ADVERTISEMENT

Carol Harter passes away at 82

Isn't there a verse in a song that goes" only the good die young"?
And she was old AF.

Was absolutely terrible for athletics. An attention whore when we had success, looked to throw people under the bus at other times. Instead of minding her own business and sticking to the academic side … she put her nose where it didn’t belong … like so many know nothing about the business of sports and competition academic types …. but when they hire a drunken racist like Charlie C, it’s not like athletics was being taken care of either.

I’m still glad I got to tell her to her face exactly how I felt about her. Even way back then I was too old to candy coat things, just shoot it straight ahead and tell her exactly what I thought of her. And in front of people. Still can picture her frozen wicked witch wrinkled reaction …

Academic types had an integral role in the devastation of UNLV athletics. She was one of several bad guys.

When Maxson finally croaks, I’m sure I’ll shed tears then, as well.

Only conversation I ever had or was part of was at the Embassy Suites in Nashville the night before Bill Self and Tulsa boat raced UNLV in the tourney. Embassy Suites has a nightly free happy hour, I was there with two friends we were young not too far removed from college, so we were accumulating empty beer cups as well as several more full beers for the table before the free beer ended. So we had quite a few cups both empty and full on the table. She walks up very serious and says “hey guys, watch how much you drink”. My buddy says “who the F are you” she just walked away.

Reactions: Trax0r and Doneoett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT