ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Biggest Sports Moments in Vegas History

Boston Rebel 2

Retired Number
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2020

This list blows goats. UNLV winning a natty doesn’t even make the list?? Yeah ok you know nothing about Vegas. And POKER is number one?! Let’s forget for a moment that poker is not a sport, ahead of Hagler vs Hearns?? [roll]Also sorry but the LV Aces is not ahead of Tyson/Holyfield.

This list blows goats. UNLV winning a natty doesn’t even make the list?? Yeah ok you know nothing about Vegas. And POKER is number one?! Let’s forget for a moment that poker is not a sport, ahead of Hagler vs Hearns?? [roll]Also sorry but the LV Aces is not ahead of Tyson/Holyfield.

I read it and feel dumber for it.

Me too. Fan man was pretty funny though. Had never heard of it.

People can drag me for being a misogynist for this, but a WNBA player setting 3pt record is on the list for greatest sports moments here?

Maybe Aces winning a WNBA title. Ok fine no argument.

But for meaningful sporting moments

Golden Knights inaugural season home opener after October 1 shooting should be on that list. It set the table for one of the most memorable runs by an expansion team in any pro sport. Ever.

WNBA three point contest as #15? The writer is an idiot.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1

I believe winning the natty didn’t make it since these morons only did events that happened in vegas not vegas sports in general

In 10 years that will change unfortunately. Boxing is struggling and its sad to see.
Boxing and baseball are dead but boxing will always be king to me. Im going to Teofimo Lopez this Thursday at Mandalay Bay. I got floor seats!!!

Boxing is beyond Niche these days. The internet killed boxing. It’s still the greatest sport of all time IMO.

Boxing and baseball are dead but boxing will always be king to me. Im going to Teofimo Lopez this Thursday at Mandalay Bay. I got floor seats!!!

Boxing is beyond Niche these days. The internet killed boxing. It’s still the greatest sport of all time IMO.

Baseball is fine.

The contracts these dudes are signing kind of backs that up.

The new rules put in place have made it a better product.

Boxing though. Is in trouble with emergence of UFC.

I'm not a UFC hater it just doesn't interest me nearly as much as boxing once did. I appreciate the skill it takes, but I find the vast majority of the fights on the boring side.

Best/biggest fight you can probably make right now is Crawford vs Canelo and you're talking about one guy probably having to move up 20lbs to make it happen.

Reactions: RebelinWA
People can drag me for being a misogynist for this, but a WNBA player setting 3pt record is on the list for greatest sports moments here?

Maybe Aces winning a WNBA title. Ok fine no argument.

But for meaningful sporting moments

Golden Knights inaugural season home opener after October 1 shooting should be on that list. It set the table for one of the most memorable runs by an expansion team in any pro sport. Ever.
That 3 point record is frigging stupid. I would put someone winning the calf roping competition at NFR over that.

Seriously.

How World series of Poker is over Hagler Hearns is an abortion in its own right.
No lie, did someone forget to tell this guy Poker isn't a sport???? I would put Roy Munson beating Ernie McCracken in bowling over poker. At least you move in bowling. Oh right...that was Reno.

Baseball is fine.

The contracts these dudes are signing kind of backs that up.

The new rules put in place have made it a better product.

Boxing though. Is in trouble with emergence of UFC.

I'm not a UFC hater it just doesn't interest me nearly as much as boxing once did. I appreciate the skill it takes, but I find the vast majority of the fights on the boring side.

Best/biggest fight you can probably make right now is Crawford vs Canelo and you're talking about one guy probably having to move up 20lbs to make it happen.
I did a lot of martial arts for a long time, and was involved in a lot of ground fighting matches, and what I found with UFC or other MMA fights, was that the larger the fighter the more boring the fight. I found the best fights to watch are the lower weight males and the female fighters who both tend to use a lot more technique, more speed, and a lot less strength moves.

As for boxing, I think it has been on a downward spiral ever since Mike Tyson biting the ear of Evander Holyfield.

Reactions: RebelScrub
I did a lot of martial arts for a long time, and was involved in a lot of ground fighting matches, and what I found with UFC or other MMA fights, was that the larger the fighter the more boring the fight. I found the best fights to watch are the lower weight males and the female fighters who both tend to use a lot more technique, more speed, and a lot less strength moves.

As for boxing, I think it has been on a downward spiral ever since Mike Tyson biting the ear of Evander Holyfield.

I would say boxing struggling to find crossover star after De La Hoya was the beginning of the slide.

US not having a dynamic heavyweight champion another hurdle.

BJJ is an art like Bob Ross. Maybe it's a little fascinating but it's boring AF to watch.

I won 300 dollars in my first poker tournament when I lived in Northern California.

My bipolar energy..my last opponent was getting sleepy.

I had pocket 2’s and he had an ace, then another 2 came up on the flop.

Oh, how about we sub out one of the Aces achievement with Pac getting knocked out by Marquez in 2012?

I would say boxing struggling to find crossover star after De La Hoya was the beginning of the slide.

US not having a dynamic heavyweight champion another hurdle.
I did enjoy the last Fury/Wilder fight. Been liking what Usyk and Naoya have been doing. But yes, only one of those boxers was an American.

Its been awhile since I’ve been excited about a US boxer at any weight level. I haven’t paid to watch a fight live since covid took away my floor seats for Naoya/ Moloney.

• Love
Reactions: RebelScrub
When I was a kid I remember UNLV played the Russian national team in hoops at the Thomas and Mack. I didn't live in Las Vegas but that was an epic event. It was the Cold war days... Glorious victory for the rebs
It was the god damn Russians too. What was awesome, it was grown ass men playing grown ass men.

It was the god damn Russians too. What was awesome, it was grown ass men playing grown ass men.
A great game. Paddio and Ricky Rob were great. Even as a reb fan I realized we were calls from the refs that game.

Butler and Scurry saw the pregame fireworks show and signed the next day.

leading into the Super Bowl they did a special on Brent Musburger. I never realized that the last NCAA game that he ever called was our national championship game.

Reactions: reagan21
When I was a kid I remember UNLV played the Russian national team in hoops at the Thomas and Mack. I didn't live in Las Vegas but that was an epic event. It was the Cold war days... Glorious victory for the rebs
That game may have been LJ’s debut. He was unstoppable. Russians had no answers for him.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT