ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Bowl Projection

UNLVWINS

Lottery Pick
May 14, 2005
One of the dudes on ESPN has UNLV going to the Bad Boy Mowers Bowl in Florida. They have UNLV playing Southern Miss.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
That is a long way away. If UNLV goes to that bowl game, it would be tough for most of the fans to also go.

That is a long way away. If UNLV goes to that bowl game, it would be tough for most of the fans to also go.
True story, but ... well as I was typing this, I saw UNLVWINS took the words right off my keyboard. The youth on this team will benefit immensely from the couple weeks of bowl practice, where the 2013 bowl season, the most important players were almost all seniors (well, Caleb and Tim, along with most of the OL. I think DD was a jr that year) so we'll return some players who would potentially get 2 extra weeks of practice than teams below us in conference. *Hypothetically... need a win and an invite first*

If the Rebels win there is a good chance they are on the outside looking in at a bowl. If I'm not mistaken there are currently 71 bowl eligible schools for 78 spots with another 15 or so schools that could become eligible this weekend. If there are more than 78 eligible schools there probably aren't too many schools and no P5 schools that a bowl outside of the MWC tie ins that UNLV would be picked over.

How well a team travels would also be a considering factor. If I'm not mistaken, UNLV had trouble selling their allotment of tickets for the Heart of Dallas Bowl.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Winning at Reno is all I care about! That is the only part of the bowl talk that the team has control over. If they win and get skipped over, that is another chance to grow. Being minimally eligible is not good enough.

Reactions: ricovegas
I dont think we should be a bowl team this year. Even if we beat UNR, how many good teams did we beat this year ?? 1 FSU...losing to Howard negates that win.

I would just be happy with the 6-6 record and beating UNR and bringing the cannon home.

Our fan fans don’t travel for football. That is why we will not a get a bowl game. We only sold over 100 tickets for the last bowl game. We would lose major money on any Bowl game. Let’s just get the cannon back.

When they played at UCLA, a couple of thousand people went down to the game. The big question is if some of the other smaller programs would draw better then UNLV. It is for the seniors as much as for the fans!

There is a Rose Bowl in Pasadena can we go to that bowl? Easy travel to Southern Cal. :sunglasses:

I think we may be out of luck regarding a bowl game. Several 5-6 teams upset the favored teams today:

6-6 UCLA over 5-7 Cal UCLA in Cal out
6-6 Texas Tech win over 6-6 Texas Both teams are in needed Texas to win
6-6 Buffalo upset over 8-4 Ohio Buffalo qualifies in game they should have lost
6-6 Ole Miss wins over #14 Mississippi Ole Miss qualifies in a major upset

We need:
5-6 Louisiana Tech to lose -2
5-5 Louisiana ragin cajuns to lose -6 line
5-6 Temple to lose -3.5 line
5-6 Minnesota to lose +18 line
5-6 Duke to lose +11.5 line
5-6 Tulane to lose +8 line
5-6 Purdue to lose -2.5 line
5-5 Georgia Tech to lose +10.5 line

There are some other games with 5-6 teams, but it is two 5-6 teams playing each other, so one will lose.

Nobody’s going to travel for UNLV football.

Just being 6-6 is achievement enough but I’m not counting chickens

6-7 is a step forward

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT