ADVERTISEMENT

Commits/Recruits AAU and HS Season Discussion

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
I will be posting in this thread from now on to discuss commits/recruits and their games.

Nike EYBL Peach Jam:
I watched all of the Paul George Elite game, but didnt get to catch all of Team Why Not or Vegas Elite. Evans and Stephen play for Paul George Elite, Compton runs with Vegas Elite, and Sensley plays for Team Why Not. Here's my breakdown:

James Evans - 20 points, 6 reb, 2 ast & 2 stl. Was also the primary defender on the #42 player in the nation and gave him fits all game. He only scored 4 points all game on Evans and was whining. He did not look like he wanted to be out there against Evans at all.

Emmanuel Stephen - 6 points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 11 blocks. Affected probably 20-25 shots. Just a monster on the defensive end. He can really improve on offense; has a little trouble handling the ball in the paint and takes some plays off. Gets frustrated and lets that affect his game at times.

Zion Sensley - 11 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 blocks, and 1 steal. Very smooth and lets the game come to him.

Pharaoh Compton - 6 points, 1 rebound. Underwhelming game for him; was in foul trouble early.

I will be posting in this thread from now on to discuss commits/recruits and their games.

Nike EYBL Peach Jam:
I watched all of the Paul George Elite game, but didnt get to catch all of Team Why Not or Vegas Elite. Evans and Stephen play for Paul George Elite, Compton runs with Vegas Elite, and Sensley plays for Team Why Not. Here's my breakdown:

James Evans - 20 points, 6 reb, 2 ast & 2 stl. Was also the primary defender on the #42 player in the nation and gave him fits all game. He only scored 4 points all game on Evans. Evans also made him whine all game; he looked like he didnt want to be out there.

Emmanuel Stephen - 6 points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 11 blocks. Affected probably 20-25 shots. Just a monster on the defensive end. He can really improve on offense; has a little trouble handling the ball in the paint and takes some plays off. Gets frustrated and lets that affect his game at times.

Zion Sensley - 11 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 blocks, and 1 steal. Very smooth and lets the game come to him.

Pharaoh Compton - 6 points, 1 rebound. Underwhelming game for him; was in foul trouble early.
those stats say a lot for each player. 14 rebounds and 11 blocks for Stephen?

I remember one game where JR Rider scored like 50 pts in the first half at Antelope Valley CC and the coach took him out for the rest of the game. Those stats are that ridiculous. But not as ridiculous as Shawn Marion dunk from the free throw line at JC All-Stars game while he was at Vincennes.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Had the pleasure of being at PP that day. Greedy before he hit TCU, ironically where Lee Nailon got ejected for punching rebs 1st min of game same year i think
Smacked Mark Dickel pretty squarely and Dickel just absorbed it, didn’t react, and UNLV went on to kick their ranked ass.

Leadership and poise. And then focus.

Nike EYBL Peach Jam:

James Evans - 20 points, 6 reb, 2 ast & 2 stl. Was also the primary defender on the #42 player in the nation and gave him fits all game. He only scored 4 points all game on Evans and was whining. He did not look like he wanted to be out there against Evans at all.

Great to hear that Evans brings it on both ends of the floor!

I hope these project bigs are patient with learning how to play the college post position. They won't get points simply by being taller than everyone else. Need to learn some moves and shots. That takes time and sometimes it's best to develop with the same coaches and staff, not move to other programs.

Thanks for the updates!

Compton finished with 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 turnover, and 4 fouls in 7 minutes today. He has not had a great showing at Peach Jam. Gives great effort, but it looks like the game is moving too fast for him right now when he plays top level comp in AAU. Vegas Elite lost by 1.

Evans had 6pts, a game-leading 8rebs, 3asts, 2stls, & 1 blk and played 30 out of 32 minutes. Was very disruptive defensively. His team beat a very good Expressions Elite team.

Emmanuel Stephen: 7 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks in 17 minutes. Picked up a second technical foul in as many games. Was very emotional today and argues every call against him. Needs to get that in check before his emotions cost his team a game.

Yesterday's stats:

Zion Sensley had 7pts, 6rebs, 1ast. Also had the game winning putback with 2 seconds remaining.

James Evans: 9pts, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 1 block, 2 steals

Emmanuel Stephen: 8 points, 10 rebounds, 1 block, 4 fouls

Pharaoh Compton: 6 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists in 14 minutes. No foul trouble this game.

Have things cooled on Aiden Sherrell? He would be my top C/PF target for 24.

I think I just watched the best high school player at any class. A sophomore named AJ Devanza (sp). He'll be a Prolific Prep next year.

Have things cooled on Aiden Sherrell? He would be my top C/PF target for 24.
He abused Stephen on both end. Sherrell is a much better player. Compton and Sherrell up front would be a combination that I would love.

Reactions: NSU67
Today's stats:

Sensley: 8pts, 6rebs, & 2ast in 19mins
Evans: 8pts, 3rebs, 4ast, & 1stl in 20mins
Stephen: 10pts, 10rebs, 1ast, & 5blks in 27mins
Maker: 8pts, 10rebs, 2blks, & 2stl in 20mins
Compton: 15pts & 5rebs in 14mins
Sherrell: 20pts, 8rebs, & 1stl in 20mins

Appreciate the updates. Are you watching their games? If so who impressed you the most?

Appreciate the updates. Are you watching their games? If so who impressed you the most?
I'm watching around 80 percent of the games.

Evans is very impressive and always puts up solid scoring games even as the 4th option. He runs with 3 top 50 prospects and is always able to put up 8-10 points and contributes in all the other columns as well so I really like that. Could put up 20 if he played with a worse team. I've seen him play in high school too and he was also on a loaded team and still did his damage. I like him long term for us. 2-3 years in Vegas and hes in the league. He is the star on his hs team this season; will be in the running for state player of the year imo.

Sherrell is really good, maybe the most versatile big in the country. Crazy array of post moves and can shoot it all the way out to the 3 point line. Plays on a loaded team; has 6 teammates that are high major.

Compton has been a mixed bag this spring and summer. Gets into foul trouble and doesnt really have any type of offensive game. Just dunks/putbacks/great energy. Monster on the defensive end though and a terror in transition. Has lapses and disappears sometimes. Has the tendency to play single digit minute games because he is just not all there in the head at times. However, when he is focused, he will dunk on anyone in the country and let them know about it.

Stephen: Plays with Evans. Not high on him anymore. Watched all 5 of his games and he is way too emotional. Argues every single call and got T'd up in 3 games. Takes plays off and isnt as active as he should be and he still puts up solid stats. Cant teach effort and its hard to teach someone how to reel their emotions in. However, i think he is a target we can get. I just need to see improvement. he blocks everything in sight.

Sensley is very smooth. DJ and Evans are recruiting him hard. I talked to him a little and he will be narrowing down his list very soon. Sensley can really score and affects the game in all aspects, terrible rebounder and long lanky defender. Isnt as active all the time, but he is a very good prospect. Perfect 3 and D player.

My priorities list:
1. Sherrell - obviously would love to get a player like him. ive been told a lot about his recruitment and things are a little muggy right now. Priority: 5/10
2. Sensley - 9/10 considering both DJ and Evans are talking to him a lot
3. Compton - 10/10, would be a perfect fit along DJ and Evans. Both are recruiting him hard too
4. Stephen - 5/10

those stats say a lot for each player. 14 rebounds and 11 blocks for Stephen?

I remember one game where JR Rider scored like 50 pts in the first half at Antelope Valley CC and the coach took him out for the rest of the game. Those stats are that ridiculous. But not as ridiculous as Shawn Marion dunk from the free throw line at JC All-Stars game while he was at Vincennes.
Lol are you comparing NBA legends to high school kids in 2023?

I'm watching around 80 percent of the games.

Evans is very impressive and always puts up solid scoring games even as the 4th option. He runs with 3 top 50 prospects and is always able to put up 8-10 points and contributes in all the other columns as well so I really like that. Could put up 20 if he played with a worse team. I've seen him play in high school too and he was also on a loaded team and still did his damage. I like him long term for us. 2-3 years in Vegas and hes in the league. He is the star on his hs team this season; will be in the running for state player of the year imo.

Sherrell is really good, maybe the most versatile big in the country. Crazy array of post moves and can shoot it all the way out to the 3 point line. Plays on a loaded team; has 6 teammates that are high major.

Compton has been a mixed bag this spring and summer. Gets into foul trouble and doesnt really have any type of offensive game. Just dunks/putbacks/great energy. Monster on the defensive end though and a terror in transition. Has lapses and disappears sometimes. Has the tendency to play single digit minute games because he is just not all there in the head at times. However, when he is focused, he will dunk on anyone in the country and let them know about it.

Stephen: Plays with Evans. Not high on him anymore. Watched all 5 of his games and he is way too emotional. Argues every single call and got T'd up in 3 games. Takes plays off and isnt as active as he should be and he still puts up solid stats. Cant teach effort and its hard to teach someone how to reel their emotions in. However, i think he is a target we can get. I just need to see improvement. he blocks everything in sight.

Sensley is very smooth. DJ and Evans are recruiting him hard. I talked to him a little and he will be narrowing down his list very soon. Sensley can really score and affects the game in all aspects, terrible rebounder and long lanky defender. Isnt as active all the time, but he is a very good prospect. Perfect 3 and D player.

My priorities list:
1. Sherrell - obviously would love to get a player like him. ive been told a lot about his recruitment and things are a little muggy right now. Priority: 5/10
2. Sensley - 9/10 considering both DJ and Evans are talking to him a lot
3. Compton - 10/10, would be a perfect fit along DJ and Evans. Both are recruiting him hard too
4. Stephen - 5/10
First thanks for the info! Also, I would be happy with any of the players you mentioned, warts and all. You have to remember approximately 5 years ago TJ was inking Martinez and Tellis. The players KK are recruiting right now are a massive upgrade! Thanks.

First thanks for the info! Also, I would be happy with any of the players you mentioned, warts and all. You have to remember approximately 5 years ago TJ was inking Martinez and Tellis. The players KK are recruiting right now are a massive upgrade! Thanks.
To be fair, 4 years ago he was inking Kaluma and Collins...

Vegas Elite in Peach Jam final on ESPNU tomorrow. #3 center, Duke Commit, Syracuse Commit, Providence PG commit face off vs our local team. Coach is there. We lost on first day to this team at Peach Jam. Didn't see final score but center was 6 for 8. Dominates every team and has about 24 offers. We have great talent in SW and this will be a barn burner.

1. Quarterfinal win for VEBC:
Sherrell: 20pts, 5reb, 1ast, 1blk, & 2stl in 23 minutes
Compton: 2pts, 3reb, 1stl in 7 mins

2. Semifinal win for VEBC:
Sherrell: 15pts, 3reb, 2stl in 17mins
Compton: 13pts, 6reb, 1blk in 13mins

They take on Team Takeover tomorrow in a rematch. They lost by a point on the second day of pool play

3.Sensley's first game: 17,9,1 in 20mins
Sensley's second game: 11,5,4, 1stl in 19mins

4. Maker: 5pts, 9reb, 1blk, 1stl in 29mins. Was very active and affected probably about 10 shots.

They play against each other tomorrow in the PIT chip.

Vegas Elite in Peach Jam final on ESPNU tomorrow. #3 center, Duke Commit, Syracuse Commit, Providence PG commit face off vs our local team. Coach is there. We lost on first day to this team at Peach Jam. Didn't see final score but center was 6 for 8. Dominates every team and has about 24 offers. We have great talent in SW and this will be a barn burner.
That team could beat some lower level college teams. They actually runs plays.

Based upon this tournament, I would say this. Cooper Flagg is the best player regard of skin colour or class right NOW. But "potentially and according to his movements" ...that kid AJ DeBanza or Vanza...is the best I have seen since Ed O'bannon. He is 16 but he should reclassify to 24 if he have enough credits....LET'S GO! I WOULD pay watching him vs Flagg play.
Nationally, I would ranked this way for top 3: 1. Flagg 2. AJ 3. Cam Boozer

Last edited:
Reactions: billd99s
Based upon this tournament, I would say this. Cooper Flagg is the best player regard of skin colour or class right NOW. But "potentially and according to his movements" ...that kid AJ DeBanza or Vanza...is the best I have seen since Ed O'bannon. He is 16 but he should reclassify to 24 if he have enough credits....LET'S GO! I WOULD pay watching him vs Flagg play.
Max has seen him (Flagg) a lot. The kid is originally from where he’s at, Maine. He absolutely loves everything about the kid from his talent to his mindset to his coachability. He’s still so young, you know how that goes, they can plateau and such.

Sorry. Coach Good.
Man dude, he saw LeBron and he didn't go over and say hello....I dont know about his mental aspect. If I was able to, I would love to do a shoot around or something with LBJ after the game.

Man dude, he saw LeBron and he didn't go over and say hello....I dont know about his mental aspect. If I was able to, I would love to do a shoot around or something with LBJ after the game.
Coach Good? He’s always been a little bit nuts but he hasn’t lost a step mentally. My dad and Max are the same age, huge difference.

Nationally, I would ranked this way for top 3: 1. Flagg 2. AJ 3. Cam Boozer
AJ is the best player to me because he is so young and played up 2 years. Him and Stokes played up two years and both impressed. Flagg is very good, but I would have liked to see him play up. I know his reasons for playing where he is, but damn. I needed to see him play AJ.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
To be fair, 4 years ago he was inking Kaluma and Collins...
I am referring to his second class. Wasn’t Martinez and Tellis his second class? I understand the difficulty with being a new hire and the first class.

AJ is the best player to me because he is so young and played up 2 years. Him and Stokes played up two years and both impressed. Flagg is very good, but I would have liked to see him play up. I know his reasons for playing where he is, but damn. I needed to see him play AJ.
Right now, Flagg would destroy AJ but eventually, I think AJ will surpass him. Flagg going to Mt. Verde is a sold out to me. He should stick in Maine like Larry Legend did in Indiana. Money will come, that mental edge the great ones hold above all of their peers are indispensable. To be fair, AJ is heading to Cali powerhouse too...

Yesterday's stats:

Zion Sensley had 7pts, 6rebs, 1ast. Also had the game winning putback with 2 seconds remaining.

James Evans: 9pts, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 1 block, 2 steals

Emmanuel Stephen: 8 points, 10 rebounds, 1 block, 4 fouls

Pharaoh Compton: 6 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists in 14 minutes. No foul trouble this game.
James Evans need a lot of work. He should look at the old Rick Fox's videos and model after that. Too lethargic. He have some nice skillset so there is that.

Coach Good? He’s always been a little bit nuts but he hasn’t lost a step mentally. My dad and Max are the same age, huge difference.
I am talking about Flagg. The kid is the best player at Peach this year.

I am talking about Flagg. The kid is the best player at Peach this year.
Reminds me of Jerry West when I see his jump shot. The kid that beat Elite is going to Duke. We will see him again. Great shooters on all the teams.

Reminds me of Jerry West when I see his jump shot. The kid that beat Elite is going to Duke. We will see him again. Great shooters on all the teams.
I am too young for Jerry West's era. I was too young for the Magic's and Larry Legends days at Indy State and MSU....This Flagg kid can carry a team. I assume that what Magic and Bird did? AJ is trying to but he's only a Sophomore. AJ better get his mental right because Flagg got it all.

I am too young for Jerry West's era. I was too young for the Magic's and Larry Legends days at Indy State and MSU....This Flagg kid can carry a team. I assume that what Magic and Bird did? AJ is trying to but he's only a Sophomore. AJ better get his mental right because Flagg got it all.
I used Pete Maravich film's for shooting classes with my teams. We would watch Elgin and West looking for release point, follow through, and always remembered Pistol's discussion of looking at the bottom of the rim farthest from you and keeping your arm straight, no matter what the body underneath is doing.

I used Pete Maravich film's for shooting classes with my teams. We would watch Elgin and West looking for release point, follow through, and always remembered Pistol's discussion of looking at the bottom of the rim farthest from you and keeping your arm straight, no matter what the body underneath is doing.
It is perfect. The visualisation before the action is perfect for everything, not just basketball. I have always double, triple, quadruple check everything ...Praying.

Reactions: billd99s
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT