ADVERTISEMENT

Facing Giants (OSU)

No kidding. I can tell you that coffee is much better Sunday on the patio after a good win! So, what are our chances versus OSU? Seriously.:pray: or [banana]

No kidding. I can tell you that coffee is much better Sunday on the patio after a good win! So, what are our chances versus OSU? Seriously.:pray: or [banana]

I know lol... They beat themselves in the Howard game. That is clear to see. I just want to see them play well at Ohio St. Limit the mistakes. I think the Reb's are going to have a real good season. There should be a bowl game this year...

On another note. If the defense doesn't play better Beir should be fired lol! Just playing...

Jeeeez dude have a sense of humor. There is no need for this on the board Rebel Brotha. I am a guy how rode his bike to the first game at the stadium with Weber state in town. I live 1800 miles away and fly in to catch at least 1 -2 games per year. Gets a bit frustrating to spend a weekend and $2000.00 and not see a win in person for the past 7 years. Forgive when a poster has a tantrum or sarcasm and move on. :victory::sunglasses: I make it a rule to never attack a Rebel Bro. We had a lot of that in the BH days. Hate to see it again.

Jeeeez dude have a sense of humor. There is no need for this on the board Rebel Brotha. I am a guy how rode his bike to the first game at the stadium with Weber state in town. I live 1800 miles away and fly in to catch at least 1 -2 games per year. Gets a bit frustrating to spend a weekend and $2000.00 and not see a win in person for the past 7 years. Forgive when a poster has a tantrum or sarcasm and move on. :victory::sunglasses: I make it a rule to never attack a Rebel Bro. We had a lot of that in the BH days. Hate to see it again.
You only count if you have supreme confidence at all times. If you point out shortcomings, you're a hater and branded for life.

You've done a lot more than most Rebel football fans.

Sadly, when things go bad, the messenger is the one that gets assasinated. I guess it's a safety mechanism for some to shoot the messenger instead of the message.

You only count if you have supreme confidence at all times. If you point out shortcomings, you're a hater and branded for life.

Sadly, when things go bad, the messenger is the one that gets assasinated. I guess it's a safety mechanism for some to shoot the messenger instead of the message.

Thanks for the back up. I love this team AND have emotions. But i refuse to engage my rebel family in atacks. Thanks for all you do!

Thanks for the back up. I love this team AND have emotions. But i refuse to engage my rebel family in atacks. Thanks for all you do!

Joe does do a real good job of keeping people informed. Sanchez was pretty funny in that press conference. He just laughed when the reporter asked him if he should be fired. They are going to be fine...

Reactions: mvvsmith

Side point: I tutored Sam King back in the day. Very pleasant and humble guy. One of my special memories.

Same old extremist talk, you're either with them or against them. Whatever. Funny how things change from Kruger to CDR to Menzies.

@drmontehorne_a_yahoo.com its not an attack on you, it was an observation. Don't take it personally. You are obviously a Rebel fan. I'm sure you can handle a little ribbing after your obvious and self proclaimed meltdown.

Reactions: ricovegas
Joe does do a real good job of keeping people informed. Sanchez was pretty funny in that press conference. He just laughed when the reporter asked him if he should be fired. They are going to be fine...
I don't know whether they'll be fine or not. Depends on your personal definition, I guess. For me, this season, "fine" should be 500 and above. Gifting the first game means you have to win all your toss ups or steal an improbable game. We aren't stealing an improbable, but we can win the coin toss games and "be fine". I guess you like to have a little wiggle room and all that was taken away with the inexcusable loss.

Still, great strides made between game one and two, it stands to reason that Armani is going to get better and more comfortable and make the offense a little more lethal. Love our running game, wish we didn't lose Williams.... line is good. Losing to Idaho would have been nothing but doom and gloom. Like I said, zero wiggle room. We know we are crushed by OSU, so no big deal. But gotta, gotta, gotta take SJSU.

Same old extremist talk, you're either with them or against them. Whatever. Funny how things change from Kruger to CDR to Menzies.

@drmontehorne_a_yahoo.com its not an attack on you, it was an observation. Don't take it personally. You are obviously a Rebel fan. I'm sure you can handle a little ribbing after your self proclaimed meltdown.
I'm with them, it's my school, my team. But being a fan doesn't mean you can't point out your team's flaws. Most can't, it's like looking in the mirror and admitting you don't like certain things about yourself. I don't have a problem with that myself.

@drmontehorne_a_yahoo.com its not an attack on you, it was an observation. Don't take it personally. You are obviously a Rebel fan. I'm sure you can handle a little ribbing after your self proclaimed meltdown.

Thanks Rebel Bro. Peace. Be back next year. Just savoring this win.

I'm with them, it's my school, my team. But being a fan doesn't mean you can't point out your team's flaws. Most can't, it's like looking in the mirror and admitting you don't like certain things about yourself. I don't have a problem with that myself.
It also doesn't mean that you cant mention when people go off the deep end. You know better than anyone that this fan base (including myself) has a tendency to overeact. since when was not OK to respond to this stuff. Did I miss the memo from the mods?

I'm with them, it's my school, my team. But being a fan doesn't mean you can't point out your team's flaws. Most can't, it's like looking in the mirror and admitting you don't like certain things about yourself. I don't have a problem with that myself.[/QUOTE

That's what a fan is. Short for fanatic. My school and team. I to am concerned about wiggle room.

Thanks Rebel Bro. Peace. Be back next year. Just savoring this win.
Hey man, I decided to drive to Moscow from Seattle. If I would have went and we lost, I'd been pissed. More so because things would look rather bleak for the season.

I appreciate you more than most because you are spending money to support the team. I REALLY appreciate that. Says something.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
It also doesn't mean that you can mention when people go off the deep end. You know better than anyone that this fan base (including myself) has a tendency to overeact. since when was not OK to respond to this stuff. Did I miss the memo from the mods?
Deep end with all fanbases is par for the course with every single fanbase nowadays. For both big wins and bad losses. Very little even keel to find anywhere in the country nowadays.

Yeah, you can call them out for going off the deep end. But when we lose by 60 to OSU, then those same people will call you out. Until we beat SJSU, then you can call them out again. Drop one vs SDSU, their turn. At some point, when the magic number is hit for meeting expectations or failing to meet expectations, one side wins, the other goes into hiding.

Revolving door that accomplishes nothing, really, unless fan division is the goal.

Deep end with all fanbases is par for the course with every single fanbase nowadays. For both big wins and bad losses. Very little even keel to find anywhere in the country nowadays.

Yeah, you can call them out for going off the deep end. But when we lose by 60 to OSU, then those same people will call you out. Until we beat SJSU, then you can call them out again. Drop one vs SDSU, their turn. At some point, when the magic number is hit for meeting expectations or failing to meet expectations, one side wins, the other goes into hiding.

Revolving door that accomplishes nothing, really, unless fan division is the goal.

Well said but sad.

I don't know whether they'll be fine or not. Depends on your personal definition, I guess. For me, this season, "fine" should be 500 and above. Gifting the first game means you have to win all your toss ups or steal an improbable game. We aren't stealing an improbable, but we can win the coin toss games and "be fine". I guess you like to have a little wiggle room and all that was taken away with the inexcusable loss.

Still, great strides made between game one and two, it stands to reason that Armani is going to get better and more comfortable and make the offense a little more lethal. Love our running game, wish we didn't lose Williams.... line is good. Losing to Idaho would have been nothing but doom and gloom. Like I said, zero wiggle room. We know we are crushed by OSU, so no big deal. But gotta, gotta, gotta take SJSU.

I agree about SJSU. Huge!! People that have been around following Rebel athletics know this. I hope they don't have a dual threat QB...

Right now my priority is my sea food boil over the fire pit and what kind of wood to use.

The point of this thread was to consider can unlv slay a giant. Can't happen if you do not believe it. Thus I am a fan-natic. I hope the team beleive. Not just a good showing but an historic win. It happens. Whadda ya think? What if........ "change the culture".

Last edited:

Not sure what I'm being called out for but if need be, go for it. Nothing wrong with it nor do I think it divides the fan base.

I recall Kruger days when some Rebel netters were called nut huggers. Or when some got their panties in a bunch for calling out CDR. Your right. That's exactly how it goes at least in some corners of the board.

But that's not happening here, you guys are making a mountain your of a mole hill. When did this board get so sensitive. Damn.

Right now my priority is my sea food boil over the fire pit and what kind of wood to use.

The point of this thread was to consider can unlv slay a giant. Can't happen if you do not believe it. Thus I am a fan-natic. I hope the team beleives. Not just a good showing but an historic win. It happens. Whadda ya think? What if........ "change the culture".
I amsitting right in the middle of Irma right now...still, this notion of UNLV beating Ohio State a s crazy. Pray for us...

I amsitting right in the middle of Irma right now...still, this notion of UNLV beating Ohio State a s crazy. Pray for us...

I already pray for you. And I am crazy like Howard, Appalachian state, and on and on. Who goes into a game expecting to lose but a loser? Our biggest enemy is our mind. Over come that and you can do anything. Blessing rebel.

Reactions: LasVegasReb
Brotha. I will pray for you specifically. I am available and easy to find. Call, email, or smoke signal.

I understand. We are here for you. What can we do for you?
Monte
903 885 4047
We're alright...I'm just no longer scared anymore. There is nothing we can do more. We live in Sarasota but have been in Jacksonville...my family is safe but my poor house..

We're alright...I'm just no longer scared anymore. There is nothing we can do more. We live in Sarasota but have been in Jacksonville...my family is safe but my poor house..
I understand. We were flooded too. We all face giants. Reach down and lead. Be strong for your family. You are capable of far more than you know.

Let's see if the boys can show some gumption like we do...frustratingly we're been hoping

Let's see if the boys can show some gumption like we do...frustratingly we're been hoping

Now that's what I'm talking about. Welcome back bro. We are Rebel. We are not just fans but a Rebel family with a developing new culture. I have a date with a blonde who wears my ring. Coke pop corn and facing giants. Before the Osu game. I plan to cheer so loud they can hear us from Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT