a lot of options it sounds like.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I don't think they really could.

They play in Big West now for basketball. All California teams.

It was the Wyoming, CSU, AFA, Boise games that created the problem I believe.

Reactions: RebelinWA
And there you go. Honestly it makes things way more palatable public opinion wise. I know it’s a headache but it solidifies things and stops the carousel for a minute so everyone can stop panicking.

I'm not sure most of the public outside of message boards understand or even realize Hawaii was football only.

Reactions: RebelinWA
I don't think they really could.

They play in Big West now for basketball. All California teams.

It was the Wyoming, CSU, AFA, Boise games that created the problem I believe.
Hawaii has a corporate partnership with Hawaiian Airlines. The airline will pull charter planes for them if they ask.

Obvious move, I think it also adds value to the next tv contract. I still think getting into Texas is a priority even after the addition of UTEP.

Finally some common sense. Now add some basketball schools: St. Marys, USF, Grand Canyon, Irvine, Wichita State, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT