ADVERTISEMENT

Hardy

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
Hardy is rapidly becoming the point guard we have been looking for. He is figuring out that when he drives he has to also have an assist in mind instead of just scoring. Last night was a glimpse at what he will become at that position. 9 assists and he put the ball in the hole and had only 1 turnover. By the end of the season he may be the best pure point guard in the league.

Joel is an amazing talent that is progressing at a rapid rate as well. Can anybody say Freshman of the Year MWC.

Clyburn is exceeding all the expectations I had for him. He is taking the ball to the rim so much stronger these days. He used to get his shots blocked constantly going to the rim too soft.

Waiting to see the light go on with Hamilton and I believe it will. Kid is a 4 star that is big and quick.

Loved the small ball lineup vs CSU. Good adjustment by Menzies. The team is really playing hard and rebounding exceptionally well but the last 5 minutes of the game may have shown these guys just how hard they are gonna have to play all the time to be successful.

I am enjoying watching this group of kids grow and mature and I won't be a bit surprised if by the end of the year they start making a little noise and attracting some attention.

Okay now all you Never Trumpers I mean Never CMM'ers can pile on and say how everything sucks, Menzies sucks, brand of basketball sucks and how the next coach is gonna fix everything.

Hardy, Ntambwe, and Tchatchoua have an athletic advantage over most guys they go up against. Ntambwe is quickly figuring out that he can take over games but needs to make sure he is taking good shots. The effort level is good. They will still lose games to teams that play better team ball but, as I stated on another thread, in 2 years with Hardy as a senior and Ntambwe and Tchatchoua as juniors they could be special.

I agree completely with Pistol Pete 1. Assuming Pistol Pete refers to Pete Maravich, here is a little Pete anecdote.

Not sure whether it was 1965 or 1966, but it was back in the old days when freshmen could not play varsity basketball. The Duke freshmen where playing some random academy from somewhere in the south that happened to have a player named Pete Maravich. Of course at the time, that name meant nada. By the time the game was over, me and my friends were awestruck by this kid. He put on an amazing demonstration of shooting and passing. It remains the only think I can remember from the time I spent watching Duke freshmen games.

Pistol was the best ever. A magician with the ball in his hands. The Harlem Globe Trotters wanted him. Still holds the NCAA scoring record and as stated above he only had 3 years to do it (freshman couldn’t play varsity) and many of his shots came from 3 point land before there was a 3 point shot. He would have averaged another 8-10 pts a game.

Any youngsters on here that haven’t seen him play pull up some youtube and be amazed.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Pistol was the best ever. A magician with the ball in his hands. The Harlem Globe Trotters wanted him. Still holds the NCAA scoring record and as stated above he only had 3 years to do it (freshman couldn’t play varsity) and many of his shots came from 3 point land before there was a 3 point shot. He would have averaged another 8-10 pts a game.

Any youngsters on here that haven’t seen him play pull up some youtube and be amazed.
Think he averaged 45 per game.....

Hardy, Ntambwe, and Tchatchoua have an athletic advantage over most guys they go up against. Ntambwe is quickly figuring out that he can take over games but needs to make sure he is taking good shots. The effort level is good. They will still lose games to teams that play better team ball but, as I stated on another thread, in 2 years with Hardy as a senior and Ntambwe and Tchatchoua as juniors they could be special.

I will add Mbacke to that group. Give him another off season, time in the weight room and another 15-20 lbs.

Reactions: khokhol8
Ntambwe drove me crazy last game. He was the proverbial gunner, if he touched it it was to take a lousy shot. His footwork was horrible on several shots. He should watch that Maravich film and learn about squaring up.

Reactions: TimothyC3
Let these young guys run and get experience. Hardy and Bryce should be better then Noah and Clyburn before the end of the season.

Ntambwe was good vs Wyoming. Glad to see him take a little time before shooting. Not much time to get better before NM team that blew up Nevada frauds. I agree let the freshman play and maybe Green too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT