ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Transfer RB Damien Moore offered

True just being hope full but not expecting anything. Staff looks good on paper but doesn’t mean nothing to many failed years

Yeah wasn't trying to be a downer, but for me it's the biggest need area.

I think Odom has a good defensive mind. I'm not saying you don't need some dudes in the defensive side, but I think schematically you can cover up more shortcomings on defense than you can on offense.

Rocky Long made a career of making QBs uncomfortable just by the number of different looks his defense gave them with his 3-3-5. Odom said in an interview he likes an odd front with three high safeties (similar to Long).

Yeah wasn't trying to be a downer, but for me it's the biggest need area.

I think Odom has a good defensive mind. I'm not saying you don't need some dudes in the defensive side, but I think schematically you can cover up more shortcomings on defense than you can on offense.

Rocky Long made a career of making QBs uncomfortable just by the number of different looks his defense gave them with his 3-3-5. Odom said in an interview he likes an odd front with three high safeties (similar to Long).
I get ya I’m right there. Not so much a downer but legit concerns. I like the staff but haven’t seen anything that makes me believe they are looking to win now all their offers have been to project players. I want to see some instant impact players being looked at that legitimately have a real shot getting here.

Agreed! I mentioned the same thing on one of the other threads that most of the recruits appear to be JC players that they will need to coach up!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I get ya I’m right there. Not so much a downer but legit concerns. I like the staff but haven’t seen anything that makes me believe they are looking to win now all their offers have been to project players. I want to see some instant impact players being looked at that legitimately have a real shot getting here.

Yeah, that's fair. In years past I'd be really worried at what we had at early signing period.

Now with the portal, recruiting really never ends. There will be another crop of guys that drop off and enter the portal after Spring.

Odom did well according to Missouri and Arkansas fans at making those project guys into contributors.

We'll see.

I think they've retained enough off of previous roster to contend for bowl eligibility.

What I think will be really interesting to watch is which QB picks up Petrino's system the quickest Bailey or Doug.

The good thing is that Petrino has had success with multiple types of QBs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT