ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s get a big crowd out there!!

Please forgive me. I will talk politics for one time on this board. I will vote for Kamala Harris . I will get love from from my wife. Sorry, Tump.

When you look at the annual coaching shuffle after the season is over there are only two or three G5 coaches that move up. ( 2022 had two and 2023 had two) The category most picked from are P 4 coordinators - not G5 coaches. Plus Barry has been there and he has to know that going to a P 4 bottom feeder could be the end of the road if he doesn't pull off a huge turnaround. And turnarounds seldom happen. If we pay him, I think we'll be able to keep him for at least a few more years.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
When you look at the annual coaching shuffle after the season is over there are only two or three G5 coaches that move up. ( 2022 had two and 2023 had two) The category most picked from are P 4 coordinators - not G5 coaches. Plus Barry has been there and he has to know that going to a P 4 bottom feeder could be the end of the road if he doesn't pull off a huge turnaround. And turnarounds seldom happen. If we pay him, I think we'll be able to keep him for at least a few more years.
Arkansas potential opening is the one that scares me.

Arkansas potential opening is the one that scares me.
The pressure to win and expectations at Arkansas is real! He has already exceeded our expectations and a raise from UNLV and we could have our own version of Sonny Lubbick. A great coach with P5 experience who only needs to be bowl eligible every year to be retained here! You could be right about the hogs but I think we could keep him here because of what I mentioned!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
The pressure to win and expectations at Arkansas is real! He has already exceeded our expectations and a raise from UNLV and we could have our own version of Sonny Lubbick. A great coach with P5 experience who only needs to be bowl eligible every year to be retained here! You could be right about the hogs but I think we could keep him here because of what I mentioned!
Yeah it is hard to tell the motivation is he Mark Few? That is our best hope. Lifestyle and good money with less pressure hopefully that is what he is looking for.

Reactions: rebel5280

Not sure if this link will work but this was the best UNLV football game crowd I’ve ever been a part of (not including when a team rolled in with 25k of its fans like Wisconsin). And it didn’t seem like it was a bunch of curiosity seekers but folks coming out to really support the team. Even though we lost I have a feeling many of those fans will come back. Odom is doing such a great job. That atmosphere will help recruiting and provide further evidence to the Big12 that they should get UNLV into their conference before sooner rather than later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT