ADVERTISEMENT

Budget Shortfall on the new Facility

RebelMan5000

Conference POY
Jun 20, 2018
https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...of-funds-to-finish-fertitta-football-complex/

Due to cost overruns, UNLV is now $5-7 million short to finish the whole thing. They are going to proceed and finish everything except the coaches offices on the 2nd floor until they have the money. A bit frustrating, but not the end of the world I guess. Maybe those all you can eat nachos will drive some ticket revenue to make up for the shortfall.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...of-funds-to-finish-fertitta-football-complex/

Due to cost overruns, UNLV is now $5-7 million short to finish the whole thing. They are going to proceed and finish everything except the coaches offices on the 2nd floor until they have the money. A bit frustrating, but not the end of the world I guess. Maybe those all you can eat nachos will drive some ticket revenue to make up for the shortfall.
I'm guessing the cost was underestimated due to labor and product cost, not a lack of thoughtfulness with the project. Because of all the construction in the valley, workers/unions and suppliers are probably able to get a little more than usual financially. When the project was originally spec'd out, materials especially were probably cheaper.

Either way, as you said... not a huge deal. As long as the thing continues to move forward and doesn't hit a halt that entirely prevents the building from being used, I'm good. Maybe by the time it is intended to open in Spring (or whatever it is) there will be additional funds to continue the second floor and get the coaches out of the Lied!

not too concerned about this, I am sure we get additional funding from donors and with the governor election coming up. I will not be surprised if state money will also be used to finish the project.

Tony S will find a way. We have to start shaming Shelly Adelson net worth 40 Billion + He should be stepping up basically he's a monopoly in Vegas. Come on Shelly can't take it with you give it up football facilities, medical building etc

Tony S will find a way. We have to start shaming Shelly Adelson net worth 40 Billion + He should be stepping up basically he's a monopoly in Vegas. Come on Shelly can't take it with you give it up football facilities, medical building etc

I think we should shame Mark Davis and the Raiders. They could give back a little of what they take from Room Revenue Tax and kick it UNLV's way. Look how much the VGK owners Bill Foley and the Maloofs have helped the UNLV Rebel Hockey team.

I think we should shame Mark Davis and the Raiders. They could give back a little of what they take from Room Revenue Tax and kick it UNLV's way. Look how much the VGK owners Bill Foley and the Maloofs have helped the UNLV Rebel Hockey team.

Nice thought and I respect you. But, not going to happen. The $$$ will come from other sources.

I just want to know how in the world it costs 5-7 million to finish off the coaches offices when the shell is in place.

I had another thought. I think Coach Sanchez & DRF should go after Chip Findlay & family. They owe UNLV big time for destroying the basketball program by demanding Rice be fired mid-season & that Todd Simon be made Interim Head Coach over Stacey Augmon. The least they could do would be to kick in some money to make it up to UNLV for all they cost them.

The simple fact is that the cost of construction has jumped 20-30% over the last year, and that wasn't budgeted for in the cost estimate. Win games, and people will donate the money needed to finish the second floor.

The simple fact is that the cost of construction has jumped 20-30% over the last year, and that wasn't budgeted for in the cost estimate. Win games, and people will donate the money needed to finish the second floor.
A bowl appearance could go a long way. Some good will with the fans, with the city. Have to captivate to a degree and that only comes with winning.

The schedule screams bowl eligibility.

Not political, just not very smart or informed. Cost have gone up because everyone is busy and there are more jobs out there than companies need, so the cost of business increases. I have increased my proposal fees by 50-70% over the last two years, and the same has occurred across the board!.

Not political, just not very smart or informed. Cost have gone up because everyone is busy and there are more jobs out there than companies need, so the cost of business increases. I have increased my proposal fees by 50-70% over the last two years, and the same has occurred across the board!.
Now don't go adding logic into the thread it's just not right at least around here lately. Why should we let little things like facts get in the way.

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT