ADVERTISEMENT

Final 4 List

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
We made the Final 4 for Mykel Patterson-McDonald but like @Vegas_Sooner21 said, dont expect anything out of this.

I was just told by 2 people that Mykel went live on Instagram after he dropped his list and said that the editor forgot to even add us on his final list of schools, so thats very telling.

Oklahoma .. but at least we are on the edit and more kids will see that .. but none the less I think the ‘24 year is gonna be special
The fact he kept his word and visited is a testament to the relationship the staff has built with he and the people around him. I’ve been told that if OU were not in picture UNLV would be at or very near the top of the list. The relationships Odom has in that region will pay dividends down the road. Just didn’t work out this time.

This is a great PR for the program’s future. I have a feeling the 24 class could be something special.

Reactions: LVRebel2000

Now that this is over and done with I can shed some light on the recruitment. MPM loved UNLV and I was told had OU not been in the picture he was coming out west and going to UNLV 100%. That region is littered with talent and I’m excited to see what those relationships yield us in the future. On a separate note, OU is starting to do serious damage here locally. Obviously our Home Grown guy Demarco Murray is at OU coaching and his connections are really helping them. The 2025 class has a couple elite kids heavily considering OU. The OL from Gorman and the White linebacker whose name escapes me right now from Arbor View. Really need to try and lock these guy down. Getting those 4 stars to stay home and play will be that next hurdle to clear imo.

Last edited:
To add more credibility and context here’s a caption from one of the commitment articles. Don’t let anyone tell you UNLV was just an afterthought.

“I knew about two weeks ago,” said Patterson-McDonald of his decision to play at OU. “Throughout the whole thing, I was really close with UNLV. I was real close to pulling the plug and committing; it was getting there. Because the relationship I had with Coach [Damon] Magazu there, it was incredible. We have an amazing relationship. [But] I wanted to go play against the best, and OU is the best opportunity.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
If we are ranking 1A to Oklahoma, I can’t say anything but positives about the staff for that.

Maybe we get this kid if he decides to transfer.

Thanks for the insight, @Vegas_Sooner21 !
It’s very impressive. If Mykel wasn’t linked so closely with 5 star DT David Stone which OU is offering ~250k annually for then this one likely goes UNLVs way. OU couldn’t afford to lose David Stone so if they needed to go all out on Mykel that’s what they were going to do.

Now that this is over and done with I can shed some light on the recruitment. MPM loved UNLV and I was told had OU not been in the picture he was coming out west and going to UNLV 100%. That region is littered with talent and I’m excited to see what those relationships yield us in the future. On a separate note, OU is starting to do serious damage here locally. Obviously our Home Grown guy Demarco Murray is at OU coaching and his connections are really helping them. The 2025 class has a couple elite kids heavily considering OU. The OL from Gorman and the White linebacker whose name escapes me right now from Arbor View. Really need to try and lock these guy down. Getting those 4 stars to stay home and play will be that next hurdle to clear imo.
Thatcher is the linebacker from Arbor and kid is a stud!! Have no idea if we really have a shot but if so he would be biggest recruit in history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT