ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Boise

The good news is that we’ve been great against the spread during Odoms tenure and with a smallish line it’s not such a stretch. I think it’ll be a reasonably high scoring game with both teams in the 30’s.

The longer we can keep it close the better our chances. If it’s a one score game going into the fourth we’re gonna take this game. An early interception to make their QB think twice would go a long way. We’re an underdog without a doubt but we also have the capability to win this one.
28-24 UNLV
or
44-34 BSU

Reactions: RRebel
The longer we can keep it close the better our chances. If it’s a one score game going into the fourth we’re gonna take this game. An early interception to make their QB think twice would go a long way. We’re an underdog without a doubt but we also have the capability to win this one.
28-24 UNLV
or
44-34 BSU
That’s the thing. We can hold Jeanty to 15 yards on 6 carries to start and that dude will not lose confidence or drive, he’s going to keep grinding.

I don’t care if we get a blind side late hit on Madsen early in the game (spare me the niceties, this is football, not powder puff) to try and get into his head.

We need to dislodge somebody key out of their comfort zone and I don’t think we can do that with Jeanty.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
As much as Odom has been wonderful for the program and University, I don't believe he has beat anyone yet that would be considered top 50 when the dust settles. Maybe the win at AF last year is his best win at UNLV? That AF team crashed at the end of the season and has scarce won since.

Boise is a legitimate top 20 team. I believe we our punching above our weight in this one.

Boise St 38
UNLV 27

Heart UNLV 45, Boise 38.

Head Boise 38, UNLV 31.

I think it will be about a 1 score game.

I can see a shootout, but also maybe a slower game like last week with all of the run plays.

I think we dare them to throw and slow Jeanty enough that they have to.

Fun fact. Boise is one of the worst teams in the country in 3rd down defense. If we can down well on first down, I think we sustain drives. Which is huge for our defense that will be challenged

Heart UNLV 45, Boise 38.

Head Boise 38, UNLV 31.

I think it will be about a 1 score game.

I can see a shootout, but also maybe a slower game like last week with all of the run plays.

I think we dare them to throw and slow Jeanty enough that they have to.

Fun fact. Boise is one of the worst teams in the country in 3rd down defense. If we can down well on first down, I think we sustain drives. Which is huge for our defense that will be challenged
that because I think their defense is not too deep at the edge.

I don't "expect" UNLV to win tonight. But I do think we have a decent chance. We'll need to play a very good game, and hopefully get a big turnover or special teams play to help us out. RW with another blocked punt?
I think that we have to get a fast start on them too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT