ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Chances

UNLVWINS

Lottery Pick
May 14, 2005
The Air Force game will play a major factor if we are going to a bowl this year. I think we can win this game!! If our defense can figure out the triple option. I would hate to be 2-4 with 6 games left. We will see how it plays out.

Air force is a huge game but to be able to beat Air Force you need a very disciplined defense and we don't have one. I hope we win but doubting this one I actually think this is the toughest game we have left.

I think every game left on the schedule is in the winnable/toss up category.

This may be the most difficult game left. So losing here would not be the end of our bowl chances.

As for our defense being undisciplined? Not sure about that. They seem to be running the plays as called and being where they are supposed to be, we just play so conservatively that we give up wide open plays.

We do miss many tackles. That may be more of a technique thing vs discipline. Maybe both.

They just have to call the right plays and be well prepared. They practiced the triple option defense specifically all the way back in camp. We will see it twice this year. Hopefully they will be prepared.

And truthfully, being less aggressive helps against the triple option. You are less likely to be burned from the pitch out if you sit back a little and stay on assignment.

We will have many chances late in the year to become bowl eligible. After Air Force.

Utah St Tossup New Mexico Loss
Hawaii Win. Fresno St slight Tossup
BYU Tossup. Unr Tossup because it is up there

Air force is a huge game but to be able to beat Air Force you need a very disciplined defense and we don't have one. I hope we win but doubting this one I actually think this is the toughest game we have left.

I so agree. It is time for the boys to step up. Right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT