ADVERTISEMENT

Compton has released his final list of schools

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
Being told it's us or SDSU at this point. The SDSU OV will play a big role in this decision. Micah Parrish is recruiting him hard and Taj is in his ear a lot too.

At this very moment, I'm confident we will seal the deal with our NIL. Can't speak on what it is obviously, but I'm very confident.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how serious Minnesota comes at Dutch this offseason... they're still a mess and I can't see them being much better this year... he's took SDSU really as far as he/Fish realistically could, they aren't getting that lucky again... that would certainly change a lot of things

Reactions: the Florian Trout
Will be interesting to see how serious Minnesota comes at Dutch this offseason... they're still a mess and I can't see them being much better this year... he's took SDSU really as far as he/Fish realistically could, they aren't getting that lucky again... that would certainly change a lot of things
I have a hard time believing that he would trade San Diego for the Twin Cities.

Even though Minnesota is in the Big Ten, can anybody realistically argue that their ceiling is higher? They couldn’t keep Jalen Suggs or Chet Holmgren or Reid Travis or JP Macura or Rashad Vaughn home. And many more.

I have a hard time believing that he would trade San Diego for the Twin Cities.

Even though Minnesota is in the Big Ten, can anybody realistically argue that their ceiling is higher? They couldn’t keep Jalen Suggs or Chet Holmgren or Reid Travis or JP Macura or Rashad Vaughn home. And many more.
2 arguments and they're only talking points rather than SD vs Minneapolis...

1. Dutch is a Minnesota grad. His Dad was a Minnesota coach... it's his Alma mater
2. No matter what Dutch does with SDSU, it will always still be seen as Fishers program and he will always be referred to as "long time Steve Fisher Assistant"... he's basically ridden Fishers coat tails till he retired and they still can't help but talk about Fisher...

Those are my only reasoning for why you'd ditch your established program for a chance in Minnesota...

1. Dutch is a Minnesota grad. His Dad was a Minnesota coach... it's his Alma mater
2. No matter what Dutch does with SDSU, it will always still be seen as Fishers program and he will always be referred to as "long time Steve Fisher Assistant"... he's basically ridden Fishers coat tails till he retired and they still can't help but talk about Fisher...

Those are my only reasoning for why you'd ditch your established program for a chance in Minnesota...

Minnesota winters have to suck though.

Plus.

1. He's lived in San Diego for 18 years.
2. His job is totally secure.
3. He turns 64 next month. I understand Joe Biden is breaking in a new Frontier of working for the aged, but when you reach Dutch's age there is a load to be said for staying put.

What is in Minnesota? I've never been anywhere close to there so its a serious question. Is there good food or nice attractions or sights to see?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
What is in Minnesota? I've never been anywhere close to there so its a serious question. Is there good food or nice attractions or sights to see?
Mall of America, snow, and when it warms up, lakes.

The people are about as unsophisticated as can be. Sorta like snow loving loving backwoods rednecks with a slightly higher IQ and better demeanor. A more civilized Renoite. That’s been my impression when I’ve gone. Food was garbage.

But the towns do have a quiet quaintness to it.

Just my experience. Have only been there 4 or 5 times.

If you’ve seen Fargo, granted, different state … but that’s kinda the vibe of the people.

Plus.

1. He's lived in San Diego for 18 years.
2. His job is totally secure.
3. He turns 64 next month. I understand Joe Biden is breaking in a new Frontier of working for the aged, but when you reach Dutch's age there is a load to be said for staying put.
I met a former fighter pilot who is 93 years old the other day. He wore a polo shirt and jeans and wanted something that was purely cosmetic. If you look at him and view his medical history you would never guess he is a day older than late 50's. Sometimes and for some people who lives a healthy lifestyle, age is just.a number.
I have moved out of Las Vegas since 1993. Sure I visit quite frequently but I dont lives here anymore..but I still called Vegas "home". That is where I went to schools and grow up. I have family members that are buried here. Home.

I only visited there briefly on my way driving from Portland, Oregon to Boston, Massachusetts. One of the most scenic state and cleanest you will ever seen. Mall of America is still the biggest mall in the United States. People who lives there actually want to move back after they lives in places like Florida, Massachusetts etc...They have great foods, great restaurants..plenty of outdoor stuffs. It is cold in the winter but it is beautiful.

I only visited there briefly on my way driving from Portland, Oregon to Boston, Massachusetts. One of the most scenic state and cleanest you will ever seen. Mall of America is still the biggest mall in the United States. People who lives there actually want to move back after they lives in places like Florida, Massachusetts etc...They have great foods, great restaurants..plenty of outdoor stuffs. It is cold in the winter but it is beautiful.
This is all True. The state is flat and there are loads of lakes. Lots of fishing, water skiing and ice fishing etc. Winter sports ( like snowmobiling). Minneapolis is like any other Midwest city. Several museums, good restaurants and quite a few craft beer places. All the major pro sports ( and tickets are relatively available). I was there last year and downtown seems a little more sketchy than is has been, but that goes for most cities.

I’ve never been there either. I don’t think I could point it on the map either.

I just know the Twins, the black coach who sucked in college basketball, Prince and the Vikings.

Most scenic state? You got to be kidding. Yes, lots of good lakes in the 3 months of summer, bit that is it. Lived 40 years in Minneapolis area and we have ultra high taxes with very little to show for it. And yes, I want to move, but 3 small grandkids close, so wife will not leave.

Biggest mosquitos in America!
I'd have to compare for myself and I don't want to.

My first "summer" in Alaska, I was playing a futbol (soccer for you yanks....I mean us yanks) match (game for us) outdoors. Teammates asked me if I wanted OFF to protect me from those fothermucking mosquitoes and I used some for my neck (had long sleeve shirt and shin guards and socks with long shorts, totally safe I thought).

Turns out, those POS latched on to my socks and sucked me alive. Grand total of 67 times I was bitten. 32 and 35 for each calf. The pain that night was something else.

Mall of America, snow, and when it warms up, lakes.

The people are about as unsophisticated as can be. Sorta like snow loving loving backwoods rednecks with a slightly higher IQ and better demeanor. A more civilized Renoite. That’s been my impression when I’ve gone. Food was garbage.

But the towns do have a quiet quaintness to it.

Just my experience. Have only been there 4 or 5 times.

If you’ve seen Fargo, granted, different state … but that’s kinda the vibe of the people.
They put a former WWF performer - Jesse "The Body" Ventura - into the governor's mansion, and Saturday Night Live's self-help guru Stuart Smalley - Al Franken - into the US Senate. Oh, and they torched one of the largest employers in the state. Draw your own conclusions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT