ADVERTISEMENT

Bigger Bowl Game?

dcut03

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
Obviously the Las Vegas bowl game against Arkansas was bigger deal than the Heart of Dallas bowl against UNT.

Where does this bowl stack up do you think?

Arkansas is a SEC school with a bigger name, but they were that great at the time, and the SEC wasn't as dominant at the time either.

Kansas was ranked most of the year and beat some legit good team this year. They historically have not been a good football program, but I think it is safe to say that this Kansas team is a better and more relevant team than the Arkansas team we played 20 years ago at least within the season.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Obviously the Las Vegas bowl game against Arkansas was bigger deal than the Heart of Dallas bowl against UNT.

Where does this bowl stack up do you think?

Arkansas is a SEC school with a bigger name, but they were that great at the time, and the SEC wasn't as dominant at the time either.

Kansas was ranked most of the year and beat some legit good team this year. They historically have not been a good football program, but I think it is safe to say that this Kansas team is a better and more relevant team than the Arkansas team we played 20 years ago at least within the season.
I think this is pretty close to equivalent, maybe a little better than the LV Bowl appearance.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Considering Kansas is a Cinderella story along with UNLV this year, this is a great matchup for UNLV win or lose. Of course, I would love to see UNLV win! Season ticket sales for UNLV football are at stake for next season. A win could be a nice boost to attendance going into next season. 30K plus would be a nice goal to shoot for next season. When you count the MWC championship game, UNLV averaged just under 25K per game this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT