ADVERTISEMENT

Defense's Worst Game

DocRebel

Lottery Pick
Aug 9, 2003
The defense took a noticeable step backwards last night. Misdirection plays went for big gains. Tackling looked weaker. There was no pressure on Fresno's QB. And too many times our defensive front simply got blown off the line.

It was uninspired and disappointing football by the defense which otherwise had been playing great all season. And it was bad from the very first possession Fresno had in the opening quarter.

It was the Old Era rearing its ugly head again because Despite the poor play from Palandech and the offense, the defense should have controlled this game, pressured the QB, created a turnover or two, or at least made more plays on 3rd down. From a fan's perspective I want to see heart, attitude and fanatical effort (like we've been seeing) and that didn't happen this time. It's a shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: RebelBuzz
I agree not their best showing. Oddly enough it was still worlds better in comparison to anything we did last year. They looked on their heels at the start of the game. Seemed surprised by what Fresno was running, which is possible since there was little tape on rhis QB.

Pressuring the Qb has been an issue for us for years now. Unfortunately not going to get better this season I don't think. It will take getting some new recruits on the edge to help that situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT