ADVERTISEMENT

George Kliavkoff

The guy must be having heart palpitations. Going from a multimillion dollar cushy job to the street in no time. I can't imagine any contract with enough foresight to save him from a conference collapse.
They should have accepted SMU and SDSU in June. They should have extended additional offers. They should have had a media contract done before the B12. He should have pushed for those things. Even a year ago he was pushing for streaming contracts. He pushed the pac into a terrible media deal. The guy lives in Las Vegas. I hope to see him at a CAL / UNLV or WSU / UNLV game in the near future.

They should have accepted SMU and SDSU in June. They should have extended additional offers. They should have had a media contract done before the B12. He should have pushed for those things. Even a year ago he was pushing for streaming contracts. He pushed the pac into a terrible media deal. The guy lives in Las Vegas. I hope to see him at a CAL / UNLV or WSU / UNLV game in the near future.
They had opportunities for years to add teams and sat on their "academics" rather than trying to add schools to increase media rights.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I never thought anyone could be worse as Commissioner than Greg..... Craig " 🤡 " Thompson? But George proved me wrong! SMDFH That other " 🤡 " Larry Scott is not without reproach, he has his fingerprints all over the PAC-12 demise!

Last edited:
I never thought anyone could be worse as Commissioner than Greg..... Craig " 🤡 " Thompson? But George proved me wrong! SMDFH That other " 🤡 " Larry Scott is not without reproach, he has his fingerprints all over the PAC-12 demise!
The misappropriation of funds is still under investigation and that happened on Scott’s watch and that money being misused will not make it easy for the remaining Pac-12 members to join or merge into a new conference. Any new conference would have to take on that misappropriation of funds debacle and I don’t think the MWC would do that?!

The misappropriation of funds is still under investigation and that happened on Scott’s watch and that money being misused will not make it easy for the remaining Pac-12 members to join or merge into a new conference. Any new conference would have to take on that misappropriation of funds debacle and I don’t think the MWC would do that?!
I think it's about $20 mil.

there were 2 reasons why the TV deal was not done. 1 can be proven...networks are hurting for cash. The other 1 is harder to prove but AZ and CO knew they've been gone for over a year. Many departments of other schools knew this too and have been working with AZ behind the scenes to be pulled across the finish line with AZ into the Big12. OR and WA knew AZ was trying to get out. That's half of the programs either out are actively looking for a landing spot. Do you know how hard it is to make a deal with a conference when it's "common knowledge" that the biggest draws have 1 foot in?

The commissioner effed up big time, but the TV deal was never going to get done with the demands being made. Perfect storm + bad admin = UNLV, SMU, Boise St. in the Pac-(number to be determined later)

there were 2 reasons why the TV deal was not done. 1 can be proven...networks are hurting for cash. The other 1 is harder to prove but AZ and CO knew they've been gone for over a year. Many departments of other schools knew this too and have been working with AZ behind the scenes to be pulled across the finish line with AZ into the Big12. OR and WA knew AZ was trying to get out. That's half of the programs either out are actively looking for a landing spot. Do you know how hard it is to make a deal with a conference when it's "common knowledge" that the biggest draws have 1 foot in?

The commissioner effed up big time, but the TV deal was never going to get done with the demands being made. Perfect storm + bad admin = UNLV, SMU, Boise St. in the Pac-(number to be determined later)
you have any inside info on that last sentence, or just speculating?

last sentence was just to show how bad the eff up was by the Pac-12 commissioner. The first paragraph has insight for what Utah has been doing since Arizona started looking into the Big12

Last edited:
I think he was referring to this.... "UNLV, SMU, Boise St. in the Pac- (number to be determined later)"

As if it was imminent that we are joining the PAC-12 or 16 etc. or merge the 2 Conferences.
Yeah, that's how I was reading it. I think I misinterpreted it though

I think he was referring to this.... "UNLV, SMU, Boise St. in the Pac- (number to be determined later)"

As if it was imminent that we are joining the PAC-12 or 16 etc. or merge the 2 Conferences.
I know what he meant. Like I said, the last sentence was to show how bad the Pac-12 screwed up. Perfect storm = inept commissioner = SMU and UNLV in your conference.

My slow brain processor couldn't figure that one out. Thanks.

I was listening to a podcast and what I didn't know was how little the ACC pays in comparison to the SEC, B1G, and Big12. They are locked in a contract until 2036 for $23.5 million per team. Then they have that GOR. Initially I was thinking Stanford and Cal to the ACC was a no brainer. Now I look at the travel involved and see they will basically be paying 50% of that to travel. I'm now of the opinion that it would be stupid to join that conference. Why would you, if your Stanford and a possible hookup to the B1G in the future, think about locking up money that you would make in the B1G and have to pay that until 2036 to the ACC if you leave.

Their best bet is to go Independent or get in with the MWC and then jump to greener pastures when the opportunity presents itself. What a stupid move to go to the ACC. I can't think they would do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT