ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News --- Cronin tells UNLV 'No!' (confimed)

Rebel_Westgate

Walk On
Jan 9, 2016
Late night discussions have been occurring and I was contacted late evening that tomorrow morning UNLV with many people including a major player involved who is arriving in Las Vegas in the AM to discuss the coaching search.

Was told Cronin told UNLV he is no longer interested however was told for sure Cronin was never offered a contract.

Next step. The big coach. And everyone involved believes this will be turning point. Many are extremely excited and this is really their #1 choice.

Stay tuned.

The 9th grade sentence structure does not help the case for validity, though I will be the first to eat crow if I am wrong about you. Here's to hoping for us to feel elated about something.

Someone hashed this on Twitter and linked it back to here. Likely Westgate looking for more attention

Late night discussions have been occurring and I was contacted late evening that tomorrow morning UNLV with many people including a major player involved who is arriving in Las Vegas in the AM to discuss the coaching search.

Was told Cronin told UNLV he is no longer interested however was told for sure Cronin was never offered a contract.

Next step. The big coach. And everyone involved believes this will be turning point. Many are extremely excited and this is really their #1 choice.

Stay tuned.

TKM told a reporter that Cronin and his agent were reviewing a contract.

Until proved wrong Westgate you get the benefit of the doubt though.

I guess we'll have a better idea about his sources if Cronin does say no and they come up with a better name.

Well all I can say is if Westgate was taking an educated guess that Cronin was going to decline UNLV's offer, then he was taking a hell of a risk of criticism from this board if he was wrong. So I'll just sit back and wait and see if any other names other than Lavin or Menzies surface, because I have trouble believing either of them were UNLV's 1st choice over Cronin. Personally, I say we go with Augmon and let's end this goat rodeo.

Just like the news of rice being terminated. You heard it here first. Thanks west gate. Haters gonna hate.
When Cronin left without a signed contract, I think it was safe to assume that he was not going to take the job. This was a leverage play on his part.

Westgate is right again. Like I said, Westgate should be given benefit of the doubt until proven wrong but scratch that. Westgate has been right so much that we should start taking him/her very seriously.

When Cronin left without a signed contract, I think it was safe to assume that he was not going to take the job. This was a leverage play on his part.
"assume", but Westgate didn't say he believes or it looks as if, he stated it as fact. Like I said, nobody knew yesterday for a fact what Cronin was going to do, so for him to come here 8 hrs before the decision was announced and state something as a fact is pretty risky if you didn't know it was for sure.

Westgate hedges his bets by not naming who the 'other' coach or give any information on. Give the 2nd name before it's announced on social media. $.02

Reactions: j. spilotro
Westgate is a joke
Says the conf board guy. You guys just hate the fact that you're paying $10 a month for information that he posts for free. Reminds me of a line by Matt Damon in the bar scene from Goodwill hunting

So thr "BREAKING NEWS" is that the previous thread was correct? These posts are becoming comedy gold...

BTW, I see someone already ,mentioned it, but I have to say that when I read his previous post stating that an announcement would be forthcoming, and there were 2 coaches being considered and one of them was Cronin, he had left himself in the position that, 1) Cronin gets the job and he can proclaim his stellar track-record intact, or 2) He doesn't get it, and whoever ultimately becomes our new coach, that's mystery guest #2. It's an old con, but still works, I guess...

Reactions: j. spilotro
Westgate 1
Spilotro 0

So far westgates proving you guys wrong. End result more important

Reactions: ThailandReb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT